AL AL - Deundray Cottrell, 31, last seen around 10 PM, Birmingham, 4 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MFH

Reaction score
Search continues for missing Atlanta man who disappeared from east Birmingham: ‘A lot of people are hurting’

Deundray came from Atlanta to Birmingham to visit his sister for the 4th of July.

About 10 p.m., Cottrell said he was going upstairs to check on his dog, because of the firefworks.

“He went and checked on the dog and I never saw him again,’' Harris said.

Family is posting and very concerned, leading searches today in the area.

Facebook - Log into Facebook
BQNLKIY3GBGZXAH7D7E7RZAS3Y.JPG

So they saw him running on camera, but did they see anyone behind him? Where’s the dog? Did he jump into a car or kept going on foot?? And now the partner is missing.. This one is strange. I pray he is found safe.

This article has a bit more details but no solid answers yet. It appears that DC was in a throuple. The family states that
JM was acting very strange after DC's disappearance.
Atlanta man claimed his partner jumped out of window on Fourth of July. He's now considered a person of interest in his homicide.

Police have named Julian Morris a person of interest but have not identified him as a suspect. Despite online reports, Birmingham Police said Julian has not contacted their homicide unit.
"He was acting out of it," she said. "Everyone was searching, he was eating, he had no sense of urgency."

Angelica said she offered for him to stay at their mom's house just up the road. A few hours later, Julian woke them up and tried to get back into their home. She said they called the police and put him on trespass notice.

She said up until his body was found, Julian was calling her brother's phone.

"Like nonstop calls, all day. He called, he sent messages, he sent music through the text messages. Just the craziest of things," she said.

This article has a bit more details but no solid answers yet. It appears that DC was in a throuple. The family states that
JM was acting very strange after DC's disappearance.
Atlanta man claimed his partner jumped out of window on Fourth of July. He's now considered a person of interest in his homicide.

Police have named Julian Morris a person of interest but have not identified him as a suspect. Despite online reports, Birmingham Police said Julian has not contacted their homicide unit.
"He was acting out of it," she said. "Everyone was searching, he was eating, he had no sense of urgency."

Angelica said she offered for him to stay at their mom's house just up the road. A few hours later, Julian woke them up and tried to get back into their home. She said they called the police and put him on trespass notice.

She said up until his body was found, Julian was calling her brother's phone.

"Like nonstop calls, all day. He called, he sent messages, he sent music through the text messages. Just the craziest of things," she said.
I wonder how Julian could be responsible for Deundray's death if he didn't follow him when he jumped out the window? I'm still so confused by this one.

"It's tough. A lot of people take it tougher, because we consistently went passed that shed -- we consistently went passed that shed -- numerous times, retracing his steps," said Timothy Cottrell, noting he never though his brother was in the shed. "It’s a blessing and a curse because how would we react if we found him ourselves, that whole look and idea, but just knowing he was in the shed the entire time. We passed, kept going by it. We didn’t want to break any laws."
"He never hurt no one, so for someone to hurt him, it's ironic, it's strange. We started questioning, like, he's not that type of person, so what would he done to you to make you feel you needed to do that?" said Timothy Cottrell.

"He was the last one to be with my brother when he was alive, now he's nowhere to be found," said Timothy Cottrell. "Julian, where are you?"

This is when the word "weird" comes in handy. I don't know what to make of these facts.

Same story two links.

MSN or Sister of Dancer Found Dead Claimed Partner Didn't Look for Him, Kept Eating After He Vanished

1720671513714.png1720671576778.png

— further claiming that about an hour later, Morris, 31, told her that Cottrell had jumped out of a window in the house and left.

Harris said that she and her family immediately began searching for her brother, but alleged that Morris stayed at her house, eating.

"Everyone was searching, he was eating,"
Harris claimed. After Cottrell's disappearance, Harris asked Morris to leave, she told 11 Alive, and he hasn't been seen or heard from him since.
[...]
Two days after he disappeared, Cottrell's body was located in a shed. His death has been ruled a homicide, and Morris has been named a person of interest in the investigation.

1720672579020.png
Deundray Cottrell's body was found on July 6
in Birmingham, Alabama. He was 31.

“While we looked, Julian didn’t,” Harris told the outlet. “At one point while everybody was searching, we came back in the house and Julian had fixed a plate and was sitting there eating. And he looked at me and was like, ‘Oh my gosh, the food is so good.’”

Several Ring cameras from the neighborhood showed Cottrell running through people’s yards
and jumping over a gate, according to AL.com.

“It looked like he was looking for refuge,” Harris told the outlet. “He was running for his life.”

Be sure to watch this news report too.

Cottrell was discovered unresponsive “inside a detached shed in the backyard of an abandoned residence.”

Timothy Cottrell, the victim’s older brother, told ABC affiliate WBMA that the family had passed by the shed “numerous times” without thinking Deundray might be inside.

Police say they are now looking for Morris and consider him a person of interest
in the investigation of his partner’s death.​

Harris told Al.com on Wednesday that her brother was in a throuple relationship with Morris and another man, DeEric Williams. Cottrell and Williams had been together for 14 years, according to his sister, and Morris became part of the throuple three years ago. All three of the men lived together and worked together.

“From what I understand, Julian was starting cause issues between Deundray and De Eric,’’ Harris told Al.com. “He would start spats that would isolate DeEric and Deundray from each other.”

Cottrell, Morris and Williams described themselves on Instagram as Atlanta’s hottest creative male performance trio and event hosts.

“My entire heart has been ripped out of my body. Good people are hurting. I wish I never let y’all go to Birmingham without me. No one can ever replace you,” he wrote.

At the time of his death, Cottrell was working on his doctoral degree. He had previously attended Jacksonville State University.

....“From what I understand, Julian was starting cause issues between Deundray and De Eric,’’ Harris told Al.com. “He would start spats that would isolate DeEric and Deundray from each other.”

Cottrell, Morris and Williams described themselves on Instagram as Atlanta’s hottest creative male performance trio and event hosts....

Wow, they all three were a throuple working and living together and this happens? Deundray ends up running for his life and is found deceased in a shed. So young with a bright future. What happened? What a mystery.

1720678753411.png

1720678487386.png

The Atlanta throuple, describing themselves on their SkiiBoyz Entertainment Instagram account as Atlanta’s hottest male performance trio and event hosts, was headlining events and thriving professionally and personally.

Now Cottrell is dead, Morris is sought by police for questioning, and Williams is heartbroken.

“My entire heart has been ripped out of my body,’’ Williams posted on Facebook. “Good people are hurting.”

“I wish I never let y’all go to Birmingham without me,” Williams wrote. “No one can ever replace you.”

Last edited:
This is all over the news tonight and I keep running into more news articles that just make me wonder more and more what happened. It seems Deundray went into the house to check on the dog, then MOO, must've felt some threat while still inside the house because he ended up jumping out of a window. How did Morris know he did that? Was he inside the house too? What made Deundray leave the house and start running through yards as though pursued? It's just such a strange story.

BTW, there may be some confusion, but I think DeEric Williams is also DeEric Garnell.

Cottrell was in school to earn a doctorate and also worked in marketing, according to AL.com. He was also a dancer and the CEO of Skiiboyz Entertainment, an Atlanta-based dance trio that, according to the troupe’s Instagram profile, included Morris and another partner, DeEric Garnell. All three members of the trio had Instagram followings in the tens of thousands. Garnell wrote a tribute to Cottrell on his personal Instagram, alongside videos and images of the two dancing and kissing.​

“RIH my beautiful angel,” Garnell wrote. “The first day I met you I knew you were MY person. Our bond stayed strong and no one could test that.”.....

Police: Boyfriend person of interest in Alabama homicide - The Birmingham Police Department is now asking the public for help finding Cottrell’s boyfriend, Julian Morris, whom investigators called a person of interest.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member