AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not write off the possibility that as they (JB & Tracie) headed to their rendezvous with the two boys, they may have (1) stopped at a private residence in or close to Ozark to maybe use the bathroom) of someone JB knew or (2) ran into and someone they knew who they did not fear or was not suspicious of and stopped to talk and were killed by that person or persons. IF they were killed by someone they knew, I think one of these two scenarios occurred. MOO

Let’s not write off the possibility that as they (JB & Tracie) headed to their rendezvous with the two boys, they may have (1) stopped at a private residence in or close to Ozark to maybe use the bathroom) of someone JB knew or (2) ran into and someone they knew who they did not fear or was not suspicious of and stopped to talk and were killed by that person or persons. IF they were killed by someone they knew, I think one of these two scenarios occurred. MOO

If either of those scenarios are the case, then I think the next best thing to do would be to map out all the residences along the Broad St. to 231 area they would have traveled to see which residences J.B. Beasley or Tracie Hawlett would feel comfortable enough stopping at after 11:38 pm on that night to use the restroom. Who else did the girls call from the Big Little payphone that night to let them know they might be coming over?

In my opinion, they were headed to see the two Midland City, AL boys and did not have much time to do anything else other than go directly there. And since there are no witnesses such as neighbors or store clerks wherever they went that night must have been kind of deserted. There would probably be some type of water nearby. The shoes Tracie Hawlett had on look like someone splashing muddy water on the shoes or stepping on muddy soaked grass.

But is it a possibility they ran into someone they knew at a stoplight or the Walmart parking lot? Yes, it is a possibility. I just do not think it is a very good possibility based on where J.B. Beasley's car was found on Herring Avenue. I cannot explain the car's location on Herring Avenue other than maybe they made it down 231 a ways before stopping possibly at that rest area, ran into the murderer, who then drove the car back up into Ozark, AL using the backway roads and parked the car along Herring Avenue, then walked all the way back to the rest stop. That could be why he took the car keys, out of habit.

We all look at the evidence differently. This is my interpretation of the evidence I know and have read about concerning the murder case of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett.

You know, I bet if the families of JB and Tracie and other people would push the OPD to work with outside sources, maybe they would. If it's a case where they know who did it but just can't prove it then let CJ investigate it and make it known. At least then everyone could make that person or persons life miserable. It's been way too long to let the person just live freely. I still think that they don't want to because it's gonna make them look even worse than they already do or it involves LE. This is all just my opinion

I know of two that very much loathed JB

I find this interesting and most likely of substance. Even the best people in the world have enemies they haven’t heard from yet.
A lot of the intangible facts draw in a lot of different directions. I have thought that for some reason I cannot currently explain, that this case is not random. One of the girls were a target, the other collateral damage (intentional or not).
No solid facts to back that up known openly yet. (But alluded to in in vague ways) Just a gut felling.

You know, I bet if the families of JB and Tracie and other people would push the OPD to work with outside sources, maybe they would. If it's a case where they know who did it but just can't prove it then let CJ investigate it and make it known. At least then everyone could make that person or persons life miserable. It's been way too long to let the person just live freely. I still think that they don't want to because it's gonna make them look even worse than they already do or it involves LE. This is all just my opinion
To their credit, very early on, police reached out to the FBI

I find this interesting and most likely of substance. Even the best people in the world have enemies they haven’t heard from yet.
A lot of the intangible facts draw in a lot of different directions. I have thought that for some reason I cannot currently explain, that this case is not random. One of the girls were a target, the other collateral damage (intentional or not).
No solid facts to back that up known openly yet. (But alluded to in in vague ways) Just a gut felling.

I would be very surprised if this crime was not committed by someone random to the girls.

I look at the case from the perspective of the phone call Tracie Hawlett made to her mom at the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL on the night of July 31, 1999 at 11:38pm. Knowing that the girls wanted the quickest directions to 231 and knowing that Tracie may have asked her mom if they could stop by and visit two boys from Midland City, AL at a gas station on the way home makes me think either one of two things:

1. Tracie Hawlett intentionally deceived her mother to buy time for her and J.B. Beasley to do whatever they needed to do after the phone call at 11:38 pm.

2. If you consider where J.B. Beasley's car was found on Herring Avenue rather close to the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL where Tracie Hawlett placed that call and you measure how long in terms of time it takes to drive from the Big Little parking lot to for example, 123 intersection, something else can be concluded somewhat. And that is if Tracie Hawlett was truthful to her mother when she placed the phone call and then J.B. and Tracie decided to change their plans and go to someone's house that decision had to be made rather quickly after leaving the gas station. I think many people including myself have thought since the car was found on Herring Avenue and the killer had to leave it on foot then the assumption is the killer lives somewhere in the general vicinity of where the car was located. Or the killer had an accomplice who drove behind him in a different vehicle and that is how the killer left the scene so quickly after leaving J.B. Beasley's car parked on Herring Avenue. Where the killer went and how after leaving J.B. Beasley's vehicle on Herring Avenue is one of the biggest questions in this case.

I would be careful about "feelings" in any type of murder case. Unlike a case like Molly Bish, where it is hard to come to any solid conclusions even based on feelings, in this case I feel rather confident that the murderer is someone unknown to them. We all having feelings about murder cases, and I have used that word many times to describe what I think. It is remembering that feelings are just that without any sort of proof.

But this is a discussion forum, we are not real investigators, and all we really have to discuss are "feelings." And those feelings change based on the more information we know. My feelings about J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett's murder case are as stated above.

They might not of known them well but they knew of them (plural) MOO.

I would be very surprised if this crime was not committed by someone random to the girls.

I look at the case from the perspective of the phone call Tracie Hawlett made to her mom at the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL on the night of July 31, 1999 at 11:38pm. Knowing that the girls wanted the quickest directions to 231 and knowing that Tracie may have asked her mom if they could stop by and visit two boys from Midland City, AL at a gas station on the way home makes me think either one of two things:

1. Tracie Hawlett intentionally deceived her mother to buy time for her and J.B. Beasley to do whatever they needed to do after the phone call at 11:38 pm.

2. If you consider where J.B. Beasley's car was found on Herring Avenue rather close to the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL where Tracie Hawlett placed that call and you measure how long in terms of time it takes to drive from the Big Little parking lot to for example, 123 intersection, something else can be concluded somewhat. And that is if Tracie Hawlett was truthful to her mother when she placed the phone call and then J.B. and Tracie decided to change their plans and go to someone's house that decision had to be made rather quickly after leaving the gas station. I think many people including myself have thought since the car was found on Herring Avenue and the killer had to leave it on foot then the assumption is the killer lives somewhere in the general vicinity of where the car was located. Or the killer had an accomplice who drove behind him in a different vehicle and that is how the killer left the scene so quickly after leaving J.B. Beasley's car parked on Herring Avenue. Where the killer went and how after leaving J.B. Beasley's vehicle on Herring Avenue is one of the biggest questions in this case.

I would be careful about "feelings" in any type of murder case. Unlike a case like Molly Bish, where it is hard to come to any solid conclusions even based on feelings, in this case I feel rather confident that the murderer is someone unknown to them. We all having feelings about murder cases, and I have used that word many times to describe what I think. It is remembering that feelings are just that without any sort of proof.

But this is a discussion forum, we are not real investigators, and all we really have to discuss are "feelings." And those feelings change based on the more information we know. My feelings about J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett's murder case are as stated above.

BBM...Did Tracie really try to deceive her mother? She told her that they had gotten lost. They (JB & Tracie) had tried earlier to locate the two boys and couldn't find them. That IMHO is the "lost" part. Tracie told her mom they wanted to meet the two boys before coming home. Her mother agreed to this, but told her to see them and then come home. I don't think either Tracie or her mother thought that when they met the boys in Headland, they would be there very long. Unfortunately, whatever happened to them, occurred before they ever got to Midland.

BBM...Did Tracie really try to deceive her mother? She told her that they had gotten lost. They (JB & Tracie) had tried earlier to locate the two boys and couldn't find them. That IMHO is the "lost" part. Tracie told her mom they wanted to meet the two boys before coming home. Her mother agreed to this, but told her to see them and then come home. I don't think either Tracie or her mother thought that when they met the boys in Headland, they would be there very long. Unfortunately, whatever happened to them, occurred before they ever got to Midland.

That was my point of the previous post, that I do not believe Tracie Hawlett was trying to deceive her mother. I was just stating different sides of an argument. Either Tracie lied to fool her mom(which I do not believe) or based on the theory of the girls visiting someone in the general vicinity of where J.B. Beasley's car was found, that southeast section bordered by Broad Street and SR 123, their decision making ability would have had to change rather rapidly if Tracie was truthful on the phone with her mom and then once the girls are back in the car either J.B. or Tracie say, "Let's visit Greg who lives over here and blows those other two guys off", something like that. And that would explain how they met their killer(if they knew the killer) in that general area where the car ended up being found. But both of those ideas are possibilities, however remote.

In my opinion(my feeling), I do not believe either idea. I think J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett drove down Broad Street and somewhere either on Broad Street, 123(if they took that shortcut), or 231, they ended up meeting their killer, either because they were stopped by the killer or they stopped somewhere and ran into the killer. But there is one big problem with my theory. And the problem is geography. If my scenario is correct, that would mean the killer would have to leave his vehicle somewhere parked alongside either one of those roadways or at a business near one of these roadways if the girls stopped. And if it was 11:38 pm what businesses were open at that time? And if Tracie Hawlett and J.B. Beasley truly wanted to find and meet up with the boys from Midland City, AL how would they have the time?

And if my scenario is correct based on my believing Tracie Hawlett was truthful with her mother on the phone and the girls did not all the sudden change their plans in a few minutes once they were back in the car, how could the killer's vehicle not have been left somewhere along either Broad Street, 123, or 231 while he kidnapped and murdered them?

It is a simple question: While J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were being kidnapped and murdered, where was the killer's vehicle parked at(under my scenario of believing Tracie Hawlett's phone conversation)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13