GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps, and only perhaps, he was walking home, on the side of the road, impaired by alcohol, drugs and/or anger. Perhaps the two young girls didn't see him and almost struck him but stopped to make certain that he was okay and apologize. Perhaps, in that instant, this monster pulled the gun he routinely carried "for protection" and took these young girls captive. Only a perhaps and probably no where near what really happened but it is a viable possibility.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, he was walking home, on the side of the road, impaired by alcohol, drugs and/or anger. Perhaps the two young girls didn't see him and almost struck him but stopped to make certain that he was okay and apologize. Perhaps, in that instant, this monster pulled the gun he routinely carried "for protection" and took these young girls captive. Only a perhaps and probably no where near what really happened but it is a viable possibility.

We don't know his thoughts or motivations that night. But, it may have been something as simple as he was looking for a girl to rape and after he finished with JB, she may have cursed him or threatened to go to the police, Or maybe he may have become enraged after the girls ran from him (remember the mud on their shoes and the briars in their clothes) and killed them for that. Neither is a valid reason for killing someone, but again, who knows what his thoughts were?

It is possible Catmommy. In this world, anything is possible.

We don't know his thoughts or motivations that night. But, it may have been something as simple as he was looking for a girl to rape and after he finished with JB, she may have cursed him or threatened to go to the police, Or maybe he may have become enraged after the girls ran from him (remember the mud on their shoes and the briars in their clothes) and killed them for that. Neither is a valid reason for killing someone, but again, who knows what his thoughts were?

I have also thought about both of them getting away from him. How can one person catch two young girls. They were young and athletic so I know they had to run fast. Unless, he caught one and told the other to come back or he "would kill her friend". Just a scenerio.

I have also thought about both of them getting away from him. How can one person catch two young girls. They were young and athletic so I know they had to run fast. Unless, he caught one and told the other to come back or he "would kill her friend". Just a scenerio.

I don't believe we will ever know all the details, but your last sentence is probably correct. Also, he was reported to be a track runner when in high school. So, he probably could run fairly well. MOO

I also think whoever did this took the keys thinking that would delay anyone from looking in the trunk. Not realizing that it had a pop button inside.

The autopsy report shows both girls had powder strippling on the back of their right hands. Does anyone know what that means exactly?

The autopsy report shows both girls had powder strippling on the back of their right hands. Does anyone know what that means exactly?

Powder Stippling: Small hemorrhagic marks on the skin produced by the impact of gunpowder particles, or—in inanimate objects—small pits or defects in the object caused by the impact of unburned or partially burned powder particles.

May I ask where you saw the autopsy? I would be interested in reviewing it.

TedMac, if powder strippling was on their hands, does that mean they tried to shield themselves from the gunshot??

That would be my guess. They probably put their hands on the sides of their heads, which would be a normal defensive reflex action.
I thought that I read somewhere that the bullets went through the trunk of the car. Hmmm. Anyway, when will this go to trial?

Going from memory on the 2nd question, but I believe a bullet was found in JB's head or neck. The bullet that killed Tracie went straight thru her and out the floor of the car's trunk. I remember a lot of blood ran run from the trunk and was on the ground below the trunk.

Also, there was a bullet casing found on JB's leg which DID NOT come from the gun that killed them. I have always wondered about that and maybe it was planted there by the killer to mislead the investigation or he may have inadvertently dropped it and didn't notice it. Just a guess.

Not sure of the Court date.

Last edited:
If it was pitch black dark like they stated Herring is at that time of night, how in the world did the killer not leave any evidence on steering wheel, car door, knobs, etc....
I know I'm new to this site but Ive known about the murders since they happened. I was 20 at the time and very well knew what it was like riding around on a Saturday night going to field parties.

That would be my guess. They probably put their hands on the sides of their heads, which would be a normal defensive reflex action.

Going from memory on the 2nd question, but I believe a bullet was found in JB's head or neck. The bullet that killed Tracie went straight thru her and out the floor of the car's trunk. I remember a lot of blood ran run from the trunk and was on the ground below the trunk.

Also, there was a bullet casing found on JB's leg which DID NOT come from the gun that killed them. I have always wondered about that and maybe it was planted there by the killer to mislead the investigation or he may have inadvertently dropped it and didn't notice it. Just a guess.

Not sure of the Court date.

Seems odd that someone wouldve left that bullet casing like that. If I was going to throw the police off, I wouldve took their wallets or purses to make it look like a robbery. I wonder if McCraney was still at the residence around Herring at this time. The report says that the power was disconnected on 8/16/99.

If it was pitch black dark like they stated Herring is at that time of night, how in the world did the killer not leave any evidence on steering wheel, car door, knobs, etc....
I know I'm new to this site but I've known about the murders since they happened. I was 20 at the time and very well knew what it was like riding around on a Saturday night going to field parties.

Well, no one knows where they were killed. The car ended up on Herring Ave in Ozark, but there was a blood trail that led to that area meaning they were killed prior to where the car was located.

He may have wiped down the steering wheel, seats, door handles, etc. The car was fingerprinted inside and out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen
Back