GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I totally agree it would be. I knew JB would get trashed; everyone suspected she would be. I don’t think anyone suspected a subtle degradation such as using an alias.

I am just hoping that the jury could feel the shallowness of it even if for just fraction of the amount that I felt reading it.

BTW…. Just as I thank everyone, I thank you for your caring focus

Justice On Folks!!!

Side Note: I don’t know if it shows in the limited press photos, but for McCraney having two pro-bono lawyers, they are bringing one heck of a support staff with them. If that is what they actually are. Often there are four “support“ members.
I have to pay my support staff no matter what I am pursuing. I have a vague suspicion there are some pockets involved, who and what unknown for now. Nothing truly is actually free.

Watch what comes after the trial folks. No matter the verdict

Here is an example of what draws my curiosity. This motion was filed after all closing arguments, but before jury deliberation.

It could be justified as material for an appeal should a conviction occur.

I just find it a bit suspicious for it to be requested post trial.

No matter the jury outcome, I will continue to make these two assertions of firm belief.

1. There were two or more perpetrators in this crime.

2. There is a financial interest supporting the defense. This will likely surface after the trial no matter the verdict. Probably on MSM. I have seen far too much back office activity at and before the trial to be convinced otherwise

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!

Attachments

• Motion for transcribing Gissendanner interview .pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Here is an example of what draws my curiosity. This motion was filed after all closing arguments, but before jury deliberation.

No matter the jury outcome, I will continue to make these two assertions of firm belief.

2. There is a financial interest supporting the defense. This will likely surface after the trial no matter the verdict. Probably on MSM. I have seen far too much back office activity at and before the trial to be convinced otherwise

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!
I can't seem to open that latest attachment, maybe it is just me lol. Trying to be a bit lighthearted, but it isn't working. Just will be glad when this is all over, for the sake of the families of the two teens.

I can't seem to open that latest attachment, maybe it is just me lol. Trying to be a bit lighthearted, but it isn't working. Just will be glad when this is all over, for the sake of the families of the two teens.
I can open the attachment now, thanks.

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!

I think you're on to something. This kind of crime often has more than one perp if there are two victims.

As for some big money behind the defense, there are a lot of people who would like to see a Not Guilty verdict (per the NY Times article I referenced) in a rape-murder case in which the suspect was caught by a DNA hit. This is a belief I've held for a while.

I'm a long-time trial junkie, going back to Manson.

Wednesday, April 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 6)-VERDICT WATCH! (Day 2) (@ 9am CT) – AL – J.B. Hilton Green Beasley (17) & Tracie Jean Hawlett (17) (reported missing July 31, 1999, Ozark & found August 2, 1999 in trunk of car) - *Coley Lewis McCraney (25 @ time of crime/45/now 49) arrested (3/15/19), charged (3/16/19) & indicted (6/6/19) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 1st degree murder while in the act of murdering two or more persons & 1 count of 1st degree rape (Beasley). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bond request 11/15/22. DA will seek DP.
Parabon Nanolabs GEDMatch DNA.
Trial began on 4/17/23 with jury selection & ended on 4/18/23. 12 jurors & 2 alternates. (7 men & 7 women/2 men alternates). Juror dismissed (4/20/23). Now 12 jurors & 1 alternate (6 men & 7 women/1 man alternate). Jury started deliberations on 4/25/23: 5 hours; Total deliberations: 5 hours.
Trial began with opening statements began on 4/19/23. State rested their case on 4/21/23. Defense rested their case on 4/25/23.

Court information from 4/3/19 thru 4/13/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-2 (4/17-4/18/23) & Trial Day 1-4 (4/19-4/24/23) reference post #813 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...17-ozark-31-july-1999-5-arrest.465871/page-41

4/25/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 5: Prosecutor Jimmie Thomas & Defense attorney David Harrison gave closing arguments. Attorney General Steve Marshall gave rebuttal for State.
Jury started deliberations about 11am & ended at 4pm.
for more info see post #817 to 819 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ed-ozark-31-july-1999-5-arrest.465871/page-41
Trial continues on Wednesday, 4/26/23 with jury deliberations.

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!
Was Mccraney's family land ever checked? And what about McDaniels or Mccraney's bro? I mean McDaniels was there during the DV with his first wife and lived in Ozark....

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!
was curious

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!

Anyhow,
Justice On Friends!!!
Assume you caught the dog whistle by Harrison re the toy box. Apart from that being disgusting behavior as an attorney, why did Fillmore not call him in that?

Was Mccraney's family land ever checked? And what about McDaniels or Mccraney's bro? I mean McDaniels was there during the DV with his first wife and lived in Ozark....

Exactly

Not positive about the land being searched. At least not back in 1999.

As far as McDaniels, I recall from time back that McDaniels or his Mother resided in the housing project that abuts on Herring Avenue the opposite end of where it intersects on James Street.

McCraney’s Brother I am not familiar enough with.

Justice on!!

Jurors proclaim McCraney a killer

"Dale County jurors on Wednesday found Coley McCraney guilty of brutally killing two Dothan teens.

They delivered those Capital Murder verdicts after a 9-day trial 24 years in the making.

Dothan teens JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett died in the summer of 1999 when their assailant forced them into the trunk of Beasley’s car and shot each in the head.

“Use your common sense,” Attorney General Steve Marshall begged of jurors during his opening statements. They heeded his advice, rejecting outlandish claims made by McCraney, 49, in a last-ditch attempt to save himself."

"Dale County jurors on Wednesday found Coley McCraney guilty of brutally killing two Dothan teens.

They delivered those Capital Murder verdicts after a 9-day trial 24 years in the making.

Dothan teens JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett died in the summer of 1999 when their assailant forced them into the trunk of Beasley’s car and shot each in the head.

“Use your common sense,” Attorney General Steve Marshall begged of jurors during his opening statements. They heeded his advice, rejecting outlandish claims made by McCraney, 49, in a last-ditch attempt to save himself."

from the article:

The jury has only two options for punishment---life without parole or execution and should decide that punishment in the next day or so.

So that means everyone is back in court tomorrow, right? :)

Exactly

Not positive about the land being searched. At least not back in 1999.

As far as McDaniels, I recall from time back that McDaniels or his Mother resided in the housing project that abuts on Herring Avenue the opposite end of where it intersects on James Street.

McCraney’s Brother I am not familiar enough with.

Justice on!!
corner unit along herring back porch faces the substation towards the direction girls were found

Justice! Wonderful news to wake up to!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay