AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know what to think about this case but I recently followed the disappearance of Kristen Ashley Bennett and after a bunch of "I miss her!" FB posts, her boyfriend of 6 years (and father to her son) was just arrested for her murder. Her dad is devastated as he was standing up for the BF when she was missing.

Carteret DA: Boyfriend charged with killing girlfriend had child with her

Deceased/Not Found - NC - Kristen Ashley Bennett, 24, Carteret County, 14 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

I agree about not knowing what to think about this case. I feel there are people close to DV who may know more than they are offering. Anytime someone takes offense to questions my suspicion meter goes off the rails. People are asking good questions in an attempt to help locate to DV. But I will continue because DV needs people who are truly interested in her well being, like all of us here on WS!!

I agree about not knowing what to think about this case. I feel there are people close to DV who may know more than they are offering. Anytime someone takes offense to questions my suspicion meter goes off the rails. People are asking good questions in an attempt to help locate to DV. But I will continue because DV needs people who are truly interested in her well being, like all of us here on WS!!
Situation with the information on this case is upsetting and in my mind the overall situation with information is taking away from what is important which is finding DV. I went back today and read the thread from the beginning and there is alot of excellent information here that many many different people have contributed since this thread was created. It bothers me that many of the early posters that understood Mobile and had knowledge of the situation seem to have melted away. I find this upsetting and I wish they were still following along here.

In my mind the only reason I have continued to follow the thread was because of DV and her daughter. I didn't follow the thread because of the family or lack thereof as I believe, at least to me, that they are a distraction from finding DV. I don't think I can spend any time thinking about the family so I will put them off to the side for now.

What upsets me was the earlier post today about how DVT is selectively sharing information. In my experience in problem solving the fastest way to achieve poor or zero results is selective sharing in a group project. I don't sense the family is willing or able to change their view about how best to work effectively with people. I feel quite sorry for them but I cannot personally give them any more time or energy as it interferes with what is the goal here which is finding DV.

Its a sad situation but it is what it is and its good that the situation was understood sooner rather than later IMO.

No one local is saying anything anymore because it's as though the case has completely fallen off the face of the Earth. So little is said that it almost feels like it never happened.

I watched a Mobile local news segment about a little boy handing out fliers but the whole segment was about how sweet the little boy is! No information or news on DV. It was weird.

Yes
I watched a Mobile local news segment about a little boy handing out fliers but the whole segment was about how sweet the little boy is! No information or news on DV. It was weird.
Yes, they just held a car wash last weekend to raise money to help fund individual research efforts or at least that's how I understood it. I saw that the event raised between $2-3k on one post. However, there's not been a single update on where the case stands, whether they're still pursuing leads, nothing. The LE did the one PC, offered the reward for more information, and then never said anything to encourage or remind anyone that it was available. In fact, not long after the was a shooting in which they also offered a reward for info on and the news repeatedly played the video of the shooter. People probably don't even remember there's a reward out there.

I remember this and remember thinking maybe LE knew much more than we did but then there was no arrest.

I read this New Yorker article on police informants this weekend and while I think it's a real long-shot, it made me think. Why isn't LE publicly making DV a priority? The Throwaways

Wow. The scenario in that article would make sense here. Danniella suddenly had money for a car, was met by multiple cars at the gas station, and the video was pulled down by LE. I’ve always felt LE knows what’s going on. Jmo

I understand why people are concerned about JDT, but I chalk it up to a protective mother who knows her son is going to be suspect #1 at some point. And...if rumors are true, she was trusted by DV with custody of her daughter. I felt when I read DV’s list of goals that she was trying to better herself so she’d be ready to keep her daughter more, not that she was going to fight for custody. Just my feelings.

I understand why people are concerned about JDT, but I chalk it up to a protective mother who knows her son is going to be suspect #1 at some point. And...if rumors are true, she was trusted by DV with custody of her daughter. I felt when I read DV’s list of goals that she was trying to better herself so she’d be ready to keep her daughter more, not that she was going to fight for custody. Just my feelings.
That goals list was from a month before she went missing. Who knows what happened during those 4 weeks....

I tend to agree with you. Even if there was bad blood between DV and JDT, DV is still her granddaughter's mom. I think JDT has had no experience with the media or LE (in a professional context) where she understands what seems "appropriate" to say or not. I'm sure LE has told her not to share anything with the public like they do in most cases, and she's just not sure what to say. They also may not be sharing any information with her since she's not DV's next of kin or relative. She may know no more than we do, but she still wants to try to answer when people ask her questions. She seems to have said the same thing over and over IMO with the exception of a few things she said early in the case that may have been proven incorrect. I don't really get the bad feeling about her some people do.

Of course we welcome anyone who is interested in helping. We welcome any information you have. Are you willing to share information you have? We love to hear and put our minds and thoughts to help find DV.

As long as it is information that can be shared legally, yes. I'm all for helping in any way I can.

Everyone is welcome. Sorry if I gave the impression that you were not welcome but the reference to drama from JDT and her choice to selectively share information honestly put my back up as information in this case has been such an issue. I am glad you are here and sincerely hope you are able to help. Good luck!

There has been a lot of drama (more than what was in the screen shots I've seen from a particular FB group) and people accusing JDT of being involved or covering things up. Unfortunately, there is info that she can't give (not even to us), as with most cases, and there is info that LE isn't even releasing to her, such as the CCTV footage.

HOW COME WHEN TT IS MENTIONED TO ANYBODY RELATIVELY CLOSE TO THE CASE THEY IMMEDIATELY STOP TALKING?!?

I haven't stopped talking because TT was mentioned. I don't know much about TT other than he's now in rehab and was incarcerated when DV went missing. I don't know date of release/date of admittance to rehab.

Hi, did she ever come on here and give a summary of what she saw? We really need help and knowing what was on that video is critical to moving forward. Thanks

As far as what I heard was on the CCTV that ran on the news, JDT saw it on the news (she didn't see it at the MPD station at all). JDT has told us that the video itself was too dark to make out people and that it only really confirmed the times of arrival/departure for the cars, as well as when the cars left the gas station the last time, they went left out of the gas station.

Hi, from the little we know DV most likely wouldn't qualify for a conventional bank loan. She might however qualify for a private loan from a used car dealer most likely at a very high/predatory rate. She doesn't appear to have access to credit cards and doesn't have a bank account per JDT. From what I have learned about these kinds of loans the dealers keep GPS tabs on the cars and some even have ignition kill switches where the car can be made inoperable if a payment is not made. The cars can be located 24/7 and if payments aren't made the cars are immediately repossessed. These kinds of loans can be toxic but people do them because they don't have other options. We don't know if DV paid cash in full or has some kind of loan on the car from Pearl Motors.

She paid for it in cash. With regards to the disabled GPS, it's the onboard GPS that operates OnStar (though I, personally, don't know if she had OnStar activated). In her car, there is a fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel and this is where the fuse for the GPS is so it wouldn't be hard to remove, which is likely what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking