AL AL - Melinda Wall McGhee, 31, Atmore, 24 March 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's exactly where I supposed her house was. Zooming out on the map, one can see exactly how much undeveloped woodlands there are in the area and how impossible of a task it would be to search it all.

There are lots of McGhee's in the area and, to my knowledge, most are tied to the Poarch Creek Indians in some manner. I don't know if he is on the tribal role or not.

It is interesting that Melinda went missing two weeks to the day after DTL's last victim was kidnapped out of her home 2 hours away and a week after she was found. She was the 5th I think within 12-14 months. The description of Melinda's scene almost identical in some of the other cases, same victimology as well. It was all over the news.

But I feel the only way he might be related is if someone was trying to use him as a smokescreen. Where her house set, It had to be someone comfortable enough to be there at that time, and someone familiar with her routine.

Thirteen years today...you are missed and not forgotten, Melinda. May this be the year that you are found.

Fourteen years have passed and still you are missing...but not forgotten. Praying this is the year you are found.

Cold Case Murder Of Young Nurse Haunts Local Family
Escambia County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy, Mike Lambert, says they refuse to let the McGhee case become cold, even though it happened fourteen years ago. “This case has been called a cold case, but in our minds, it is not, simply because we have not allowed it to be a cold case. This is still an active investigation.” The Sheriff’s Department brought in Special Investigator, Tommy Calhoun, to be devoted to this case. He insists that even today, there are suspects. “There are suspects. Today they call them persons of interest, but we definitely have people we have not been able to eliminate being involved.” Calhoun and Lambert say they have interviewed over 100 people through the years, and have even gone as far as to drain a swamp looking for her body.

http://www.northescambia.com/2012/07/authorities-search-septic-tank-for-missing-woman’s-body

Authorities Search Septic Tank For Body Of Woman Missing For 9 Years

Alabama authorities continued their search Wednesday for Melinda Wall McGhee, an Atmore area woman that has been missing for over nine years.

The Escambia County (Ala.) Sheriff’s Department used cadaver dogs to search a septic tank on Ewing Farm Road about five miles northwest of Atmore and just a short distance from the Kent Road home at which McGhee was last seen in 2003.

“We searched at an old home place that we had never searched before after getting a tip,” Escambia County (Ala.) Chief Deputy Mike Lambert said.

After pumping the septic tank, Lambert said nothing suspicious was found.
My first thought was that it was someone that not only knew when her work shift ended, but also that her kids were at the sitters, her stepson was at the dentist and her husband was still at work.
I thought so too, someone she worked with, or a regular visitor at the nursing home where she worked, someone who would come in the evening when she was on shift and stayed late, maybe someone that she spoke to for few minutes each evening when she took their loved one medication. I’m familiar with that nursing home, and I’ve worked in facilities like it many times, so I know that you can become friendly with family members and tell them things that you would normally tell a stranger, Especially an older person perhaps old enough to be your parent, who you trust. You might tell them “ no I don’t have any plans tomorrow morning I’m going straight to sleep, my stepson will be at the dentist.“

Bumping for Melinda - we've now passed the 20th anniversary with no further answers.

Sept 24, 2003

Melinda McGhee
Melinda McGhee
Melinda McGhee
Melinda McGhee

McGhee was a nursing student close to graduating and had been working as a licensed practical nurse at prisons in the area as well as at a nursing home in Bay Minette.

Any thoughts on her being this doe from Florida? Unfortunately it seems, due to the blood at the scene, that she may not have lived much longer past her abduction, but in the case that she was alive for at least 9 more months...

1723342020639.png

• melinda_wall_mcghee_2.jpg
    melinda_wall_mcghee_3.jpg
    melinda_wall_mcghee_4.jpg
    melinda_wall_mcghee_7.jpg
    melinda_wall_mcghee_8.jpg
Melinda, circa 2003; Derrick Todd Lee; Jeremy Jones
  • Missing Since 03/24/2003
  • Missing From Atmore, Alabama
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/03/1971 (53)
  • Age 31 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain
Back