Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the wording at the press conferences and in the Governor's proclamation:

arrest and conviction.

So, in other words, if you locate Kamille AND the Perpetrator(s) who have her and they are arrested but get a really good defense lawyer and aren't ALSO convicted, you, apparently don't get the award.

If they are arrested and convicted, that legal process could take months or years.

A 6k reward (compared to Dulce Alavez's 52k reward) but an arrest AND conviction is a stipulation.

Interesting.

Edited to remove my previously unedited thoughts on this because I don't want to be on the bad side of the Governor of Alabama ;):D

I'm also confused about this because what if say the POI is the only one involved and 100% did it and is going to be arrested and is eventually convicted...? Are we able to give the reward to the neighbor that called in the car? It makes it seem as if they are pretty positive there is another person out there for some reason.

Or what if these POIs are arrested and then others are also later on...which arrest is it that is linked to the reward?

Sounds like Cupcake was very unsupervised... Wandering at will. ^^^

If I was her mom, I'd have gone to the party with her -- too many things can go wrong when your child is watched by others-- there are even some relatives whom aren't always the best choice. Including children older than 3 years.
Sad but true.
Yeah why Toddlers are unsupervised is beyond me. Don’t wanna go there because that ship has already sailed, Kwim?

OCT 15, 2019
Kamille McKinney: Lawyer offers to rep AMBER Alert toddler’s abductor for $1 as reward is increased
[...]

Local and state officials in Alabama are offering a cash award for information that leads to the safe return of a 3-year-old girl who vanished on Saturday night.

The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office and Governor Kay Ivey are reportedly offering $5,000 awards, and an anonymous citizen is offering $1,000, for information leading to the discovery of Kamille McKinney. Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith said during Tuesday’s press conference that authorities believe the missing toddler is still in the area, according to WIAT.

[...]

Smith said they have two persons of interest in custody in connection with McKinney’s disappearance. Charges haven’t been filed against the pair but an update is forthcoming, he said.

[...]

Thank you, @leighEg!

#FindCupcake!
It sure would be nice if the governor offered rewards on the other missing kids that are still listed as missing at various dates since 2014 (16 of them). Guess that only happens if an Amber Alert and FB drama bring national attention.

arrest and conviction.

So, in other words, if you locate Kamille AND the Perpetrator(s) who have her and they are arrested but get a really good defense lawyer and aren't ALSO convicted, you apparently don't get the reward.

If they are arrested and convicted, that legal process could take months or years. So you wouldn't be paid anytime soon it seems.

A 6k reward (compared to Dulce Alavez's 52k reward) but an arrest AND conviction is a stipulation.

Interesting.
I think the difference is they're offering a reward for the perpetrator(s) in Cupcake's case, while in Dulce's, the reward is for info for her location.

I recall most cases where the reward is for the person who may have committed the crime, that the reward states arrest and conviction. Shame there's not a reward for Cupcake's whereabouts as well. That would be more of an incentive IMO.

Last edited:
That is the lamest reward offering they can come up with. I mean, COME ON!

Awe, at least they’re doing something.

Here’s the lowdown.

They need to put a cap on that reward bc people might wait for it to go up, which imo could happen unless I missed something (entirely possible, I didn’t read the Governor’s small print on the “Proclamation”). Moooooooo

Unless another word was used besides "bounce," this is the first mention of it here (although it might also have been deleted?).

Zero hits on Google. MOO
The moon bounce was posted in an earlier thread discussing why her shoes had been removed. She possibly removed her shoes because she was in the moon bounce last.

arrest and conviction.

So, in other words, if you locate Kamille AND the Perpetrator(s) who have her and they are arrested but get a really good defense lawyer and aren't ALSO convicted, you apparently don't get the reward.

If they are arrested and convicted, that legal process could take months or years. So you wouldn't be paid anytime soon it seems. And that payout would depend on the prosecutor's abilities in the courtroom moreso than your ability to identify the perps or locate Kamille.

Interesting.

And they wonder why folks aren't stepping forward.

Jmho

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. —

Jack Owens worked as an agent for the FBI for 30 years. He says continuing to share Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney's photo helps get her story out to the public, with the hope to bring her home soon.

He says that where she was kidnapped (at a party), is unusual. He also wonders if perhaps the kidnapper(s) knew she was going to be there.

Video at link...
Former FBI agent gives insight on Kamille McKinney case

It sure would be nice if the governor offered rewards on the other missing kids that are still listed as missing at various dates since 2014 (16 of them). Guess that only happens if an Amber Alert and FB drama bring national attention.
I don't think it has anything to do with the FB drama but I agree - I'd love nothing more for rewards to be offered for all the missing - even if the majority of rewards tend not to be fruitful. MOO

Last edited:
The moon bounce was posted in an earlier thread discussing why her shoes had been removed. She possibly removed her shoes because she was in the moon bounce last.
Yes, I remember it too and it makes perfect sense. Just can't find a source for it which is what Magz was asking for.

What earlier thread? We're still on thread one. :p MOO

Sounds like Cupcake was very unsupervised... Wandering at will. ^^^

If I was her mom, I'd have gone to the party with her -- too many things can go wrong when your child is watched by others-- there are even some relatives whom aren't always the best choice. Including children older than 3 years.
Sad but true.
I thought I read she wasn’t invited to the party. Just joined in.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. —

Jack Owens worked as an agent for the FBI for 30 years. He says continuing to share Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney's photo helps get her story out to the public, with the hope to bring her home soon.

He says that where she was kidnapped (at a party), is unusual. He also wonders if perhaps the kidnapper(s) knew she was going to be there.

Video at link...
Former FBI agent gives insight on Kamille McKinney case
"I have hope; today we're going to solve this." :) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads