Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New photos of missing Trussville woman Paighton Houston

TRUSSVILLE, Ala — Paighton Houston has been missing since December 20, 2019. She was last seen leaving the Tin Roof bar in Birmingham's Lakeview district.

A reward is being offered for credible information in the case.

On Monday, December 30, 2019, Paighton's family made these photos available to aid in her search. [PHOTOS AT LINK ABOVE]

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Birmingham Police Department at 205-297-8413 or 911. If you have additional information on this investigation, contact Crime Stoppers @ 205-254-7777.
In all but two of those photos Paighton was wearing sunglasses. Was that intentional? If you are trying to get people to recognize her, that's a little odd? o_O

Tonight on CBS channel 42 Birmingham, AL, on the 6 Pm news there was a breaking news. There was a large police presence at a house on 33rd North and there was a report of a death investigation. They DID NOT reference this case, but it is a section of town that is a transitional neighborhood with high crime statistics. I checked before posting, no update. This is a neighborhood with high crime and empty houses.

I do wonder why her friend didn't just text her right back when she got that message. That would have been the first thing I would have done had I received it. What's going on, where are you- do you want me to come get you? That's what I would have asked pronto.
Thats the first thing I would have done, too. However, her friend may have been asleep by then, or drinking and not paying attention to her phone, etc. a lot of unknown variables.

ETA: whoops, friend was asleep! Saw it the next morning.

Last edited:
Thats the first thing I would have done, too. However, her friend may have been asleep by then, or drinking and not paying attention to her phone, etc. a lot of unknown variables.
It's been said the friend didn't see her message until the next morning. She immediately tried to call her but her phone was off.

I do wonder why her friend didn't just text her right back when she got that message. That would have been the first thing I would have done had I received it. What's going on, where are you- do you want me to come get you? That's what I would have asked pronto.
I think her co-worker did respond when she saw the text and that she tried to reach her at that point. I just think there was a big time gap between the time Paighton texted she felt in trouble and the time the friend checked her phone. It makes me think the friend might not have been terribly worried about Paighton because maybe Paighton already knew the guys a little. I am sure there must be other logical reasonable explanations, but this is the one that makes the most sense to me at this point in the case (with the limited info we have been given). ‍♀️

britt‏ @ny********
Paighton Houston - still missing. Her coworkers have sat with her empty chair for a week now. If you know something please PLEASE speak up! #PaightonHouston #MissingPerson #missing #alabama

EM1EmUSWkAA0t5d.jpg

EM1EmUSXUAAV5Km.jpg

3:09 PM - 27 Dec 2019
Thanks for sharing°°

I guess we now know Paighton did live at home with parents!

Tonight on CBS channel 42 Birmingham, AL, on the 6 Pm news there was a breaking news. There was a large police presence at a house on 33rd North and there was a report of a death investigation. They DID NOT reference this case, but it is a section of town that is a transitional neighborhood with high crime statistics. I checked before posting, no update. This is a neighborhood with high crime and empty houses.
Is this what you saw? BPD investigate unclassified death on 33rd Avenue North

Birmingham police conducting death... - Fred Davenport WVTM 13 News

Many comments at WVTM/News 13 wondering if PH but appears to be unrelated based on neighbors comments at link.

Last edited:

We know PH told her friend at about 12:15 AM to pick up if she called but no MSN reports I'm aware of indicating what if any action the friend took. She may have been one who's call went straight to voicemail. Also, no MSM report if the friend was still at the bar at 12:15 AM or when the text was read.

Last edited:
Besides her text to her friend, I wonder if she made any phone calls that made her leave the bar? The fight/argument with her co-worker might have led her to make a phone call & leave. As far as the two guys, they could have just been leaving out the door coincidentally. If they were “suspects”, I think there photos & video would have been released by now.

Welcome to WS @Spanky25 and hope we can celebrate the safe discovery of PH.
To my knowledge, the only verified information is that PH sent a text to her friend around 12:15 AM and that calls made to her phone went straight to voicemail.

Just a reminder that WS is a facts-based forum and only information reported in MSN is allowed posted and discussed on the main thread.

Information from FB groups is not allowed. Do you have a MSM link for your post citing a fight or argument with co-worker as I must have missed this news. Thank you.

Welcome to WS @Spanky25 and hope we can celebrate the safe discovery of PH.
To my knowledge, the only verified information is that PH sent a text to her friend around 12:15 AM and that calls made to her phone went straight to voicemail.

Just a reminder that WS is a facts-based forum and only information reported in MSN is allowed posted and discussed on the main thread.

Information from FB groups is not allowed. Do you have a MSM link for your post citing a fight or argument with co-worker as I must have missed this news. Thank you.
I think people mentioned that so many times earlier that new people are taking it as fact and running with it. I've asked a mod if we can do clean up to remove that piece of info.

I don't think we know how the friend responded do we?

’We’ve got to find her’: Police seek new leads on woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

This is from the article in the link: “Our investigators want to review that footage. They want to make sure they’ve exhausted all their leads by going through that footage and if they determine anything that will point them in a different direction, we’ll let you guys know,’’

This link is now 4 days old. 4 DAYS!!!! This poor girl has been missing for 10 days. Is it just me or does this feel a little sloppy?? It doesn't say they have cleared anyone, or ID'd anyone in the video....they want to REVIEW IT.
Not surprised - Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members