AL AL - Kimberly Whitton, 36, & Haleigh Culwell, 11, Section, 21 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haleigh Breann Culwell, 11, and her mother, Kimberly Whitton, were last seen on June 21, 2007. They lived in a log cabin on a 40-acre property in north Alabama. The driveway leading up to the residence had two locked gates and as a result, the cabin can only be reached on foot. The day she went missing, Whitton went to work at Cloverdale Manor Nursing Home in Scottsboro to pick up some papers. She called a friend on the way back home to the town of Section, but they were unable to talk because the connection was bad. Whitton promised to call her friend back in five minutes. She never did. Her coworkers reported her missing on June 28, a week after she was last seen. Authorities interviewed her husband, Barry Van Whitton, who is Haleigh’s stepfather. He said his wife and stepdaughter left their home in a white Ford van or truck with Alabama license plates shortly after Kimberly arrived home from work. He said he gave his wife $20,000 in cash, and he never saw them after that. He stated they may have gone to Montana. They have never been heard from again. In 2015, Barry Van Whitton was convicted in the murder of his first wife, Michelle Townson Whitton, who had disappeared in 1997. She was found in a shallow grave about six weeks later. It was later determined she had been beaten to death. Her husband was suspected but never indicted until December 2014. He was serving a 10-year sentence in federal prison for weapons violations when the murder charge came through. During the trial, the jury and Judge John Graham heard testimony from investigators, relatives, acquaintances, and Whitton’s former cellmate. He was sentenced to life in prison and is suspected – though never charged – in the disappearance of his second wife and stepdaughter.

Gone without a trace? Misery, mystery linger in these Alabama missing child cases

MDNPFRMEVRB4JMGBDVJYZDPM4Q.JPG

Does anyone know the biological father or paternal family of Haleigh? I can’t seem to find it. I’m fairly sure I’m related to her and Id like to verify.

Still MIssing

JAN 28, 2023

Missing: Haleigh Culwell (AL)

Haleigh Culwell, Age Now: 27, Missing: 06/21/2007. Missing From SECTION, AL. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Alabama Attorney General's Office Cold Case Unit -Toll Free Tip Line 1-866-419-1236 Or email ColdCaseTips@ago.state.al.us.

I think we all know who made this girl and mother "disappear".. moo
May they rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en