GUILTY AL - Lauren Burk, 18, Auburn student, abducted & murdered, 4 March 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be really interesting to know if these two girls were connected in any way to one another. Did they know, or know of, each other? Have any friends/enemies in common? Ever take part in any activity at the same time where they might not have met but made a connection through another person they were not aware of?

That is where my Facebook theory is coming from.

That is where my Facebook theory is coming from.

It's too coincidental, the circumstances surrounding both murders, for them not to be connected in any way. Lauren's killer would have had plenty of time to drive to NC and kill Eve.

It's too coincidental, the circumstances surrounding both murders, for them not to be connected in any way. Lauren's killer would have had plenty of time to drive to NC and kill Eve.

That is how I feel about this also english, this whole thing is too coincidental.

I think it's possibly a spree killer, like Andrew Cunanan in 1997. Someone is getting their jollies going to college towns and killing one beautiful girl per night. I wouldn't be surprised if something else happens tonight, though I pray not.

I hope not, too. After all the publicity, surely not. I watched Nancy Grace tonight...not too much detail. I find it odd that the poor girl from AU was partially clothed, while the UNC girl was fully clothed. I just keep wondering who made the first 911 call to the Auburn police... both my husband and I agreed it was strange that no one stopped to help a girl in obvious trouble.

Glad the FBI is involved...hopefully more answers soon.

I think it's possibly a spree killer, like Andrew Cunanan in 1997. Someone is getting their jollies going to college towns and killing one beautiful girl per night. I wouldn't be surprised if something else happens tonight, though I pray not.

:eek: Oh my goodness, I pray not too.
As one of many parents who have a daughter in college in the USA, this is keeping me up tonight.!!

Thoughts of comfort to all family, friends and the communities involved.

I too hope a serial killer is not the case but it just seems like it is too big a coincidence. This is completely frightening.

Reminds me of Ted Bundy. He took girls from colleges several times. I hope it turns out to be someone they knew. Then it won't involve any more girls most likely. A stranger attacking our young women randomly is so frightening.

ETA: Just watching Greta and they are saying an arrest may be near. I know it will put a lot of minds at rest if this happens.

I heard that too, Annie. Did you get the impression from Greta and the reporter that it's going to be her boyfriend? Or at least someone she knew, which I took to be the last person she was known to be with....

What is wrong with people?! :(

Police in Auburn, Ala., said Thursday afternoon they are pursuing promising leads as they try to identify who killed 18-year-old Auburn University freshman Lauren A. Burk of Marietta on Tuesday night near campus.
Local reporters told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren Thursday evening that authorities are said to be close to an arrest, though no suspects have been named. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335803,00.html

I don't think these crimes are related. I think Lauren was murdered by someone she knew, either over a love triangle, drugs, something to that effect, and that Eve was killed by a stranger in a robbery/carjacking.

OK, so how far awa is Phenix City from Auburn...sounds like he must have had something of hers on him.

OK, so how far awa is Phenix City from Auburn...sounds like he must have had something of hers on him.

About 34 miles according to mapquest. I was just in the area and it is pretty close. He must have something but I bet they were tailing him as well. Her family heard about it from media reports so I imagine they will wait and tell the family before the media who it is.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15523787/detail.html

A man is under arrest in Phenix City, Al. following a high speed chase Friday. He was wanted on a robbery arrest warrant out of Columbus, Ga. A Phenix City investigator tells Channel 2 they found some kind of evidence on him that somehow links this man to the murder of Auburn student Lauren Burk. Stay tuned to WSBTV.com for more breaking news in the case.

Why isn't any national media or NG mentioning the arrest of the guy involved in the car chase today in Phoenix City??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582
Back