AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishrose. You are familiar with the area seen a post you made about teenage places for field parties ... Can you recall the locations and proximity from ozark

I seriously doubt they ever went to a field party that night, but around 1 or 2 miles outside of town where the farmland starts there was liable to be one at any given time. I was in my late 20's at the time of the murders, and did not attend any around here growing up, but basically it would be the kids that lived on a farm, or whose families had land. There were not any that I am aware of that were set locations. That would have to be answered by people that were teens at the time this happened. I AM aware though of where the river gathering sites are/were. There are several in the area, some more secluded than others. By in the area I mean a 10-15 minute drive from the city limits.

I don't know if you've seen this page but there's some early discussion at the link below. Some of these comments are viewable, a lot are not. I want to say when I was visiting the site around 2000-2001 that there were even earlier comments, but apparently they weren't archived. I didn't post there, just lurked. Not all the discussion has to do with the case.

The original Wiregrass discussion page
http://web.archive.org/web/20040615100033/http://www.wiregrass.com/ozark/commentsarchive.html

That's what I'm talkin about! Thanks my friend. This should keep me busy for the next couple months.

I seriously doubt they ever went to a field party that night, but around 1 or 2 miles outside of town where the farmland starts there was liable to be one at any given time. I was in my late 20's at the time of the murders, and did not attend any around here growing up, but basically it would be the kids that lived on a farm, or whose families had land. There were not any that I am aware of that were set locations. That would have to be answered by people that were teens at the time this happened. I AM aware though of where the river gathering sites are/were. There are several in the area, some more secluded than others. By in the area I mean a 10-15 minute drive from the city limits.

River gatherings. Interesting....

ETA - is this something that goes on a lot in the wiregrass area?

oh yes, particularly in the summer months, for swimming and such. Whole families will go out there. The partying starts more in the evenings and the more secluded ones. Or like on one side of a bridge is the partying, the other side the families/swimming, lol.

Nor do I ... However you had posted three places sandy beach was one I would have to go back and locate it. I assume by your comment the locations you mentioned were not field but were river sites.

Filling in gaps of time 11:30 - 12:30 - 2:00 and porential sites within a resonable distance

Thank you for the comments

hello LR1, Thank you for posting..... Have read much of your sluething very impressive :)

I don't know if you've seen this page but there's some early discussion at the link below. Some of these comments are viewable, a lot are not. I want to say when I was visiting the site around 2000-2001 that there were even earlier comments, but apparently they weren't archived. I didn't post there, just lurked. Not all the discussion has to do with the case.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040615100033/http://www.wiregrass.com/ozark/commentsarchive.html

I, like many of you, have read through the Wiregrass.com postings by this suspect, and either he is a sociopathic troll who enjoys the attention he gets from posting suspicious things, or he is the reason the girls died that night. When I have time, I would like to go back through the old forum and take notes on all the things he has said...but part of his game seems to be "muddying the water" around this case.

This is what I know from his own posts...if he is to be believed: He and JB were friends. He was "there for her" when she needed someone. His girlfriend was furious with JB that night. He was questioned by the police and FBI. He once wrote in a letter that JB was seen hugging an "african boy" under the bright lights of a gas station. He is a member of the Christian Identity movement, a white supremacist organization. Also in one post, he wrote about 5 moves he would make if he were investigating. One was to guarantee immunity from prosecution any "witness" who had hired someone to harm JB so she couldn't dance or to set her up with drugs. Another was to guarantee immunity from prosecution for any family member of this "witness" who may have been present when the girls were killed. From his writing you can tell he is fairly intelligent and loves the mind games.

From others I have heard that the private investigator hired by JB's guardian believed him to be involved, and he has fairly recently contacted people related to the victims to alledge that the police were responsible for the murders.

Surely the investigators know all this. It almost seems to me that a prosecutor could make a pretty good circumstantial case just with the facts listed above and the suspect's own words. Maybe not...but it's damn suspicious. Anyone else have anything to add about this suspect?

Excellent post. I want to add that not only did this creep write these things, but he also created the thread they were written on.
Some have written him off as just a troll, but that is not the case. He was involved with a family close to the investigation (not one of the victim's families). He is still around the area and recently contacted one of the victim's family members. There is one other thing that has come up on him lately that is rather incriminating about his involvement in the murders. I will have an acceptable way to post it...stay tuned!

I am hoping that the lawsuit causes some aspects of this case to be established under oath. I know that is not the purpose of the lawsuit, but we are uncertain of way too many facts! And it is not for lack of trying to keep them all straight.

Nor do I ... However you had posted three places sandy beach was one I would have to go back and locate it. I assume by your comment the locations you mentioned were not field but were river sites.

Filling in gaps of time 11:30 - 12:30 - 2:00 and porential sites within a resonable distance

Thank you for the comments

Are you requesting more information on the river gathering spots?
I have learned of more since the post you are referring to, but I do not think any of this is going to factor into what really happened.

Excellent post. I want to add that not only did this creep write these things, but he also created the thread they were written on.
Some have written him off as just a troll, but that is not the case. He was involved with a family close to the investigation (not one of the victim's families). He is still around the area and recently contacted one of the victim's family members. There is one other thing that has come up on him lately that is rather incriminating about his involvement in the murders. I will have an acceptable way to post it...stay tuned!

Definitely will be watching and waiting!!! This is the guy that was also talking about how furious his GF was with JB that night. I have never read what exactly she was mad about though. He knows a lot about the case for sure. Ever since I read some of his posts I have wondered about how he knew JB hugged Bookie, if she actually did. (That was the white supremacist murder theory he had.)

Is it just me or have most of the posts concerning the murders become unavailable? I can pull posts made prior to but when I try to access posts made by certain individuals or about them the thread can't be accessed. Curious if they are on police "lock down".

creepy guy .. Mentioned twice. It was a situation that was not intended however just went wrong.
how would one know the crime happened in this manner, have never read a single senario
Nor report that elated to this

*do something" to JB that got out of Hand

*in return for detailed information about the situation that wasn't intended to be murder, but "went bad".

Guess it also plays in my head, was someone trying to scare JB however it backfired or just a tangled web
Of plea deal options

creepy guy .. Mentioned twice. It was a situation that was not intended however just went wrong.
how would one know the crime happened in this manner, have never read a single senario
Nor report that elated to this

*do something" to JB that got out of Hand

*in return for detailed information about the situation that wasn't intended to be murder, but "went bad".

Guess it also plays in my head, was someone trying to scare JB however it backfired or just a tangled web
Of plea deal options

You know, something like this could definitely be possible. I always found it interesting that J.B was shot in the cheek. Could it have been an accident?

You know, something like this could definitely be possible. I always found it interesting that J.B was shot in the cheek. Could it have been an accident?

cannot say jb being shot in the cheek was accidental
tracie was shot 1st then jb a few hours later
So what ever accidently went wrong was from the beginning

I am hoping that the lawsuit causes some aspects of this case to be established under oath. I know that is not the purpose of the lawsuit, but we are uncertain of way too many facts! And it is not for lack of trying to keep them all straight.

Maybe something positive will come of it but I doubt it. I don't know what kind of damages they're seeking to get compensated for, or if there even seeking compensation. Something tells me an apology will not suffice, in which case you could get people in a round a bout way profiting from a case they themselves have failed to solve. which will not sit right with others. Hell, after the lawyers get paid if there's anything left maybe they'll use the rest to raise the reward. sarcasm/off

Is it just me or have most of the posts concerning the murders become unavailable? I can pull posts made prior to but when I try to access posts made by certain individuals or about them the thread can't be accessed. Curious if they are on police "lock down".

I just checked several random post and they all showed up. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason why some do and some don't. I know webmaster frowned upon naming names when also implying involvement so some were probably snipped or removed altogether. You would think if removed, title would be as well. It might just have to do with the process of archiving that maybe not all things are going to be saved. idk.

hello LR1, Thank you for posting..... Have read much of your sluething very impressive :)

Thank you for posting as well folieadeuxnola, right back at you and you're far too kind.

...you should have seen me trying to type your name correctly with my one finger chicken pecking :) Yeah I'll need to abbreviate that one for sure. How do you pronounce that... never mind. I had a hard time with Eugenie Boisfontaine until I heard someone's pronouncement, beautiful name that one.

Are the pictures from the Haunting evidence show the actual crime scene photos? If so, the numbers by the car door are marking evidence. Wonder what that could be.

Are the pictures from the Haunting evidence show the actual crime scene photos? If so, the numbers by the car door are marking evidence. Wonder what that could be.

Some were real and some were not. The pictures of the bodies in the trunk were not real. If you look closely at the video, one picture has one of the girls wearing a dress and another has them both in jeans. (They were both wearing jeans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper