AL - Mass shooting at teen’s birthday party, 20 + shot, 4 + dead, Dadeville, 14 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tallapoosa County District Attorney Mike Segrest said the pair — Ty Reik McCullough, 17, and Travis McCullough, 16, both of Tuskegee — would be tried as adults. That's automatically required in Alabama for anyone 16 or older charged with murder.

Sgt. Jeremy J. Burkett of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency wouldn't say where the two are being jailed, or whether they were already in custody when they were charged late Tuesday.

"We can't get into a motive right now, because that would be part of an ongoing investigation," Burkett added. "We can't share that."

Authorities did not specify if they're related. Segrest said prosecutors would ask a judge to hold them without bail. A bond hearing must be held by Friday under Alabama law. Online court records do not show any previous adult charges in state court for either of the arrested teens.

Do you think it’s possible one or both brothers felt slighted because they weren’t invited?
I’d like to think people wouldn’t go around shooting and killing people over not getting invited to a rather small party, but who knows these days. Tuskegee is more than 45 minutes from Dadeville too.

I actually think this wasn’t a complete surprise to some of the party-goers. There was some kind of problem/disagreement and it was expected to be “taken care of” at the party. It got out of hand, innocent people got shot, maybe there were other attendees with guns. MOO.

Didn’t the 23 year old victim say he attended the party because he knew trouble was brewing?

There's no way only 2 people with hand guns shot 36 people. Most handguns hold up to 10 rounds. That would mean they both had to drop a clip and reload at least once and that's if they didn't miss any, seeing bullet holes in windows makes me think otherwise.

There must be so much collateral damage. Do you charge an innocent party goer shooting in defense with more than illegal possession of guns? What would a possible charge be listed as? And then you have possibility of guns found that are registered to parents. I figure by the time it’s all said and done, there’s gonna be enough charges to others, it will destroy even more lives.

There's no way only 2 people with hand guns shot 36 people. Most handguns hold up to 10 rounds. That would mean they both had to drop a clip and reload at least once and that's if they didn't miss any, seeing bullet holes in windows makes me think otherwise.
Who has said 36 people were shot? So far we know 4 were shot.

The suspects are brothers, according to Lawrence O’Neal, the head football coach at Tuskegee’s Booker T. Washington High School. O’Neal said Ty Reik McCullough, a junior, played for the Golden Eagles as a running back/slot wide receiver.

Cara Johns and Trinity Richards, two longtime friends who were cheerleaders together at Pike Road High School, were both critically injured.

Amy Traff, whose daughters have cheered with both girls at Pike Road, said there’s been an outpouring of support for the girls and their families.

“People are praying,’’ Traff said. “They’re on their knees praying for a miracle that we know can happen.”
Dadeville Victims Trinity Richards and Cara Johns

Trinity Richards and Cara Johns sustained critical injuries when gunfire erupted April 15, 2023, at a birthday party in Dadeville.

Taniya Cox attended a Sunday prayer vigil in a hospital gown with her right arm in a cast and told The Montgomery Advertiser she was shot twice in her right arm.

“I ran in front of a bullet and got shot. I didn’t know what was going on I just saw blood coming out of my arm,” she said.

Heidi Smith, of Ivy Creek Healthcare, spoke Monday from Lake Martin Community Hospital, where 15 teens were brought in Saturday night with gunshot wounds.

32 have been confirmed as injured and 4 deceased.

Yup.

And since there were theories claiming many or most would be trampling injuries and not all GSWs, just from victims at one hospital alone - and we know they weren't all taken there and many were moved b/c they were overwhelmed that night - nearly half of those 32 are also confirmed to also be GSW victims, and IMO we'll likely hear others are also.

Heidi Smith, of Ivy Creek Healthcare, spoke Monday from Lake Martin Community Hospital, where 15 teens were brought in Saturday night with gunshot wounds.
Of the 15 patients taken to Lake Martin Community Hospital, six were treated and released. Nine others were transferred to other hospitals – five of those in critical condition and four in stable condition.

I don’t know. There’s been rumors all over social media such as retaliation, the kkk, dissing someone, gangs, racists, and the list goes on. I think LE probably has a good idea of what the motive was at this point based on witness interviews, but were there people shooting in self defense who also may have hit bystanders? According to reports, the room was very dark. Many of those hit probably don’t even know who shot them or why.
The motive will only come out if one of the shooters talk or one of the intended victims say why. MOO
ETA From what has been reported, some attendees knew trouble was brewing before the shooting began.
I'm wondering what was said on social media that triggered this shooting. The two brothers arrested live in a town 30 miles away from the shooting.

I think they were there to settle a score with an attendee. Even if they didn't have beef with all the attendees, they didn't mind shooting up the party and leaving collateral damage in the form of other victims. JMO we are going to be stunned when we find out just how minor the trigger for this crime was.

As to all the shots fired and injured, I am in agreement with other members who postulate that these two in custody are not the only people who were shooting. I suspect that party goers returned fire and who knows exactly how many injuries can be attributed to that return fire.

The suspects will have an Aniah’s Law bond hearing within 72 hours, Segrest said. The case could then go to a grand jury.

Prosecutors will be requesting they be held without bond.

Segrest said there is a possibility he will recall a grand jury that was empaneled in March, which is unprecedented, to hear the case for indictment consideration.

”This is a very complex case,’’ he said.

”When I tell you this is just the tip of the iceburg…we’re going to make sure everyone of those victims has justice and not just the deceased,’’ Segrest said.

At approximately 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 19, Special Agents with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s (ALEA) State Bureau of Investigation (SBI), made a third arrest in connection to the Tallapoosa County death investigation in Dadeville. Wilson LaMar Hill Jr., 20, of Auburn, was arrested and formally charged with four counts of Reckless Murder.
Dadeville shooting arrest mugs

Wilson Lamar Hill Jr. and Tyreese Ty Reik McCullough

On Tuesday, April 18, at approximately 8 p.m., Special Agents arrested Tyreese "Ty Reik" McCullough, 17, of Tuskegee and Travis McCullough, 16, also of Tuskegee. Both of these individuals were formally charged with four counts of Reckless Murder, as well.

Injuries to 36 People. By Two w Handguns?
@Intexas
AfAIK, LE has not stated that all 36 of the injured ppl were shot but even if all suffered GSW, imo, it's POSSIBLE that two shooters w handguns inflicted all those injuries.

Likely? IDK. Possibilities.
1. Shooters could drop their 10 rd. clips & RELOAD.
2. Shooters' guns may have HIGH CAPCITY magazines, often defined as those holding ten+ rounds. (See some ex's in sporting goods website*).
Alabama state law does not restrict high capacity magazines, per
Gun laws in Alabama - Wikipedia .
3. One or both of the two shooters may have MULTIPLE GUNS.
4. One round can injure MULTIPLE PPL. Bullet may travel thru an arm, leg, or even torso and still maintain sufficient force to cause injury to others.
5. Conceivably some ppl suffered only SUPERFICIAL or "flesh wounds." Btw, in saying "only" here, not trying to diminish their injuries, either physical or emotional. Just saying, some may not have suffered life-threatening injuries.

(ETA. IOW, imo, possible that two shooters injured 36 w GSW)
But also possible that there were more than two shooters.

Last edited:
Not to mention we've already seen a couple reports of single victims having multiple gunshot wounds (the mom, the girl at the vigil shot twice in the arm)

(Sorry, my quote feature is being glitchy)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back