AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your interest in our Film, SHINED Rabbit.

The film, that began shooting in 2015, is currently in the final processes of post-Production, and this fall- coming to a Film Festival near you. We are possibly planning a Preview of the film in the Southeast soon, but until then look for the upcoming release of our teaser on YouTube.

Sincerely
Shined Rabbit Film, Producer

I have enjoyed reading the recent posts. Good job everyone! Has anyone heard any thing further on the "Shined Rabbit" documentary such as when it will be released and which network will produce it? There was earlier reports that Sundance was going to broadcast it his summer.

The film, that began shooting in 2015, is currently in the final processes of post-Production, and this fall- coming to a Film Festival near you. We are possibly planning a Preview of the film in the Southeast soon, but until then look for the upcoming release of our teaser on YouTube.

Sincerely

Thanks for joining us. Could you give us the meaning behind the title, "Shined Rabbit" , avoiding any spoilers of course.

Sincerely

Thank you so much for that information and welcome to Websleuths! :wagon: :welcome:

We are possibly planning a Preview of the film in the Southeast soon

Would be a good idea to have the movie preview in none other than Ozark itself (if possible).

Also, I know I saw some documentaries which doesnt have such thing but please, don't forget to add the tip lines, or where ppl may send their tips if they have any, etc... right before the end credits roll.

This case has been one that's interested me for a while. It's perplexing but has some tantalizing clues. I'm working on some podcast projects and think this case is one that I'd like to cover. I need to brush up on the case. Can anybody tell me where the best sources are for accurate and updated about the case?

Check out DimeDetective's posts, especially the one early in the first thread. He layed out all the facts and listed the victims and the suspects and what is known of them.

Morf13, Some of the initial information that came out ended up being corrected later, but DimeDetective tried to come back and correct some things in his later posts. For instance, people initially couldn't figure out, if JB and Tracie were headed to a party near Headland & Haleburg, how did they end up in Ozark? But that was later clarified, that their destination kept changing that evening. So if you read through the threads, things get updated and changed.

I would be very interested in hearing your podcast on this subject. I think many people would.

Check out DimeDetective's posts, especially the one early in the first thread. He layed out all the facts and listed the victims and the suspects and what is known of them.

Thanks, I will look this all over again

Morf13, Some of the initial information that came out ended up being corrected later, but DimeDetective tried to come back and correct some things in his later posts. For instance, people initially couldn't figure out, if JB and Tracie were headed to a party near Headland & Haleburg, how did they end up in Ozark? But that was later clarified, that their destination kept changing that evening. So if you read through the threads, things get updated and changed.

I would be very interested in hearing your podcast on this subject. I think many people would.

Thanks, our podcast 'CRIMINOLOGY' launches in the next week or two(shameless plug :dance:) and we already have our material for the first 8-10 episodes, but this is a case I think would make for great podcast material. So down the line, I'll see what can come of it. I am looking forward to the documentary that is coming out about this case

[video=youtube;HwpcqrW2HFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwpcqrW2HFo[/video]

The Shined Rabbit Trailer has been released

It looks like a well-done documentary by this short trailer. I hope this documentary will help get this case back in the spotlight. Thanks Ted Mac for the post!

One thing that always stood out to me in the case of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett was the water on their clothes. If a killer shoots two victims after they have been in water while they are in the trunk of the car it is a bit unusual he does not think the police will go to residences that have water on them.

Hopefully when police questioned residents who have water on their property they asked them when they worked the night of July 31, 1999 to make sure they were home. Otherwise maybe a neighbor uses their property for the crime and instead of the murderer being the person with the river or pond it is the next door neighbor.

After nearly 18 years I cannot imagine that was not already thought of and those questions were not already asked.

Federal form 4473 is about the only way to actually trace a gun sale. So I assume police used this to try and track down anyone who might have owned a 9mm within a mile of where J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were found dead in their car. I found a very interesting article about gun tracing. It shows that cases like this can be solved.

The link for the article is http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-cops-actually-trace-a-gun-2016-8

Today would have been JB's 35 birthday. For all of you who are praying people, please remember her family in your prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper