Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paighton's family member said it didn't sound like her. And I posted way back, it sounds younger to me. Only my youngest uses that abbreviation. I'm sure it varies greatly across the world. Idk is abbreviated, yet please isn't, and the full sentence and wording doesn't work
Yes, and did PH use capital letter abbreviations? Everyone has there own texting manner.
Her family said "it didn't sound like her." In the Patrick Frazer thread Kelsey Mom said the last text that came from the phone were not how her daughter texted. She was right.
I think we are going to find the same here.

Everyone here is focusing on ph so called friend/s. I'm focusing on dna from the fabric she was wrapped in. If a bedsheet, whose? Wrapped up and transported to eventual grave, when?

I haven't focused on what she was wrapped in--blanket or sheet or unidentified fabric, reports vary--but I am way interested in when she was buried.

Certainly possible, but honestly not likely in our day.
We live in the age of social media "notice me!!" where folks will do just about anything to get their name out there.
It's mostly old fogies (like me) who would decline an interview.
Unless the staff, friends and others who have been questioned by LE -- whether the results were "I never saw her," or "Oh, yes I remember her!" -- were told to keep quiet by LE.

I assume, I mean I hope, that many of them have already been questioned.

Again I am new to this case but from everything I've read in my crash course this afternoon, no one else has ever even reported seeing her at the bar, much less leaving it.

Curious.

But nobody reported NOT seeing her at the bar either, right? I guess what I’m saying is that not only do people not always see or notice things, but everything is not made public information. Just because nobody has said this publicly, it doesn’t mean it’s not the case.

Again I have no opinion either way about anything, and I’m still catching up, but absence of confirmation is not necessary confirmation that she wasn’t there. Hope that makes sense.

Alright, no more from me til I read more. Thanks everyone for the discussion; I think there is a good group in here. We’ve sure all seen a lot.

—-

There’s a case I keep thinking about that I saw the other day on Dateline, that involved bar footage. It wasn’t until the footage was reviewed by an independent party that this person noticed something that other investigators had not. Going off on a tangent now...off to read.

Last edited:
I’m trying to catch up I swear. Is the friend male or female? I’m assuming female for some reason.

I hate to speculate but IF and I mean a BIG IF the coworker is involved, I can pull some references from other cases involving female co-workers, but at this point it would be premature, off topic, and possibly not nice to even mention. Again, I’m walking on eggshells after Heidi Broussard but I can feel my speculative old self slowly coming back, but with much caution.

Another question, where did she work? What is her occupation? Sorry for rehash.
Yes, co-worker was a female. Co-workerS plural has also been referenced but nothing in MSM to specify how many.

She worked for some kind of a transportation company (admin, account management). She has a Linked in account but I do not think the last place of employment listed is current. It hasn't been named in MSM so I'm hesitant to name it.

If she were at the bar and they saw her on camera, it seems that they would have released an image?

I saw requests for anyone who was there that night to look through their own videos/ photos and share anything with LE. We don't know if anyone came forward but presumably nothing that they felt they needed to release to the public for help. MOO

Yeah. In most cases LE releases the last surveillance video of the victim hoping it will jog someone's memory. This was done in Hannah Graham's case, IIRC and I may well not.

Nothing. No video, no stills, nothing showing her in that bar.

I have questions.

Yeah. In most cases LE releases the last surveillance video of the victim hoping it will jog someone's memory. This was done in Hannah Graham's case, IIRC and I may well not.

Nothing. No video, no stills, nothing showing her in that bar.

I have questions.

This is a very good point and I meant to mention this earlier re: Hannah Graham. I would add this point as a strong counter against what I just rambled on about re: the “absence of confirmation....”

I’m trying to catch up I swear. Is the friend male or female? I’m assuming female for some reason.

I hate to speculate but IF and I mean a BIG IF the coworker is involved, I can pull some references from other cases involving female co-workers, but at this point it would be premature, off topic, and possibly not nice to even mention. Again, I’m walking on eggshells after Heidi Broussard but I can feel my speculative old self slowly coming back, but with much caution.

Another question, where did she work? What is her occupation? Sorry for rehash.
From all media reports, the co-worker is indeed female, so you are correct. FWIW, I was also thinking about "female co-worker" details we've seen here before. Many are utterly heinous. Sometimes it's really hard to not let past cases influence thinking of new cases, and yet other times, it's the most logical conclusion.

The following is all speculation.
PH actually left with the reported two guys.
Friend knows her history so was not alarmed about her leaving with the them
PH relapsed and was doing drugs.
PH overdosed.
The two black guys realize they are in AL and have a dead young white girl. They panic and bury the body.
Thoughts?

Also someone mentioned on an earlier post that the Tin Bar sits on a strip of bars and restaurants so there should be plenty of video from different establishments which there have been zero sightings so far.
Has it come out directly? Is it from LE or on MSM? How dis I miss it?
*hits myself upside the head*

But nobody reported NOT seeing her at the bar either, right? I guess what I’m saying is that people not only do people not always see or notice things, but everything is not made public information. Just because nobody has said this publicly, it doesn’t mean it’s not the case.

Again I have no opinion either way about anything, and I’m still catching up, but absence of confirmation is not necessary confirmation that she wasn’t there. Hope that makes sense.

Alright, no more from me til I read more. Thanks everyone for the discussion; I think there is a good group in here. We’ve sure all seen a lot.

—-

There’s a case I keep thinking about that I saw the other day on Dateline, that involved bar footage. It wasn’t until the footage was reviewed by an independent party that this person noticed something that other investigators had not. Going off on a tangent now...off to read.

The case I keep going back to was from 2006 (some of you may have still been in grade school back then); it was the mystery of 2nd year medical student, Brian Shaffer's, disappearance from the Ugly Tuna Saloona bar in Columbus, Ohio. Surveillance video captured his image at the bar but did not catch him leaving the bar. He had been there with two friends, both of whom were interviewed by LE, but one refused to take a polygraph. Brian Shaffer is still missing, and no one has ever been charged in his disappearance.

The case I keep going back to was from 2006 (some of you may have still been in grade school back then); it was the mystery of 2nd year medical student, Brian Shaffer's, disappearance from the Ugly Tuna Saloona bar in Columbus, Ohio. Surveillance video captured his image at the bar but did not catch him leaving the bar. He had been there with two friends, both of whom were interviewed by LE, but only one declined to take a polygraph. Brian Shaffer is still missing, and no one has ever been charged in his disappearance.

(For reference:

OH - OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1 )

Although there have been no quotes attributed to this coworker, there have been statements made by PH's mother wherein she implies or says that the coworker's stories keep changing. To me that is all that needs to be said. This is a generalization, but the one huge red flag in LE interrogations is lying. Changing a story would fall into that category, wouldn't it?
Agreed! Do we have a link or links to read this?

This is what the text allegedly said:

“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

I can’t read this and think that she’s talking about a relapse. The danger appears to be from the people she says she doesn’t know. That’s why she mentioned them, providing context to her last sentence “I feel in trouble.”

I continue to believe that it is unlikely she wrote this text, and that these men even exist.
And the first thing I thought of was how the end of sentence 1 contidicts sentence 2.
Wouldn't it sound better saying:
These guys scare me. PICK UP YOUR PHONE! Im in trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l