GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I left WS last August with a long, detailed explanation of my frustrations after they found that little 3-year-old girl's body in a river in southeast Missouri. BreAnn Rodriguez could have been my daughter. She was just a sweet little girl outside riding her bike. The neighbor killed her. He was a married man with kids. That was the case that just tore me apart. This case is very similar. So many of these victims are the sweetest, most wonderful people. I don't know how I'm holding it together now. At some point over the next few days, I'll probably break down over this case. Right now, I'm just too pissed off to let it get to me.

I remember the horror of that sad case as well. I especially felt horrible after I had initially been suspicious of the mother. I guess I am too jaded after reading too many of these cases, so I was wondering if the mom might have hurt her in anger and covered it up. Then when the ugly truth came out, I felt so awful about doubting her. :angel: :rose:

I'm not going to give away anything that might tip off someone. But, in today's high-tech age, it's easy to leave behind bread crumbs without knowing it.

Why does there have to be more to the story? Why must he have been being obnoxious? He was in a bookstore, not a library and was described as 'quietly' talking.

There are other links to this story that have the employee admitting that it is an unwritten rule. The employee even asked him if he wasn't aware of pedophiles stalking children in bookstores. Obviously, the only reason he was removed was becasue he was a man.

to-lawsuit waiting to happen! Sex discrimination fer sure IMO

I remember the horror of that sad case as well. I especially felt horrible after I had initially been suspicious of the mother. I guess I am too jaded after reading too many of these cases, so I was wondering if the mom might have hurt her in anger and covered it up. Then when the ugly truth came out, I felt so awful about doubting her. :angel: :rose:

We only became suspicious because of the way the media made it sound!
Met at church he became interested in the children! that sent up all the red flags!

Yes. I remember you from that case. A lot of people seemed to suspect the family. There was talk of a drug arrest for the father and possible connections to local Hispanic gangs. I thought the child had been held by someone for money. I thought the parents were keeping it quiet for fear that someone would harm the child. I was thinking some mean guy's wife/girlfriend/mother was going to tip the police, and they would retrieve her. I never once thought that she had been brutally murdered. It tore out my heart.

If he had children there or grandchildren i can understand him being in that area but if he didnt well i can understand .

Back to the original issue, just like the guy in this thread...eveyone assumed 'pedophile' when he was probably just a good hearted guy.

Are you saying this grandfather should not go into the bookstore to buy his grandson the 'building' books because he didn't have his grandson with him?

Why?

Okay. I'm as guilty as anyone in regard to getting off track here. Let's see if we can steer it back to this case now and drop the discussion of the guy in the bookstore, etc.

Back to the original issue, just like the guy in this thread...eveyone assumed 'pedophile' when he was probably just a good hearted guy.

Are you saying this grandfather should not go into the bookstore to buy his grandson the 'building' books because he didn't have his grandson with him?

Why?

No but i understand the questions! Unfortunately our society today makes us this way. Id much rather protect the children than wait for one day a kid goes missing from a book store.

what alot of ppl do not understand is that kids are often alone in these areas just like toy stores when a mom or dad lcant find their child they are usually in these areas.... Better to be safe than sorry! JMO

If something had happend to a child in that book store you can bet your last dollar that would be a HUGE law suit!

If he had children there or grandchildren i can understand him being in that area but if he didnt well i can understand .

Sad day when an adult male unaccompanied by a child may not browse the books in the children's section of a book store without being suspected of nefarious intent. Could be a dad, uncle or grandpa looking to buy presents for a child relative. Or, perhaps, as I often do, (although I'm female) looking for old childhood favourites to re-read. Next step to spread the paranoia maybe they'll extend this 'un-written' policy to toy stores too. In fact any and all child -centric venues. Is this what we have come to? So terribly sad.

Why does there have to be more to the story? Why must he have been being obnoxious? He was in a bookstore, not a library and was described as 'quietly' talking.

There are other links to this story that have the employee admitting that it is an unwritten rule. The employee even asked him if he wasn't aware of pedophiles stalking children in bookstores. Obviously, the only reason he was removed was becasue he was a man.

OT. I hope the guy sues the store. WTF, people without children DO have neices, nephews, are godparents...... Just because they are shopping in the childrens area does not mean they are a pervert.

Good Lord, caution is a good thing, all out paranoia is not.

Question! Have there been any reports of actual bodies being found? Could it be an obvious homicide crime scene, with no bodies, and that is why there isn't a confirmation? I'm just shocked that there still isn't official confirmation...

I'm not going to give away anything that might tip off someone. But, in today's high-tech age, it's easy to leave behind bread crumbs without knowing it.

Sad day when an adult male unaccompanied by a child may not browse the books in the children's section of a book store without being suspected of nefarious intent. Could be a dad, uncle or grandpa looking to buy presents for a child relative. Or, perhaps, as I often do, (although I'm female) looking for old childhood favourites to re-read. Next step to spread the paranoia maybe they'll extend this 'un-written' policy to toy stores too. In fact any and all child -centric venues. Is this what we have come to? So terribly sad.

Hey I agree , but i think employess are told to BOTLookout!

I hope the delay in news is due to catching the perp and not a delay in ID. Please Lord, I don't think I can take much more after following that creepy Canadian apprehended in Germany.

I could be wrong but would think if the car hasn't been found LE would at least release a statement for the public to be on the lookout for the vehicle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl
Back