Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that there are multiple people telling LE different stories. Even the DA is sticking to the idea that they were at Tin Roof solely based on the statements of the people Paighton was with. Yet we have heard many reports that these persons stories keep changing and don't match. I can see a scenario where these people that were with Paighton are trying to pin this entire thing on FH. They obviously know this guy was involved in the burial, but now they want to hear his version of events as to what led to that burial.
Hypothetically, they could have known FH and therefore knew who she left with but didn’t share this initially with family in trying to cover for PH or for some other reason. That’s probably not a crime. Then told LE everything. MOO.

Brighton, Alabama is a small city. It's 12 to 20 miles southwest of Birmingham depending on your route. The population is about 2900 people. The area is about 1.5 square miles.

It's not very affluent, the per capita income for the city was $11,002 in 2000. According to Wikipedia, "About 20.2% of families and 27.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.3% of those under age 18 and 20.3% of those age 65 or over."

Brighton, Alabama - Wikipedia

My theory is that PH was seeking drugs. FH was seeking sex for himself and others. They needed to make her unconscious; used drugs laced with fentanyl; used too much. MOO.
I hope LE doesn't take the convenient solution and settle for voluntary OD and burial.
Well said.

Also to reiterate or emphasize the obvious, rape or sex with an unwilling participant isn't always obvious through an autopsy or with visable signs that were detailed in the gang rape mentioned previously. Sex with a drugged person or a person held at gunpoint/knifepoint is non-consensual but can still appear consensual from an examination. I'm sure that an autopsy would reveal the evidence of intercourse, but it may have been resulting from a consensual relationship earlier in the evening or a non-consensual relationship prior to her death and we may have no idea which one.

Hypothetically, they could have known FH and therefore knew who she left with but didn’t share this initially with family in trying to cover for PH or for some other reason. That’s probably not a crime. Then told LE everything. MOO.
I think this is very likely. Stories might "change" once the severity and danger becomes real. If initially they were covering thinking she may just have relapsed (or had previously unbeknownst to family), they may have withheld incriminating info. When her phone was going to voicemail and she missed important family events, more info may have come out. Moo

Brighton, Alabama is a small city. It's 12 to 20 miles southwest of Birmingham depending on your route. The population is about 2900 people. The area is about 1.5 square miles.

It's not very affluent, the per capita income for the city was $11,002 in 2000. According to Wikipedia, "About 20.2% of families and 27.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.3% of those under age 18 and 20.3% of those age 65 or over."

Brighton, Alabama - Wikipedia
Not surprising at all. What is typical in Alabama is that there are many small communities and cities scattered throughout the state. Most have the same dynamics - largely unemployed, economically depressed, subpar educational opportunities, higher than average crime, and higher than average drug problems. They also have minimal law enforcement presence and therefore make it easy for criminals, sex offenders, and the like to operate or hide. The fact that this case has drifted from Birmingham proper to Bessemer, Brighton, and Hueytown is not surprising.

Relapse, looking for drugs, being on drugs, roofies, overdosing, looking for sex, rape, gang rape, necrophilia...

Anyone have any relevant information that backs these theories up? Because it looks like a lot of guessing. I think we are better than this.

And it is disrespectful to the victim.
We are dealing with a former self-admitted drug addict, a registered sex offender, and a charge of "abuse of a corpse". That's the backup for the theories. Guessing, sleuthing, reasoning, or conjecture...call it as you wish. No disrespect to the victim intended but the possibilities are there and plausible.

We are dealing with a former self-admitted drug addict, a registered sex offender, and a charge of "abuse of a corpse". That's the backup for the theories. Guessing, sleuthing, reasoning, or conjecture...call it as you wish. No disrespect to the victim intended but the possibilities are there and plausible.

relapse- no evidence
looking for drugs- no evidence
being on drugs- no evidence
roofies- no evidence
overdosing- no evidence
looking for sex- no evidence
rape- no evidence
gang rape- no evidence
necrophilia- no evidence

Something bad happened. I personally choose not to guess at it without more information, out of respect for the victim and her family. That's all.

Relapse, looking for drugs, being on drugs, roofies, overdosing, looking for sex, rape, gang rape, necrophilia...

Anyone have any relevant information that backs these theories up? Because it looks like a lot of guessing. I think we are better than this.

And it is disrespectful to the victim.
Lots of information that can't be shared here.

However, I'll put one question to the group. Paighton was a self confessed heroin addict, don't you all think that if she wanted to relapse, she would have to rely on some sketchy guy she didn't know? And if she was going to use heroin, don't you think that the first thing she would have done upon leaving TR would be hit a bank machine? Random strangers don't just give away heroin. Paighton looks smart enough to know not to just walk away with a guy like that.

"
District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

BBM. So, it appears they do know she was at TR with PH.

Yes. Their statements are confirming that both were present at Tin Roof.

Well said.

Also to reiterate or emphasize the obvious, rape or sex with an unwilling participant isn't always obvious through an autopsy or with visable signs that were detailed in the gang rape mentioned previously. Sex with a drugged person or a person held at gunpoint/knifepoint is non-consensual but can still appear consensual from an examination. I'm sure that an autopsy would reveal the evidence of intercourse, but it may have been resulting from a consensual relationship earlier in the evening or a non-consensual relationship prior to her death and we may have no idea which one.
This is most likely what happened, imo. IF there was evidence of intercourse at the autopsy, LE has no way to prove it wasn’t consensual so they can’t accuse or charge rape. My belief is she was impaired and therefore unable to consent no matter what she may have said or what the physical evidence may show. Imo, if there was intercourse, this will be a rape he gets away with.

Not surprising at all. What is typical in Alabama is that there are many small communities and cities scattered throughout the state. Most have the same dynamics - largely unemployed, economically depressed, subpar educational opportunities, higher than average crime, and higher than average drug problems. They also have minimal law enforcement presence and therefore make it easy for criminals, sex offenders, and the like to operate or hide. The fact that this case has drifted from Birmingham proper to Bessemer, Brighton, and Hueytown is not surprising.

I would have to disagree with you about "minimal law enforcement presence". Both the area I live in now and the previous city were very well patrolled by LE. Suburbs within central Alabama are very well guarded.

However, I'll put one question to the group. Paighton was a self confessed heroin addict, don't you all think that if she wanted to relapse, she would have to rely on some sketchy guy she didn't know? And if she was going to use heroin, don't you think that the first thing she would have done upon leaving TR would be hit a bank machine? Random strangers don't just give away heroin. Paighton looks smart enough to know not to just walk away with a guy like that.
BBM----Exactly

I haven't read anything disrespectful towards PH, at least not in recent pages where I began following again. She had a VERY serious addiction, which was public knowledge. Every addict I have known who is clean admits it is a daily battle.

She sent a text, or texts, to a friend. She was fearful, BUT if she was being kidnapped, totally against her will, wouldn't hitting 911 have made more sense? Or even texting "OMG, help me!" And why text the friend unless she still at least partly wanted to be out wherever she was, but just felt a bit like "Hmmm....maybe I should let some know this could be getting weird?"

Drugs FIT as POSSIBLE explanation/motive for willingly leaving with FH, and/or the HSBM AND for the tone of the text. She thought they were going to get a quick high, maybe go back to the bar, and something else happened instead.....

The high may not have been heroin or hard drugs. PH could have been offered something more benign like pot. It's not legal in Alabama, is it?

I had friends when I was young who bought pot from incredibly scary dudes. Scared the cra p out of me. They thought nothing of walking right into a rundown inner city apartment, at 1am as a dumb little college girl to grab their drugs. No idea how they didn't end up dead or worse.

Are we CERTAIN that PH and FH did not know one another?

We know she went a text saying she didn't know who she was with, but we don't know where she was, or who that refers to.

Curious. How much trauma could still be determined after nearly 2 weeks of death? Can the autopsy determine she was sexually assaulted? I'm worried that all they are going to have is abuse of a corpse for burying her. The complicated case may be that she left willingly and was willing along with everything else that occurred that night and all they have is that last text...
The ground temperature has also been cool. That should slow the decay process and aid in evidence recovery. According to this link the soil temperature in central Alabama was between 41F and 43F at a depth of 4 inches. That's above freezing but getting close to refrigeration temperature.

Alabama Farmers Federation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member