Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you by any chance remember the area they sent the helicopter out and over for 2 hours the first week?

No I don’t - sorry! Someone said they were making media timeline and I’m getting it will be in there! I need to dig through and find the link (and learn how to share a link lol) to give ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Jennifer.Prayers for her daughters and grandkids.

Regarding the crime scene classification and I’m speaking to basic crime scene investigation, NOT this particular case. But if the case is reported as a “Suicide,” the police officers who respond as well as the investigators automatically tend to treat the call as a suicide. It is a critical error in thinking to handle the call based on the initial report. The immediate problem is that psychologically one is assuming the death to be a suicide case, when in fact this is a basic death investigation, which could very well turn out to be a homicide. The investigator cannot “assume” anything as a professional law enforcement officer and therefore, until all the facts are in, it’s best to label it a “crime scene”

Any preconceived theories or notions are dangerous in professional death investigation. In addition to errors of assuming a “suicide” or natural death other preconceived notions may include deaths, which appear to be drug related and/or domestic violence. LE are taught to keep an open mind and not be influenced either by the initial reports or the presentation in the crime scene.

When I worked in Law Enforcment, I recommended that an investigator respond to every unattended death scene, whether it was reported as a homicide, suicide, accident or natural to assure that any potential crime scene and/or evidence surrounding the event was NOT disturbed and as such, it was a crime scene until further information was in.

Found it

MOULTON — Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said he has ordered a helicopter search of a section of Winston County to help possibly locate a missing Moulton woman.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/la...cle_8c6e2c35-99b5-5d9e-9924-563477ef5d59.html

So is double springs in Winston county?
Gosh I can’t wait to see a map.

Regarding the crime scene classification and I’m speaking to basic crime scene investigation, NOT this particular case. But if the case is reported as a “Suicide,” the police officers who respond as well as the investigators automatically tend to treat the call as a suicide. It is a critical error in thinking to handle the call based on the initial report. The immediate problem is that psychologically one is assuming the death to be a suicide case, when in fact this is a basic death investigation, which could very well turn out to be a homicide. The investigator cannot “assume” anything as a professional law enforcement officer and therefore, until all the facts are in, it’s best to label it a “crime scene”

Any preconceived theories or notions are dangerous in professional death investigation. In addition to errors of assuming a “suicide” or natural death other preconceived notions may include deaths, which appear to be drug related and/or domestic violence. LE are taught to keep an open mind and not be influenced either by the initial reports or the presentation in the crime scene.

When I worked in Law Enforcment, I recommended that an investigator respond to every unattended death scene, whether it was reported as a homicide, suicide, accident or natural to assure that any potential crime scene and/or evidence surrounding the event was NOT disturbed and as such, it was a crime scene until further information was in.

Thank you! That was quite helpful!

So is double springs in Winston county?
Gosh I can’t wait to see a map.

According to the article, she was found just outside the Grayson community. Here’s a map showing the distance between Grayson and Double Springs. The helicopter search was done approx. 14 miles south of where she was found.
7d587c363bde72a44e375af164199c79.jpg

Exactly! This should be the 101 of investigation. Let the facts tell the story, not assumptions.

So between hwy 2 and and Sandy creek there is a cell tower plan as day off the road.
This seems much closer to where she was found than double springs tower by the Winston high school.
Why wouldn’t the phone have pinged off of the closer one?

Given that she was found in what appears at first to be a car accident, is it possible that those messages we took to be a suicidal when she discussed leaving her earthly suit behind and going to glory could that be her knowing that she was dying in the accident instead of an actual suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member