GUILTY AL - Marka "Willoe" Watkins, 20, found deceased, Bessemer/McCalla, 17 Jun 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the link:

Devon Trent Hall, 27, is charged with murder and abuse of a corpse, according to Tuscaloosa County Jail records. Hall has been held in the Jefferson County Jail since July 19 on drug charges. Tuscaloosa County authorities obtained the felony charges against him Monday and are awaiting his extradition. Watkins body was discovered early Monday about 30 feet down in an abandoned well. It took investigators more than 12 hours to excavate the well and recover her body.

Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit Lt. Jack Kennedy said it was a brutal scene. While he and other lawmen are no strangers to discarded homicide victims, he said most are done in moments of panic without forethought and planning. That wasn’t the case with Watkins.

"Her body was not discarded in a hasty fashion,'' Kennedy said. “It took planning and it took more than person.”

Authorities have not yet released a motive in Watkins’ slaying, nor have they said how she was killed. Already charged in Watkins’ death are Kendal Tyler Battles, 29, and Joseph Brandon Nevels, 20. They, too, are charged with murder and abuse of corpse. The investigation is ongoing, and more arrests are possible.

Also from that link. If I didn't know better, I think the writer of the article, told us who the woman is that wasn't charged.

According to court records, deputies were called to the scene where Watkins’ body was found. Investigators were told the three men and a woman - who has not been charged in connection to the murder - beat Watkins to death, threw her in a well and poured cement on top of her body.

After detaining Battles and the woman at his mother’s house, which is a short distance from the well, investigators talked with Nevels.

“(Nevels) stated Watkins stole his cell phone,” the documents state. “Nevels got upset and hit her in the head with a shotgun.”

Nevels, Battles, Hall and the woman then beat Watkins with their hands, feet and a baseball bat, Nevels told investigators, according to the report.

“Nevels stated Hall strangled her to death with a cord," the documents state.

Battles was arrested earlier this month on a charge of third-degree domestic violence after authorities say he pushed his wife head first into a dresser. That alleged incident happened at the couple’s Tanya Drive home in Tuscaloosa county.

It was at that same home, authorities believe, that Watkins was killed shortly after her disappearance in mid-June.​

I’m so sick about this. Her mother was beaten to death and her father was hit over the head with a bottle by his wife. He went to the hospital and was sent home and died shortly after. Willoe was there when he died. One of those suspects has been singing like a canary. We will know the whole truth about what happened very soon. Thank you all for keeping this thread going while we wait.

I’m so sick about this. Her mother was beaten to death and her father was hit over the head with a bottle by his wife. He went to the hospital and was sent home and died shortly after. Willoe was there when he died. One of those suspects has been singing like a canary. We will know the whole truth about what happened very soon. Thank you all for keeping this thread going while we wait.

Oh my god , Mother, Father and Willoe ALL Hit in the head and beaten at different times this is unreal, MrsWhatley Ive had 4 Family members burned to death(Arson) but it was at the same time I cant wrap my head around this , That poor beautiful girl seems she was destined to have this happen like some sick joke from the universe, I'm so sorry , I just don't know what to say this is horrific.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back