GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I love 48 hours, but I actually hate it when the story is told in a slanted view. People who didn't follow the case and trial may believe the slant, but I still believe the prosecution got this one right. I don't know why he snapped that night, but I believe this wasn't the first time DV existed - and it only takes once to kill.

I haven't been able to find a more recent update. I don't know if the judge granted a new trial or not.

Updated: Mar 9, 2021

"Citing “insufficient evidence” that was used against him, a former police officer who was convicted of manslaughter in his wife’s death is seeking a new trial.

Jeff West, 47, was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2018 death of his wife, Kathleen “Kat” West, and sentenced to 16 years in prison in February.

Attorney for Kat West’s husband: ‘We will be looking into his wife’s double life’
The request, filed by attorney John Robbins, claimed the evidence produced during West’s trial was “insufficient to support the verdict” and “insufficient to support a finding beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty of the defendant’s guilt."

I haven't been able to find a more recent update. I don't know if the judge granted a new trial or not.

Updated: Mar 9, 2021

"Citing “insufficient evidence” that was used against him, a former police officer who was convicted of manslaughter in his wife’s death is seeking a new trial.

Jeff West, 47, was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2018 death of his wife, Kathleen “Kat” West, and sentenced to 16 years in prison in February.

Attorney for Kat West’s husband: ‘We will be looking into his wife’s double life’
The request, filed by attorney John Robbins, claimed the evidence produced during West’s trial was “insufficient to support the verdict” and “insufficient to support a finding beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty of the defendant’s guilt."
I found this article, appeal denied, dated January 2022.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back