Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is then possible that DV may have had a quick chat with the 3rd car or done a quick deal for some weed - (not victim shaming here at all). She then followed the wrong car my mistake or was just wildly disoriented, and ended up accidentally driving into the water. Yes the video of the drive to Saraland does emphasise what a long way in the wrong direction it is but it also confirmed to me that the ramp into the water is not signed or fenced off in any way. I think it would be easy to mistake it for a driveway or road. And I agree with posters that she might not have had a quick enough reaction time, tried to put it in reverse before trying to get out. Opening her own window would have released the water pressure but you have to know that to do it as its counter intuitive. BBM

I have watched the Saraland video a few times and I totally agree with you that the location was a '...long way in the wrong direction'. In fact I cannot get beyond this point of location at all.

If DNV had come off the highway and realized she was lost, then wouldn't it make sense to do a quick turnaround and get back on the highway to attempt to return to West Mobile? I'm also curious about the lighting in that neighborhood at night but from an achived satellite picture I found the entire area looked very dark once you are away from the highway.

The video which was shot during the day made it appear that it involves more than a few turns in order to get to the boat launch. It also seemed like the driver in the video at times slowed down to make sure that they were heading in the correct location to get to the boat launch. Imagine doing that ride late at night, especially after more than a few drinks?

At this point I just cannot get to the point where I can understand how a person ends up in a neighborhood relatively far from their apt. and late at night by themselves? The only way I can somehow try to understand how DNV ended up in that neighborhood late at night was if she had been with someone and they led her there or perhaps if she were following someone (which others here have mentioned as well). While the boat ramp had no light or chain fence or barrier of any sort to stop someone from going down the ramp at night, I am presently 'hung up' on the simple process of manuevering all the twists and turns to get to the boat ramp in the first place in the dark late at night.

IF DNV was driving her car: she was NOT going back to Dublin's for her phone...that is obvious...absolutely no way.
so where was she going, why?
Is this foul play?
Or was she in a desperate mental state - ? (the third car to me negates the mental state: just way too convenient)
Thank you so much for that video of the trek to the boat ramp - just crazy!
I'd like to see what the alternate route back to Dublin's would look like: she had just done that - & knew that route anyway...bet it's pretty darn different......
she didn't get lost...sorry: no way buying that...
need to keep in mind DW said: she was behind me going to Dublins to retrieve her phone.....OKIE POKE: then why did she stay IN FACT 15-20 minutes then take some scenic route into water...??
I hope LE doesn't let this go.......

I'll go back to a theory I entertained awhile back: she & DW were going: well, heck, who knows: but just maybe they were going to meet up at that Shell to procure controlled substances: they get there: she left her phone: DW says: I'll go back, meet me there, etc
She waits: meets up with car 3: they say: no, not here: follow us &/or directions: she gets turned @: ends up in the water.....

I'll go back to a theory I entertained awhile back: she & DW were going: well, heck, who knows: but just maybe they were going to meet up at that Shell to procure controlled substances: they get there: she left her phone: DW says: I'll go back, meet me there, etc
She waits: meets up with car 3: they say: no, not here: follow us &/or directions: she gets turned @: ends up in the water.....
That could make sense except it leaves out the disabled GPS. Unless you are including that it was accidentally disabled while looking for the phone.

Just an unlikely series of unfortunate events IMO

I’d love clarification on the type of gps installed and how difficult it was to disable. That would help a lot of theories either be ruled out or make more sense.

darn: forgot about that GPS!
yeah: another person said that it only pings when started up: another: pings every two minutes.....
between lack of information like this: I threw my hands up awhile ago......
but, the weirdness of this case brings me back
I am always trying to get it to basics:
so: fact 1: she was NOT following DW to Ollies - there was some other reason, purpose or destination
fact 2: she was NOT leaving the Shell station to go to Dublin's to retrieve her phone....she was going elsewhere, where? why?

Last edited:
Tried to skim through all the pages I have missed and did not see this posted. (Sorry if it is a repeat)

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/poli...LogSN6uGpNDtAu2T9JUpgvov7yQZQqNoBjj77Qey2PVRg

Police: Danniella Vian death likely an accident
Tuesday, May 14th 2019

NBC 15 spoke with law enforcement following the discovery of Danniella Vian’s vehicle in the waters of Bayou Sara; at that time, early investigation revealed that evidence supported that death of the young mother who was missing for ten months was likely an accident.

"This is still an active investigation, but everything that we have found to this point indicates to us or appears to us to be an accidental incident," said Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste.

According to law enforcement, there are certain "manipulations of instrumentation inside the car" that could only have occurred after the car entered the water.

While NBC 15 is aware of what this information is, we are withholding that information until the investigation is concluded at the request of law enforcement.

The official cause of death is listed as undetermined due to the condition of the body; however law enforcement says preliminary autopsy results do not indicate trauma to the body.

Toxicology results could take six months to a year to get back.

Also, did anyone ever confirm or debunk the theory about her "last GPS ping" being downtown in a parking garage on Dauphin St.?
No one has been able to answer this for me.
I dont believe this was an accident by no means. I have talked to TT and he said she would never have done this willingly.

I believe this link is allowed, to public FB page, Justice for Daniella Vian
https://m.facebook.com/danniellavianmissing/posts/731317870580058

According to this, the "mother in law" said the phone last pinged at the Shell Station at 11pm

I would love for there to be peace in this case
but if LE cannot explain why DNV was supposed to be driving back Dublin's to find her phone & ended up in the detour she did then I will not be able to let it go....
BTW: it wouldn't be the phone that pinged: that's the entire rub: DW & DNV were supposed to be going back together to Dublins to get her phone: she had no phone......The ping is in reference to the GPS system installed in the car: it appeared to be disabled during the time DNV was at the Shell station

@Nerissa @Spellbound what do you think about the two missed calls from RC to DW and MK? Think they had their phones turned off so there would be no cell tower pings showing their locations? And MK not being at OLlies until around 11:12pm? She called RC at 11:12pm because she had just arrived at Ollie’s and he wasn’t there. Where did RC go?
All according to various timelines MOO of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot