Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 48 hour mark coming up in the next few hours, I think we’re about to get a measure of clarity here.

Three main options:

Release them without charges.

Hold one or both on unrelated charges.

Charge one or both with something related to this crime.
Concise as usual - I'm thinking the abduction could be family related, drug related, retaliation, kidnap for a purpose (someone wanted a little girl) ... My hope is family because they would want to keep her alive IMO.

Given the attitude in the community? I would rather stay in jail if I were them! :eek:

JMO...
They may not be guilty.

If the child was in the vehicle, they should be able to obtain rapid DNA results. Also, if they searched the home.

LE has given no detailed information regarding WHAT they are doing. No information on search warrants,if they got or didn't. When ask about charges for the POI..,quoted reply from transcribed presser, below.

Reporter: asks about 48 hour hold expiring later today. Chief: “I expect the BPD will handle its business”

I thought the man presenting information was with the BPD.

Do we know who he is and his position/agency? I've tried to catch it at the first of video and don't know if I'm missing it or he doesn't state.

I'm so hoping I'm wrong and these folks are on the right track.

Jmo

Do we know who he is and his position/agency? I've tried to catch it at the first of video and don't know if I'm missing it or he doesn't state.

Jmo

He is the Chief of Police for BPD.

I’ll say it right now, if “meth” somehow pokes it’s way into this equation we are all in big trouble. Moo. Just saying this in advance. This is one word that we don’t want to hear here.

Drugs was one of my very first thoughts as well.

Someone early on posted a hypothetical scenario of someone possibly in a trafficking ring offering a large amount of cash to someone in need of the money for a child in return.

Most rational people even broke ones would not get involved in that kind of situation. Heavy drug users are usually not rational and we've seen it more than once how they will neglect or even "loan out" their own child to get their next fix.

Digging into the background and any drug use on the POI's would be key for me. I certainly hope drugs are not involved - at least not in this way.

Concise as usual - I'm thinking the abduction could be family related, drug related, retaliation, kidnap for a purpose (someone wanted a little girl) ... My hope is family because they would want to keep her alive IMO.
Yeah, those motives are as good as any. The one other option is that this is your standard abduction by someone who has a sexual motivation.

There are strong reasons why this isn’t the case though, which is obviously a very good thing (because we know how that ends).

Her age, and the fact that two people were allegedly involved (it’s almost always one).

If not for reports that there were failed attempts with other children, I would be leaning strongly towards a personal crime (custody or revenge).

I wish we had some clarity as to if it was in fact these people, and if that even happened.

JMO...
They may not be guilty.

If the child was in the vehicle, they should be able to obtain rapid DNA results. Also, if they searched the home.

LE has given no detailed information regarding WHAT they are doing. No information on search warrants,if they got or didn't. When ask about charges for the POI..,quoted reply from transcribed presser, below.

Jmo
Chief Patrick Smith and District Attorney Danny Carr.

I think that fiasco may have influenced a few of the responses at today's presser though. I think he may have been a bit more gentle with a couple of responses before... but today he was just blunt.

I think they are just as fed up as we are.
I couldnt agree more Facetious. Esp when some of that fiasco was coming from someone that should know better. Now, I'll button my lip before I get grounded. ;)

The above article has been corrected now (see BBM) and reads:

Jefferson County District Attorney Danny Carr along with Governor Kay Ivey are offering a $5,000 reward and an anonymous citizen is offering $1,000. The rewards offered are a total of $6,000.

I don't really understand all the emphasis on who's giving the reward. I mean the Governor issued a Proclamation for the reward.

I've seen much larger rewards without the grand standing. Was that the reason for the presser?

Jmo

Can someone provide an approx. UK time for when the 48 hours are up for the POIs please?

I’m going solely by Tweets, but the first reports of someone being taken into custody was around 10pm on the 13th. That’s 3am your time on the 14th.

There would have been a lag between apprehension and the report of it occurring, and we don’t know the length of time.

My guess would be around 8pm on the 13th, which is 1am your time on the 14th.

So the next few hours will probably bring us to that point, and then it would be a matter of when the media finds out.

Yeah, those motives are as good as any. The one other option is that this is your standard abduction by someone who has a sexual motivation.

There are strong reasons why this isn’t the case though, which is obviously a very good thing (because we know how that ends).

Her age, and the fact that two people were allegedly involved (it’s almost always one).

If not for reports that there were failed attempts with other children, I would be leaning strongly towards a personal crime (custody or revenge).

I wish we had some clarity as to if it was in fact these people, and if that even happened.
Yes! Especially if the public should be aware of these predators offering children candy. I would hope that this will make parents more aware of their children and to understand that regardless of where you live and who you trust, we are not in Kansas anymore Toto....MOO and BARK i guess...

I personally am hoping for a press conference later today with charges. My hope is that when those are announced that we get first middle and last names.
If there is a press conference, it will likely be to announce formal charges. If formal charges are announced, we’ll certainly get names.

Jason Dennis on Twitter
UPDATE on #AmberAlert for kidnapped 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in Alabama: Birmingham Police needs the public's help (they believe someone has cell phone video); Total in rewards is now up to $6,000. https://bit.ly/2nTt7Ly
EG8kVrkWsAI3Ntt.jpg

4:31 PM - 15 Oct 2019

Dire is a four-letter word, @margarita25! :(

BBM - Yes, that was my "kidnap for a purpose" option - ugh just didn't want to write that down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot