Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually has been mentioned, but I don't see how it has any bearing on what really happened to this young woman. No matter her sexual orientation, she left that bar with someone (unless we're going to assume she walked from the bar to the house on Chapel), and someone left her dead in a hole in the middle of a garbage strewn yard of an abandoned house. So to me, whether she was straight or gay (and it's never been stated in MSM, that I am aware of) has exactly zero bearing on this case.

moo
Actually, I did not say it had a bearing on the case, just that I was surprised it was not mentioned more than it has been. However, as it's been brought up, there's a chance -- however big or small is anybody's guess no doubt -- of a hate crime here, in which case it may in fact have a *HUGE* bearing on it.

Actually, I did not say it had a bearing on the case, just that I was surprised it was not mentioned more than it has been. However, as it's been brought up, there's a chance -- however big or small is anybody's guess no doubt -- of a hate crime here, in which case it may in fact have a *HUGE* bearing on it.

Good catch! Not bashing the deep south, but the possibility, stressing imo, may be greater in these areas compared to other regions. I had not thought of this and perhaps someone's boyfriend or 2 black guys thought she was a faux new aged pan demi or whatever is usually a temporary popular branding of oneself today , and the scene went badly for an unexpected set up ménage à trois toward an individual for whom the lifestyle is not merely a trend.

It actually has been mentioned, but I don't see how it has any bearing on what really happened to this young woman. No matter her sexual orientation, she left that bar with someone (unless we're going to assume she walked from the bar to the house on Chapel), and someone left her dead in a hole in the middle of a garbage strewn yard of an abandoned house. So to me, whether she was straight or gay (and it's never been stated in MSM, that I am aware of) has exactly zero bearing on this case.

moo
I agree. I am thinking though, that crimes of passion affect those gay and straight and if not a drug related crime or a sex related crime led to PH's death possibly there could be another motive. Jilted lover perhaps? MOO and don't shoot me.

If it had already been mentioned in any of the MSM articles that she was a gay woman, then I might be inclined to consider the possibility of a hate crime. But since it hasn't been stated that she is, I don't find any reason to speculate about that.

Good catch! Not bashing the deep south, but the possibility, stressing imo, may be greater in these areas compared to other regions. I had not thought of this and perhaps someone's boyfriend or 2 black guys thought she was a faux new aged pan demi or whatever is usually a temporary popular branding of oneself today , and the scene went badly for an unexpected set up ménage à trois toward an individual for whom the lifestyle is not merely a trend.

Someone's boyfriend?
An individual who's into such a lifestyle?

That's some rather specifically detailed speculation. I feel like I've missed a popular movie everyone else has seen. :confused:

If it had already been mentioned in any of the MSM articles that she was a gay woman, then I might be inclined to consider the possibility of a hate crime. But since it hasn't been stated that she is, I don't find any reason to speculate about that.
I may be incorrect here -- let's face it, LE has said very little and MSM has done a bang-up job of screwing up what little LE *has* said -- but I don't believe the addiction angle came from MSM either; it was pounced on when a website for recovering addicts was located. It's as much speculation as an LGBT angle is, and in fact, I haven't suggested *either*...

The articles did not mention she was a straight woman. But, there were some speculating she was straight when describing their opinions about hooking up or leaving with 2 large black men. Also, overall, the theories are assuming she was a down and out, fallen off the sober train, junkie, when no one knows if she was drinking only water that night. I believe this is why this case stands out more than any others, no forward witnesses, pleas, or straight up facts that are not somewhat foggy, suspicious, or unclear.

Someone's boyfriend?
An individual who's into such a lifestyle?

That's some rather specifically detailed speculation. I feel like I've missed a popular movie everyone else has seen. :confused:

Absolutely zero detail in my post, it is a reply to anothers alternative theory (no calling out, proper names posted) post I found interesting. You skipped 2 black men, if you are keying in on specific details. Not too sure why the use of boyfriend strikes you and not the mention of 2 unknown African American black men.

No. It's not their job to control public speculation. I have not seen anything put out by LE that points a finger at this person. Nothing. Sheer savagery in SM circles. Speculation about, why this person left PH, when they left PH, why they did not check on her when text received, if there is some connection to the home where found, relations to the last know persons PH was with, drug use, and the list goes on. I have seen no evidence of any of this. None 0. Nothing put out by LE that would even hint at any of it being true, or that for some reason, the public should look in that direction. In case of lack of information, input your conspiracy theory here ___________.
LE did come forward and makea statement in Abby and Libby's case to clear the homeowner of the property they were found on as well as an additional home owner who was searched. I suppose they do not have to do so but I think it is common that they do. MOO

Maybe "not mentioning" it, is the same thing as tacit admittance that the general public has nothing to worry about from HSBMx2. I realize it could go either way; but it seems more problematic if there's a public nuisance/threat out there and LE in fact isn't saying anything about it, KWIM? If LE don't say something and someone else in AL gets kidnapped or killed, aren't they in more hot water?
This is one of those things that I think it’s stupid that reporters ask. *Everyone* could be in danger, *all the time*!

moo
Often partners or ex partners are investigated immediately following a sudden disappearance or murder. Love triangles, jealousy, etc are common motives in many cases. In that regard, I think sexual orientation can be an important factor for investigators. WS prohibits sleuthing of such individuals but we (general) typically assume one is heterosexual and consider theories accordingly (left bar with two men- for drugs? Hook up? Friends? ).

I am not sure any of that is a factor in this case but I'm positive it has all been important in LE's investigation. MOO

Absolutely zero detail in my post, it is a reply to anothers alternative theory (no calling out, proper names posted) post I found interesting. You skipped 2 black men, if you are keying in on specific details. Not too sure why the use of boyfriend strikes you and not the mention of 2 unknown African American black men.
Only because no one's boyfriend has been mentioned at all, until now. The two black dudes have been part of the story from the beginning. It is rather frustrating trying to get a handle on what might have really happened, with so few facts to start from. I know we're all speculating, and sort of spinning our wheels here.

Often partners or ex partners are investigated immediately following a sudden disappearance or murder. Love triangles, jealousy, etc are common motives in many cases. In that regard, I think sexual orientation can be an important factor for investigators. WS prohibits sleuthing of such individuals but we (general) typically assume one is heterosexual and consider theories accordingly (left bar with two men- for drugs? Hook up? Friends? ).

I am not sure any of that is a factor in this case but I'm positive it has all been important in LE's investigation. MOO

While I agree with all you've said, the only reason I don't think it's a factor in this case (PH's sexual orientation) is that there has been nothing in the media to lead me to believe that it might be. In fact, the only thing I've seen about it at all, is from other sites that love a good rumor mill, and a few mentions here from members. Past case histories where someone's SO was a factor, tend to make it clear from the beginning that it is, or could be a factor - and yet there's nothing in this case. That just leads me to assume LE have already ruled that out, if they ever even considered it from the beginning. Of course, this is all purely speculation, just based on how investigations in the past have gone.

Question for Well Seasoned Sleuthers:
My title makes you sound edible, doesn't it:)
Is there any legal onus on the part of LE to control the narrative of a case in such a way that innocent parties are not unfairly implicated in a crime?
LE has done nothing to control the narrative in this case. Yes, there can be good reasons for this....and I am generally in LE's court. But
assuming Grace holds no responsibility and that LE is positive of this, IMO , they could have communicated so to take the heat off of her. Can Grace sue for defamation?
Many assumptions here...I'm purely asking on principle.
Hope my question makes sense.:)

Had this witness not been made public and her story told by her attorney, I'd have no knowledge of her or what she's facing on social media.

My understanding of defamation is you can sue someone, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you (providing you can prove the elements of defamation suit). I don't believe you can sue somebody for remaining silent.

I can only think of one instance where LE made a statement in defense of somebody being falsely implicated in a crime on social media.
It was for the parents of a young boy (J Minard) that worked after school and weekends on a dairy farm. He also went missing and was found a week later in a shallow grave on farm property. His cause of death was related to fentanyl. After months of investigation, the farm owner's son was charged with his death.

While I agree with all you've said, the only reason I don't think it's a factor in this case (PH's sexual orientation) is that there has been nothing in the media to lead me to believe that it might be. In fact, the only thing I've seen about it at all, is from other sites that love a good rumor mill, and a few mentions here from members. Past case histories where someone's SO was a factor, tend to make it clear from the beginning that it is, or could be a factor - and yet there's nothing in this case. That just leads me to assume LE have already ruled that out, if they ever even considered it from the beginning. Of course, this is all purely speculation, just based on how investigations in the past have gone.

Has LE mentioned drug use as a possible factor? If not, does that mean they ruled it out? I do not find it fair to accuse everyone who suggests SO may be a factor of simply loving "a good rumor mill."

The articles did not mention she was a straight woman. But, there were some speculating she was straight when describing their opinions about hooking up or leaving with 2 large black men. Also, overall, the theories are assuming she was a down and out, fallen off the sober train, junkie, when no one knows if she was drinking only water that night. I believe this is why this case stands out more than any others, no forward witnesses, pleas, or straight up facts that are not somewhat foggy, suspicious, or unclear.

I don't recall any speculation she was straight when describing her leaving with 2 blk men.

As you mentioned, it is so hard to speculate with any certainty given the limited facts released. I've gone through numerous scenarios and don't feel very confident with any of them.

I hope that Paighton's family finds eventual comfort in their fond memories and knowing what an impact her life has had on so many across the country. I hope they receive the answers they deserve and that whoever knows more, eventually comes forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth