GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The court site doesn't really say "what" this court date is about - but I highly doubt it will be the trial. We shall see.

Setting Date: Monday November 16, 2020
Judge WILLIAM H. BOSTICK, III

Case Number Time Name
III58-CC-2018-000135.00 10:00AM WEST, WILLIAM JEFFERY

link: AlacourtACCESS

The court site doesn't really say "what" this court date is about - but I highly doubt it will be the trial. We shall see.

Setting Date: Monday November 16, 2020
Judge WILLIAM H. BOSTICK, III

Case Number Time Name
III58-CC-2018-000135.00 10:00AM WEST, WILLIAM JEFFERY

link: AlacourtACCESS

Thanks, Niner. Maybe it is for the trial? It's the date they scheduled last month, right? The article linked above said it was rescheduled from October because there was a witness who was not available then. Just guessing, but maybe the husband got sick with COVID 19 in jail.

I've got this on my calendar, so hopefully it will happen.

Thanks, Niner. Maybe it is for the trial? It's the date they scheduled last month, right? The article linked above said it was rescheduled from October because there was a witness who was not available then. Just guessing, but maybe the husband got sick with COVID 19 in jail.

I've got this on my calendar, so hopefully it will happen.

You are correct! It was rescheduled from October. So I'll call it trial on Monday. :)

Thank you @Subiechik21 for that info! And since you are local - hopefully you can tell us "what" is going on - as I'll probably be asleep when this streams... 8 hours ahead of Central time.

Yes, agree, that would be great!

The more I think about Kat West's death, the location where she was found, the way she was dressed and her cell phone indicate she was escaping a dangerous situation while trying to call for help. No woman runs into the street, nude from the waist down, unless its an emergency. A second, less likely, possibility is that she was moved to the street while unconscious or deceased by someone who wanted to humiliate her.

I'll shorten this up a bit...

Monday, November 16th:

*Trial set to begin with Jury Selection (@ 10am CT) – AL – Kathleen Dawn “Kat” West (42) (Jan. 12, 2018, Calera) – *William Jeffrey West (44/now 46) (husband) arrested (2/22/18), indicted (3/7/18) & arraigned (4/9/18) with murder. Held on $500K bond. Plead not guilty. Bond reduction denied.
Trial was set to begin on 10/19/20 has been continued 11/16/20.
8/23/18 Update: Next hearing on 8/27. 8/27/18 Update: Jeff West attorney, John Robbins said there is still more discovery between prosecutors & himself which needed to take place before a trial date could be set. A new status hearing was scheduled for 12/3/18. 12/3/18 Update: Next hearing on 3/4/19.
8/12/20 Update: Shelby County Circuit Judge William Bostick this week set the Sept. 14, trial date with a backup date of Oct. 19. A pretrial conference is scheduled for Aug. 26. Once a jury has been selected, trial will resume in the actual courthouse where there will be a socially-distanced juror seating area to be used exclusively by the jury. The court, in an effort to provide public access, will live-stream all public proceedings to other rooms outside of the actual courtroom.
8/26/20 Update: Defense attorney John Robbins on Thursday requested the trial be moved from Sept. 14 until Oct. 19, which had already been designated as a backup date. Robbins only stated in his request that “the interests of justice will best be served” by continuing the case. Shelby County Circuit Judge William Bostick granted the request. According to a previous order by Bostick, the Shelby County Commission has designated the Shelby County Arts Center at Old Mill Square in Columbiana as a courthouse annex that will afford ample social distance for all individuals involved in the jury selection process during this COVID-19 pandemic. The Grande Hall is 10,000 square feet. Once a jury has been selected, Bostick wrote, trial will resume in the actual courthouse where there will be a socially-distanced juror seating area to be used exclusively by the jury. The court, in an effort to provide public access, will live-stream all public proceedings to other rooms outside of the actual courtroom.
10/6/20 Update: The trial was initially continued from Sept. 14 until Oct. 19, which had already been designated as a backup date, at the request of the defense. Shelby County Assistant District Attorney Daniel McBrayer filed the motion for the new continuance, stating that an essential witness for the state is unavailable the week of Oct. 19. Shelby County Circuit Judge William Bostick on Tuesday granted the request & set a new trial date for Nov. 16. 11/13/20 Update: State authorities said Friday they will enter new information as evidence in the case (text message arguments between Kathleen & husband). Jury selection will begin Monday, 11/16/20, with opening statements slated for Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back