AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney,3, Media, Maps, timeline -No Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OCT 20, 2019
Officials conclude grid search of Huffman area, finding no evidence of Kamille Mckinney

P7CLIOCUAVAHRAJTF3TCPL3PVU.bmp

Officials search an area around Huffman Road for evidence of Kamilla Mckinney. (Source: wbrc)

Birmingham officials and volunteers conducted a grid search in east Birmingham Sunday, in connection to the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille Mckinney, that did not produce any evidence, according to officials.

At 1:00 p.m. Birmingham Police Department personnel, Birmingham Fire and Rescue personnel, additional surrounding agencies and volunteers searched a 2 mile area just north of Springville near Huffman Road. According to officials, the search concluded around 5:30 p.m. and did not yield any evidence to aid in the investigation.

MAPS - Updated

1) Tom Brown Village, 4165 5th Ct N, Birmingham, AL 35222, a public housing community off of Messer-Airport Highway (Avondale)​
2) Shell Station, 4012 Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35222 Google Maps

3) Woodside Condominiums, 30 Shadowood Cir, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

4) Parkway Villa, 132 14th Ave NE, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

5) Marland Apartments, 2727 E Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Google Maps

6) All of the above Google Maps
Adding: Huffman Rd/Springville Rd/Huffman HS, Google Maps

OCT 20, 2019
Cupcakes for ‘Cupcake’: Community rallies together to help search efforts
5:30 p.m.

[...]

The search was conducted in the eastern area of Birmingham which extended about two miles, Birmingham Police say.

The area was just north of Springville Road near Huffman Road. The search was completed at 5:30 p.m. and did not produce any evidence to aid in the investigation.

3 p.m.

[...]

Sunday, a Birmingham church hosted a fundraiser to increase the Crimestoppers reward money to bring Cupcake home. The More Than Conquerors Church in Birmingham had a breast cancer awareness event and decided it was a perfect opportunity to raise money for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney by selling cupcakes.

Cupcakes for “Cupcake.”

The church partnered with Crimestoppers, V.I.R.T.U.E. Inc., and K & J’s Elegant Pastries to make this event happen. Pastor Steve Green says he has seen churches across the state come together and pray for the safe return of Kamille.

[...]

$1 of each cupcake sold is going toward the Crimestoppers reward for information leading that leads to Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

[...]

The Birmingham Police Department is also conducting a grid search in the Birmingham area on Sunday.

CBS 42 on Twitter
Former FBI agent gives insight on Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney investigation http://bit.ly/35V6tmT
EHaMKezX0AA1RSy.jpg

10:36 AM - 21 Oct 2019

OCT 21, 2019
Former FBI agent gives insight on Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney investigation
The BPD is getting a lot of support from other law enforcement agencies, including the FBI. Former FBI agent Jack Owens joined Anchors Art Franklin and Alissa Rothermich to give insight into the abduction investigation (watch video above). Owens is not part of the McKinney investigation.

[...]

Owens explained, “A grid search is normal, routine and takes place near where the crime took place. I would like to have the K-9 unit involved, perhaps. I think it’s a wonderful lead.”

[...]

“It’s very interesting that he moved with authority and confidence toward those two children and they’re listening to him,” Owens said. “He’s talking to them and they’re paying attention to him. Apparently, he quickly established their confidence and they got comfortable with him. It is disturbing as we all tell our children not to talk or deal with strangers.”

[...]

“The children might have seen him before. Maybe minutes before, became quite comfortable with him. They’re near their home. They feel good about standing there. They’re used to it, they were playing there and they feel protected and they were protected up until this point,” Owens explained. “And notice how they move… I’ve watched this many, many times and I keep looking for something. That film doesn’t tell me anymore than that they got. It’s disturbing.”

[...]

Owens is confident in the ability of the Birmingham Police Department.

OCT 21, 2019
‘Don’t give up hope and keep your faith in God strong,’ says Tuscaloosa County mother whose daughter disappeared in 2003
[...]

Sixteen years ago, Beth Thompson’s daughter, Heaven LaShae Ross, was kidnapped on her way to school. Now, Thompson has a few words for Cupcake’s family.

“Don’t give up hope and keep your faith in God strong,” Thompson said from her home in Brookwood. “Don’t give up hope, just don’t and always believe ‘Okay, today could be the day.”

At her home, Thompson has a literal shrine to her Heaven, who was 11 years old when she was snatched up while walking to the school bus stop in Northport in 2003. According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, attempted abductions occur more often when a child is going to or from school or school-related activities.

[...]

OCT 21, 2019
No evidence of missing Alabama toddler found in multiple searches
[...]

Smith said this week, they have also continued to receive numerous tips from the public.

“Some of them are really credible tips and actionable items. And then there are some that we have to go through to weigh against other evidence to make a determination if they are actually valid,” said Smith.

In addition, community members were fanning out and searching as well on Thursday. One woman said she is a neighbor of Cupcake and her family. Her children often play with the 3-year-old. She shares in the anguish of her mother.

“I felt her pain that night. I prayed that night. Because it could have been my child or anybody else’s child. And the Lord put it on my heart to tell me, we going to find your baby. We going to find your baby,” said MH.

[...]

Last edited:
OCT 21, 2019
Crime Stoppers receiving hundreds of tips on Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney case
[...]

“Since Saturday of last week, we’re approaching 400 tips,” Sgt. John Pennington of Crime Stoppers said.

McKinney’s case is far outside the norm in terms of the number of tips the group usually receives, which is usually between 50 and 60 a week. ... Pennington, who has worked with Crime Stoppers for five years, said the group is very thankful for all the information they have received so far, but what they need more of are firsthand accounts with specific details as opposed to rumors.

“An address, a tag number, anything that’s tangibly specific that can be followed up on by investigators is very helpful and that’s the kind of information that can be of value that we can forward on to investigators in the command center,” Williams said.

[...]

Pennington said every tip Crime Stoppers receives is reviewed and that, historically, these tips have made a significant difference in cases.

“Offhand, I can probably think of several dozen cases where information that came to us and was passed along to detectives helped further their investigation to the point of arresting somebody,” he said.

[...]

OCT 21, 2019
Magic City Classic won't interrupt "Cupcake" search (Video)
Birmingham Police say the search for Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney won't be affected during Magic City Classic festivities.

‘We don’t want to hear doubt’: Neighborhood President optimistic ‘Cupcake’ returns home
North Avondale Neighborhood Association President, Rev. Zachary Watkins, says there is no doubt within the Tom Brown Village community that Kamille McKinney known as ‘Cupcake’ will return home to her family after she was kidnapped at a birthday party last week. “Parents have talked with their kids about not running up to anybody,” says Watkins.

With more eyes and ears on children in the community, Watkins says he’s working hard to put the pavilion back up at The Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center where there were once neighborhood parties. Watkins says the pavilion was a safe place and has been down for two years. “All the eyes would have been on the kids if they had it at the Rec center,” says Watkins.

[...]

OCT 22, 2019
OCT 22, 2019
https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham-al/kamille-mckinney-kidnapping-tips-pouring-crime-stoppers?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=birmingham-al

[...]

Former Tuscaloosa County Sheriff Ted Sexton told WBRC this week that he thinks whoever has Kamille is likely paying close attention to the investigation.

"The facts of this will eventually come out. Those parties that were involved will be investigated and potentially prosecuted," Sexton said in a WBRC interview. "So, if anybody that we're talking to today, happens to have information about this, now is the time to resolve this. Now is the time to come forward to help yourself and others."

[...]

22 October 2019

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s family 'hurting, impatient’ as search reaches day 10

On day 10 of the search for Kamille, Tuesday’s tips and reported sightings are only a few among hundreds that have poured in. Still, there is no sign of the girl and no clear motive as to why she was taken in the first place, and where she could be after all this time.

"We’re growing more impatient,'' said Kamille’s father, 27-year-old Dominic McKinney. “We’re hurting. I don’t know what else to say.”

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s family 'hurting, impatient’ as search reaches day 10

OCT 22, 2019
[...]

“I can’t imagine that being my daughter‚” Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin said Tuesday morning. “It’s tough for Kamille’s mother, her father, it’s tough for her grandparents ... to see the look on their face, to see the hurt in their heart and see the concern, genuine concern, about where their child, where their grandchild is.”

[...]

Police said the man with the limp is a suspect in the case. They have not said whether they have identified or located him. They asked that the other man in the video come forward as a witness in the case.

[...]

Birmingham police returned to his rented Woodside Condominiums home Monday evening to carry out a search warrant of the condo, which has been padlocked by the owner. Property management said police have been there almost every day, including over the weekend when they searched apartments that are now uninhabitable following an September fire there.

[...]

During the investigation into Kamille’s abduction, investigators learned that she had tried to contact the victims in the 2018 case, which was in violation of her bond. After a hearing Monday, a judge revoked Brown’s bond in last year’s charges.

[...]

Multiple search operations have been conducted – some of which have been made public, and many others that have not. They’ve used tracking dogs, and sometimes Jefferson County’s Star 1 helicopter.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back