Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(OMG, I just had a flashback.....of you going to help Anjelica’s Dad Z...he became a member here, and he suddenly needed personal emergency help ASAP, you as a stranger said “I’m local”, got in your car and drove over there and went to be with him and helped him!! Right?! Bless You once again. That was one of my hardest experiences EVER here on WS, when Z said “God, take me instead...” I was SOBBING, and @skibaboo sent me a loving message to go take a warm bath....anyway, you were awesome for Z and represented for the WS family!!!)

I will never forget...

It’s victim bashing. Paighton had addiction issues. She recovered. And I don’t believe it’s true.

100% agree! And I'm beginning to wonder if PH wasn't trying to leave to get back to her car and her friends refused to leave to take her! I'm friend bashing now, but I don't think Paighton wanted to be there at all.

I've been in a few situations like that in my younger days and put in some hard situations trying to leave. People blowing pot in my face to get me high, pouring alcohol on my lips when I didn't want it. Addicts join together and make a game of it all not realizing until something bad happens that they were wrong in doing what they did. Paighton wanted to go home! MOO

O/T but just wanted to clear it up that that member was another person, and not me. But I do know who you're talking about, and more than a few members were in touch with ZH offline/in person while he went thru hell because of Hadsell. I also remember his comment all too well, and I think for many of us who were holding back the tears really lost it at that point. WS can have all the rules in the world, but in truth, it was AJ's dad Zach, that brought it home to me that these "cases" we sit here and discuss are not just names and faces in the news, they're real people with moms, sisters, aunts, dads, sons and daughters that actually quite often read here, sometimes join, sometimes post. It's for those dear people, going through the worst thing they could have ever imagined, that this forum must remain VICTIM FRIENDLY, and respectful at all times, according to the rules.

Not a mod or anything, I just felt the need to say that, on behalf of the victim's families and loved ones. You just never know who's reading. :)

(Thank you. Beautifully said. Sorry I confused you with the other poster, you still rock though!)

Yes! I am 6+ years out. I finally moved 8+ hours away & stayed there for years & never speak to those ppl. Never will again either. I do know the reality. Its a very DRASTIC and expensive measure for some, however. Solemn is a very good description of the process, pain would be too lol I wont even entertain the idea I could sit on a mountain of it and be unphased, that is very dangerous thinking, for me anyway, probably for most.

I choose not to go to parties or bars, which means my circle of friends is almost nil 6+ years out. I cannot imagine not socializing more in my 20's. So IMOO, Paighton did have a long road ahead but it does sound like she was on her way to being clean, if she wasn't already. I believe she wanted that anyway. In my experience, relapse was part of getting to the "sober forever" part but moving away for a long time & ending all contact w/ those ppl was paramount. You are correct there.

If relapse and OD happend in this case I want to know it was not used as a weapon against Paighton or in defense of their actions whoever they are.

Also, Paughton was so much more than this. I think that is important for ppl to understand. Not that I knew her but I do. She is all of us. And she was dearly loved.

Beautifully said, @proctorelites, and many positive thoughts for what you have done for yourself and for those who love you.
Continued strength I wish for you.
And thanks for the info which was so enriched by your own experience and determination. And thanks for reminding folks that Paighton was much more than a recovering drug user.

The house was occupied recently by an elderly man, but prior to PH being placed there. PH was originally from this area.
^^s/bbm

Huh? Are you saying that PH was originally from Hueytown, AL? That's not what her Obit implies:

She was born in Birmingham, Alabama, grew up in Trussville, Alabama and was a graduate of Hewitt Trussville High School, class of 2008.

It's unclear what exactly led officers to Hueytown but Frank Barefield, Chairman, Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama, said several tips called into Crime Stoppers proved to be critical in this case.

"Crime Stoppers received several very good tips that were helpful in the Paighton Houston investigation and one or more persons will get a reward," said Barefield.

Crime Stoppers never learns or reveals the names of the people who call in tips and those tips are only shared with law enforcement officers. As part of its policy, Crime Stoppers also never releases how much money a tipster is paid.
Crime Stoppers tips ‘Very Helpful’ in Paighton Houston investigation

If we didn't know about PH's background, would we even be talking about overdoses? Or would we be looking at sex offenders and wondering about kidnapping?
Highly unlikely anyone would automatically assume or suggest an overdose, but at the same time, because we do know she was a recovering addict, (that went missing and then found deceased) it's likely one of the first things everyone is going to wonder about, and hope to rule out. Drugs may or may not have had anything to do with this young woman's terrible death. Either way, she didn't bury herself and sure as heck didn't deserve to be buried along side the trash in that yard. Someone needs to answer for that, at the very least.

I've also considered that a get together may have gone down right at the Chapel Drive home, she was there, being hastily buried by intoxicated/stoned individual(s) in the yard. Maybe the people living around there were used to the local yahoo's having parties there and thought nothing of it, or wished not to get involved.
^^sbm

From the photos and video footage of the burial location on Chappel Drive, I thought there was ample evidence of partying going on in that yard. There were bins full of beer cans and cans concealed by brown wrappers -- content unknown.

I don't know what happened to Paighton but I have to believe what her siblings and close friends have said here which is that the official account does not add up for them, something is missing, and it's totally out of character for PH. And I don't think they're in denial or uninformed -- they'd already seen PH at her worst. She was at deaths door in 2018. MOO

Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said "the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide"

Why emphasize that!?! PH didn't bury herself!! Why go out of your way and seemingly correct a reporter and say, don't you dare call this a murder, this is a "death" investigation.
SBM
To be fair, I think that the journalist was overreaching a bit with their analysis that he 'emphasized' that it was a 'death investigation'. His statement was in direct response to a question from another reporter about whether it was a homocide investigation. I'd love to include a link, but without benefit of a media thread, it's proving difficult to come up with the right search terms to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Can some of our expert sleuthers collaborate on starting a media thread for this case, pretty please? I'm not sure I know how to set it up correctly so that it's linked to the case. (Not to mention the fact that I'd be wary of adding 90% of MSM stories out there that have inconsistencies!!!) TIA! :)

ETA: Now that I'm almost caught up, I see that @inmyhumbleopinion beat me to it, and was able to provide the link that I was looking for to boot! Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member