GUILTY AL - Four Luong children thrown from Dauphin Island Bridge, Mobile County, 7 Jan 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dark_shadows, I read your post about baby Alexis.. I really have no words. It breaks my heart and I am tired of crying and having my heart broken a million times over by these kinds of stories. I will never understand it. I wish I knew of a way to stop it but I am not God and I don't pretend to be. All I can do is pray for understanding and maybe one day we will all have our answer. I am sorry you have to live with this pain because I couldnt even imagine... :blowkiss:

My very dearest Believe,:blowkiss:
Thank-you very much for your post.
Yes, they should be sterilized. Period. Women who have no regard for human life, the lives of their own children should be made to have their tubes tied. Sorry to be so blunt but that is the way that I feel.

Some may see my thinking as inhumane. Well my relative died an inhumane death and her prior abuse was reported and not prevented.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows,

I am so sorry for the loss of Alexis. (((Hugs))) Thank you for sharing.

tezi

Was wondering if anyone has heard any update on this yet? The last I heard

was that two of the four babies had surfaced. My god this makes me so

angry, enraged, sick to my stomach, not to mention I just do not understand

mankind anymore. I would appreciate any updates if anyone hears anything.

Thank you

This is just heartbreaking, what beautiful children. I'm so angry at this man, I hope he rots.

My heart goes out to their mother. I cannot imagine the pain and shock she is feeling over this tremendous loss.

This is a DP case. JMO.

A news conference held a short time ago stated that a small body was found in Louisianna waters today. It is believed to be that of little 2 year-old Hannah. The search may now be over so this poor mother my bury her children together. I pray she and her family find peace and healing.

A tape of the conference should be up shortly on these sites:

www.wkrg.com

www.nbs15online.com

This is just so horrible. I don't dare allow myself to even think about what those little kids went through. What a horrible way to get back at your wife.
My heart goes out to her. I don't know how she will live through losing all of her babies. I wonder if she ever dreamed that this creep was capable of doing such a thing. I'm glad they have found all of the babies now. At least the mother will be able to bury them now. They should just hang this jerk.

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/can_lam_luong_get_fair_trial/14829/

Can Lam Luong get a fair trial in Mobile County?

That's the question attorneys discussed in court as they get closer to trying the man charged with 5 counts of capital murder.

Luong is the man police say tossed his four young children off the Dauphin Island Bridge in January 2008.

Luong's trial date is set for March 9, 2009.

The question now is... where will the trial be held?

The defense wants to put their finger on the pulse in Mobile County and would like to conduct a phone survey to determine how much people know or remember about the case.

A research expert named Dr. Verne Kennedy was brought to court on Wednesday. He submitted a rough draft on the survey.

350 random calls could be made to potential jurors in Mobile County.

Here are some sample questions.

1. Have you heard, read or seen anything about the Lam Luong case?

2. Have you talked to family members about the Lam Luong case?

3. Is it your personal and private opinion that Lam Luong is guilty or not guilty?

Another draft on the survey is expected to be submitted next week.

Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson believes the case can be tried here. "We have had a number of high profile cases tried in Mobile County and those cases have withstood appellate court scrutiny. So yes, I think it's possible."

Wherever the trial will be held, it's expected to last up the 3 weeks.

Judge Charles Graddick also decided that the jury would be sequestered during that time.

I'm hoping to be on this jury...doubt it will happen though.

I'm hoping to be on this jury...doubt it will happen though.

Thanks for the update. Why do you want to be on the jury? I love jury duty. You're right that it probably won't happen if you have opinions on the case and express them honestly during voir dire.

I'd just like to be able to see what kind of person he really is and who he could do something like this.

Man accused of throwing children off Dauphin Island bridge pleads guilty, says he wants to die
Posted by Press-Register March 05, 2009 2:52 PM

Lam Luong pleaded guilty this afternoon in Mobile to capital murder and asked to be put to death, acknowledging in a letter the horrific killings of his four young children last year. Prosecutors said that he threw the children off the Dauphin Island bridge in a possible act of revenge against his wife.

Mobile County Circuit Judge Charles Graddick questioned Luong, 38, at length to make sure that Luong understood his request and its consequences. Luong and Graddick exchanged remarks through an interpreter; Luong speaks Vietnamese.

Graddick cautioned Luong that his lawyers did not believe a guilty plea was in Luong's best interest.

Luong's request apparently surprised even his defense team. Today's proceedings before Graddick had been called to decide questions such as whether Luong's capital murder trial should be moved away from Mobile.

Luong wrote a letter to Graddick that the interpreter, Tam Vo of Mobile, translated for the court. Its complete text read as follows:

"Dear Judge, My name is Lam Luong. I have a request. Judge please approve I am plead guilty for what I have done that was the matter of killing my 4 children. From the day they died, I am no longer want to live.

"But I don't know how to die. Judge please grant my wish. I hereby request the death penalty as soon as possible. That is my request. Lam Luong."

(snipped)

http://blog.al.com/live/2009/03/man_accused_of_throwing_childr.html

I hope the judge grants his wishes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member