GUILTY AL - Katelynn Arnold, 9, found hanged in tree, Ragland, 11 May 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He might have been jealous of her. She was the baby and a precious little girl. He may have felt neglected and probably more was expected of him. Five year gap in age. He might have had rage toward his parents for leaving him. It is sad no matter what the reason.

He might have been jealous of her. She was the baby and a precious little girl. He may have felt neglected and probably more was expected of him. Five year gap in age. He might have had rage toward his parents for leaving him. It is sad no matter what the reason.

Wouldn't surprise me as the motive. Jealousy can consume a person like wildfire.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was a thrill kill. We don't know the full story yet.

Whatever happened, its a terrible tragedy.

Campbell said he never saw any real signs of trouble out of the accused boy.
"He'd run off and do crazy things, but I never believed he'd do something like that. It's a bad situation," Campbell said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...x2G-CQ?docId=e68155a953524473b055f708d5b87308

Agree with you Cappuccino. This is tragic all around but I will wait a bit for more information before screaming for this boy's head. I get the feeling something is off with this kid and I am not sure it is under his control. I do feel there should be consequences, but I am getting a possible serious mental illness vibe from this one.

I want to preface my comment by saying I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED that caused the boy to do such a thing. Now... You never know how the two children were treated in the home. The boy either has emotional and mental problems or was very resentful and hateful toward the girl. I have seen homes where one child is made to do chores but not the other. Children must be treated the same or resentment does build.

:( :heartluv: :(

This is truly heartbreaking!! RIP little Katelynn. Such a sweet little face. :please:

Hopefully, the 14-yr old half brother will undergo some psychological testing and evaluations and be represented by an attorney or someone standing up for his rights, until it can be determined if he did kill his half sister and if he can be held mentally responsible.

Does anyone know if the l4-yr old had his own bike and friends??

:rose:

That poor little girl, my heart just breaks for her. She must have suffered both fear and pain. Why did this happen? Where are the parents? Why was she fostered?

Very sad. I wish we had answers to your questions as well as information about the 14-yr old brother/suspect and his childhood. According to the quote below from grandfather, there was also another sister. Where is she?

The following link is an interview with the grandfather of 9-yr old Katelyn Arnold:

http://www.waff.com/story/18369885/...-arnold-speaks-about-his-granddaughters-death

He also brings out a few photographs. One is a Christmas portrait of Katelynn, her mother, sister and brother. It is that brother that St. Clair County investigators say is responsible for the third grader's death. Arnold has a hard time believing that.

"Being a murderer. No, he's too loving. Loved to have fun and him and Katelynn got along good. So why would he do that?" Arnold said.

Investigators say the 14-year-old told them he meant to kill the girl. But Arnold worries his grandson did not have proper representation when making that statement to law enforcement.

"I think it was accidental," he said. "I've never seen him angry or aggressive or nothing like that."

The kids were living with an aunt and uncle in Ragland and Arnold says that had been the case for about four years as their biological mother worked through some issues.

Riiiight! Could the issues be abandonment or prison??

IF and I SAY IF big time here. (that area is KNOWN for drugs and that age 14 is about right for getting into it) I dont know if he was on them couldnt tell ya. No telling what kind of life they had. WE KNOW it wasn't normal because they were in Foster care. There is no telling what either of them have been through. My little girl is 8 she is a trusting sweet child. She would think nothing of walking up to her 14 year old cousin and doing anything he told her. I already am laying the ground works on what is right and wrong NO MATTER WHOOOOOO says it. Cousin aunt uncle daddy mama teacher friend. This world is NOT THE SAME WORLD we grew up in. DRUGS are rampant. The economy is bad and people are desperate. It is sad they are taking aggression out on such innocent people. I PRAY justice is done BEFORE another child can be harmed. Hold your precious ones close. Educate them. Pray for them. I know this mama right here would be after that boy THEY WOULD HAVEEE to hold him in a jail cell to keep him safe from me.

So her brother did this and provided a reason ... why isn't that reason being released? Was his life more difficult because of his sister? What was going on in his home? Was he placed there by the state or the parents?

I sure hope that Alabama isn't thinking about moving this child to adult court so the death penalty applies ...

:heartbeat: :rose: :rose: :heartbeat:

Obituary Notice for Katelyn Arnold, Ragland, AL, May 14. 2012.
Mother, a sister, and her brother are listed among survivors.

http://www.usreyfuneralhome.com/?u=http://www.usreyfuneralhome.com/visitations/View.php?id=575

Remarks shown below are considered a rumor as they were taken from the Comments section of this news link.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/05/ragland_principal_recalls_9-ye.html

Comment posted May 16, 2012 at 1:33PM

Commentor says he knows the father of this child who is accused of the crime. He is in prison. Says he took the son to visit his father in prison about 7 yrs ago. Commentor says he thought then that he was an angry child. He says we don't always know the background when we see something this horrifying happen. Commentor says that this child was jerked from pillar to post that "D" had no stability in his life and he feels his father and mother are the truly guilty ones. He feels that the boy has no chance for a good life and will be a danger to society if he is freed.

I'm wondering if there are any recent updates on Kaetlynn's half-brothers prosecution? I have been Googling this case for several hours, but the latest news I seem to be able to find is this article: http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/10/authorities_awaiting_mental_te.html

I'm not finding any information regarding whether the half-brother was moved to adult court, or not. There just seems to be a media void after this Oct 3, 2012 District Attorney's statement.

If there's a media void, that would strongly suggest to me that he was left in the juvenile system.

Mine too Lovejac because I grew up near Ragland and visited relatives there. Ragland is a dumpy little country town and many of the folks are uneducated. I can't really explain the mindset of some of those Bama folks here at WS. Let's just say some folks values and beliefs are extreme. JMO from some conversations I heard from my own relatives and DV I witnessed while growing up.

I am glad the young man will be tried as an adult.

RIP Sweet Katelynn. Fly with the Angels!

moo

wm

It makes me really angry when i see Alabamians judged like this. There are people like this in all 50 states. Being from Alabama is NOT the reason they are trash!:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523
Back