Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I’m sure it was abuse that caused the eye issue too. It was just why I noted the eye to start with. My daughter is close to this age. Reading the description of her behavior in the Bible school is heartbreaking. I think the only answers we get will either come from a sibling much much later or through a familial DNA match.

This area is poor. Very very very poor. 5000 grand is like 50K. If anyone knew her they would have given it up for the money a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that they used something to make the images more identifiable

Those sharper images are awful. The first eye looks like a zombie out of the walking dead and the second looks like something my very unskilled self could do.

That's because her eye had been injured from abuse. These are actual photos of the girl, not reconstructions.

"Forensic testing revealed baby Jane Doe suffered long-term physical abuse at the hands of her killer, leaving her left eye blind and scarred until she was ultimately murdered between 2010 and 2012 when she was three to seven years old."

Opelika investigators hope sharper images turn focus on “Baby Jane Doe” killer

attachment.php

We will be doing a FB LIVE very soon with Opelika investigators. PLEASE SHARE and help police get justice for this little girl.

Opelika Police continue to pursue leads in the “Jane Doe” case first reported in January of 2012. Recently we released new composite photographs of Jane Doe that we compiled in cooperation with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the Lee County Coroner’s Office. The composites were released in hopes of someone possibly recognizing her and assisting us in being able to identify her. Through that process we received several tips, one of which was very promising and lead to us obtaining the attached photographs. We believe the young girl in these photographs is Jane Doe, however, we are not positive she is. The photographs were taken during a Vacation Bible School at Greater Peace Church in 2011. All attempts to identify her through church and school records have failed. We are asking for the public’s help in identifying who this young girl is. She would have been about 4-5 years old in these pictures (in 2011). The young girl also had a visible deformity of some type with her left eye. She may have been blind in that eye. The deformity may have been natural or caused by an accident or abuse. It is believed she had a slightly unkempt appearance and was not very clean. She was quiet and stayed to herself, not interacting with other children very much. She had trouble communicating on the same level as the other children.

Anyone who recognizes this young girl is asked to contact the Opelika Police Department Investigative Services Division at (334)705-5220, the Secret Witness Hotline at (334)745-8665, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Call Center at 1-800-THE-LOST(843-5678).

Elizabeth White

View the FB Live
Here are the original photos, which are quite blurry.

Police in Alabama have released enhanced photos of an unidentified girl whose possible skeletal remains were discovered in 2012.

WRBL reports that the photos of the unknown girl were taken around 2011 at Opelika’s Greater Peace Baptist Church Vacation Bible School. Police believe she is Baby Jane Doe, a girl whose skull was discovered behind a mobile home in Opelika in 2012.

Forensic evidence suggests Baby Jane Doe suffered long-term abuse which left her blind in one eye and scarred until her death sometime between 2010 and 2012. The enhanced photos released this week appear to show the unidentified girl with one disfigured eye.

Baby Jane Doe was between 4 to 7 years old when she died. She had medium-length black hair which was styled in tight curls. While evidence indicates the girl was malnourished, police said her weight, height, and eye color were undetermined.

Do you know her? Enhanced photos show unidentified girl whose possible remains were found in 2012

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.26.31.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.26.31.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 60
The child photographed -- I understand that these were not taken with the idea of identifying the person, not portrait-type or even school picture-type.

Are the child's eyes atypical?

JMHO YMMV

The child photographed -- I understand that these were not taken with the idea of identifying the person, not portrait-type or even school picture-type.

Are the child's eyes atypical?

JMHO YMMV

yes, she was blind/scarred in one eye. i am not sure if that is what it looked like realistically, as that eye looks photoshopped or edited on, to me. but she did have one scarred eye.

yes, she was blind/scarred in one eye. i am not sure if that is what it looked like realistically, as that eye looks photoshopped or edited on, to me. but she did have one scarred eye.

I think it's authentic. It looks pretty similar to my brother's eye after it was damaged. (He eventually had to have it removed.)

No, not a pretty sight. That poor girl.

Today, I hade the opportunity to meet Alexis Meniefield, the young woman that has been sleuthing the Opelika Jane Doe case from its beginning. She’s also a local figure that has done great for her community. She’s got a great relationship with the Opelika PD and has been an advocate for this young girl who was found literally 100 feet from where this photo of us and my mom are standing.

The guy who took this photo of us was Detective Sergeant Alfred White of the Opelika Police Department, who is also the sole detective working this case! The trip to Opelika today was a success, and I’m looking forward to releasing the podcast on this case soon! She deserves justice!

upload_2020-6-2_2-11-19.jpeg

wouldn't you expect someone from a pediatrician's office, or emergency room, would recognize her?

JMHO YMMV

I wouldn’t. My 6yo has been to the doctor no more than a handful of times in is life. We move a lot so he has lived in 3 different cities - not much opportunity for repeat visits. And he’s not abused. Abusive parents would have gone to great lengths to avoid taking this little girl for any kind of care, I believe.

I gather that the people at the Bible school did recognize her, they just didn't have information to lead to a responsible party. So if we keep publicizing her, somebody else who knew her will see her eventually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back