GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess the State rested on Friday - as Tracey4AU just mentioned - I did not know that!

And quite surprised McCraney is on the stand! And thank you @formerreporterdhn for this report!

Yes, and in my opinion his story is a shaky as a bowl of Jell-O.

I had a feeling that this case was imploding in on him, but there wasn’t much supportive evidence from the start.

So I am curious...especially from those local and/or connected to this case. I noticed a LOT of comments on several of the news posts on social media (this was last week, so not sure today) seem to be convinced of his innocence. This really surprised me. What about y'all?

So I am curious...especially from those local and/or connected to this case. I noticed a LOT of comments on several of the news posts on social media (this was last week, so not sure today) seem to be convinced of his innocence. This really surprised me. What about y'all?

Most of what you find as comments on social media assimilate around two things:

1. Unspoken, but still obvious racial undertones.

2. A deep seated dislike or mistrust for local law enforcement authorities. These feelings have been built up over quite a number of years. Decades, in fact.

Those two reasons in combination with not knowing the actual facts lead to strong opinions that have no solid basis. There is so much stated that is just not true to the case that looking at it from the outside and reading, you would draw a suspicious conclusion. Now that actual testimony is being brought forth everything is coming into a more clear light. It’s just a shame that people want to rely on online innuendo and not what is presented as clear and concise evidence in court

Most of what you find as comments on social media are similar to round two things:

2. A deep seated dislike for local law enforcement authorities. These feelings have been built up over quite a number of years. Decades, in fact.

Those two reasons in combination with not knowing the actual facts lead to strong opinions that have no solid basis. There is so much stated that is just not true to the case that looking at it from the outside and reading, you would draw a suspicious conclusion. Now that actual testimony is being brought forth everything is coming into a more clear light. It’s just a shame that people want to rely on online innuendo and not white is presented as clear and concise evidence in court
These were my thoughts as well. I guess I just wanted to see if I was alone in that.

These were my thoughts as well. I guess I just wanted to see if I was alone in that.

You are not alone. We are many. We just do not fall into the slipstream of tabloid like social media commentary.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I never wanted to convict or acquit this man. I wanted the evidence to play out and let a jury of his peers decide. That is true justice in the American judicial system. He deserves that and we deserve that also

Although I cannot completely tell from what I’m seeing right now, do not be surprised if there is a plea bargain negotiation warming up in the bullpen. That is, of course contingent upon What the families feelings are.

Last edited:
You are not alone. We are many. We just do not fall into the slipstream of tabloid like social media commentary.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I never wanted to convict or acquit this man. I wanted the evidence to play out and let a jury of his peers decide. That is true justice in the American judicial system. He deserves that and we deserve that also

Although I cannot completely tell from what I’m seeing right now, do not be surprised if there is a plea bargain warming up in the bullpen. That is, of course contingent upon What the families feelings are.
Thank you. And I was waiting to hear the evidence as well. I am anxiously awaiting the "end" of this.

Going to the edge here, but to be quite honest and frank, the first thing that shot his testimony down with me is that he asserted that JB used the name “Jennifer”.
Anybody and everybody that knew JB Knew she was very proud of her name, and would not deviate from using it. In fact, she would be quick to tell anyone who asked what the initials JB stood for, she would tell you firmly that it stands for JB only. She was a very strong willed person, even at a young age she was very proud of her name, and would not deviate from using it. In fact, she would be fast to tell anyone who asked what the initials JB stood for, she would quickly tell you that it stands for JB only. She was a very strong willed person, even at a young age and took a lot of pride in herself and everything she was involved with.

I found that are using an alias was almost laughable, if not for the gravity of the whole situation. That blew the testimony up for me.

Going to the edge here, but to be quite honest and frank, the first thing that shot his testimony down with me is that he asserted that JB used the name “Jennifer”.
Anybody and everybody that knew JB Knew she was very proud of her name, and would not deviate from using it. In fact, she would be quick to tell anyone who asked what the initials JB stood for, she would tell you firmly that it stands for JB only. She was a very strong willed person, even at a young age she was very proud of her name, and would not deviate from using it. In fact, she would be fast to tell anyone who asked what the initials JB stood for, she would quickly tell you that it stands for JB only. She was a very strong willed person, even at a young age and took a lot of pride in herself and everything she was involved with.

I found that are using an alias was almost laughable, if not for the gravity of the whole situation. That blew the testimony up for me.
Was this brought out in testimony? I think it's important!

This seems to be headed for an acquittal unless the prosecutor has more than just the DNA evidence. I would not expect a jury to find "guilt beyond a reasonable doubt" given the narrative being put forth by the defense that McCraney and JB Beasley knew each other and had a consensual sexual encounter.

From what I can see, it was not brought out during the states case.
JB defended her name like a trademark. If she used any kind of alias for anything that would be a surprise to anybody and everybody who knew her.
Wouldn't that be important to bring out during their case? Most people are probably like me and wouldn't have known that. My concern is that if not pointed out, one could take from it that he was indeed super familiar with her instead of the opposite. Do you know what I mean? Frankly, I am still stunned the state rested Friday.

Most of what you find as comments on social media assimilate around two things:

2. A deep seated dislike or mistrust for local law enforcement authorities. These feelings have been built up over quite a number of years. Decades, in fact.

Those two reasons in combination with not knowing the actual facts lead to strong opinions that have no solid basis. There is so much stated that is just not true to the case that looking at it from the outside and reading, you would draw a suspicious conclusion. Now that actual testimony is being brought forth everything is coming into a more clear light. It’s just a shame that people want to rely on online innuendo and not what is presented as clear and concise evidence in court
You will remember the original strategy of the defense was to say "a white cop did it." But the woman making this claim recanted her previous statement last year when she was under oath.

You will remember the original strategy of the defense was to say "a white cop did it." But the woman making this claim recanted her previous statement last year when she was under oath.
I remember that and all the rest of the tripe that was dug up over 24 years. It’s been pretty hard on the family. More than most can imagine

It stirred a lot of hurt. As sensational as some of the rumors sounded, many were just ludicrous.

I remember that and all the rest of the tripe that was dug up over 24 years. It’s been pretty hard on the family. More than most can imagine

It stirred a lot of hurt. As sensational as some of the rumors sounded, many were just ludicrous.

Something similar happened with the 2007 Christian-Newsom Murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back