GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WilliamThornton @billineastala · 2h2 hours ago

She stepped off the stand at 12:27 p.m. Dani Bone hugged her. Then court recessed for lunch.

When cross examination started, she kept pretty much the same tone as she did during defense questions.

Can't speak for the rest of the gallery, but the reporters were scribbling like mad, and making multiple notations next to memorable quotes.

Someone who has been around her told me, "She came up hard." You could tell by her demeanor.

"I don't cry in front of a lot of people," she said, when asked about not showing emotion. "I cry everyday. I grieve everyday...

"...I'm miserable everyday for the last three years."

What a convoluted mess of family dynamics from what I've seen thus far.

I appreciate WT sharing his observations and notes taken from court. And Shelby1 , I bow to you my WS friend! <3

At first I thought that GM just didn't mentally understand that if I make Savannah do this , she could die. After reading the tweets about GM testimony, I am beginning to believe that GM didn't care if Savannah died or not, as long as GM got to be obeyed. GM wanted complete control. :cow: How dare Savannah defy her. It was all about GM.

I got so mad copying those (because of killer gramma) that my hand started shaking. PLEASE jury, be strong and do the right thing tomorrow.

I got so mad copying those (because of killer gramma) that my hand started shaking. PLEASE jury, be strong and do the right thing tomorrow.

Rest your hand Shelby. You're doing great!

Does court resume tomorrow? I thought it was Monday for closing statements before jury deliberations.

Oh! I don't know. I thought Friday... I'm probably wrong.

Well I'll check on it tomorrow unless someone confirms it before then....Real life calls......

I think you can see all the bits of the truth in her testimony. She did herself no favors. She was better off not saying a thing.

thank you everyone for the links, pics, and tweets...........omg......:(

after reading mom's story, i'm speechless (a rarity for me).........

i do think the court reconvenes tomorrow morning for closings, last i heard....but i just got home and ran to catch up here so don't quote me :D......

i must admit crying for savannah while reading just now.......what a horrible woman :furious:......what a sad, tragic case........that child didn't stand a chance :rose:

:seeya:

hi lyric......good to see you join in!:seeya:

i personally agree with you on this case........i think i would vote for LWOP......not that i'm against the DP at all, i just don't see that it's warranted here from what i've heard thru the grapevine as it were..........but i definitely think LWOP, no doubt! what a horrible woman and that poor child paid the ultimate price :rose:

now if for some reason they DO give her the DP, i shall be most anxious to know what sent them in that direction, what did i miss being on the outside looking in via tweet? :thinking:

Due to the extreme cruelty factor of this case I would have to vote for death for it is the only just punishment that fits the crime. I ask myself if this had been done by her grandfather would I want him to receive the death penalty and my answer is a resounding 'hell yes, I would!' Once I ask myself that one question all sympathy and excuses goes out the window for this horrid human being.

But, I have stated many times females are rarely given the death penalty even though it is very much deserved. So I doubt we will really see a just punishment given.

I am always so nervous during any murder case involving a child victim when their perpetrator happens to be a female. I have seen the many injustices play out simply because of the gender of the offender. And I have seen many cases when the murder defendant is a female the murdered child has less value for jurors since so many of them seem to get far less punishment than a male would receive for the same like crime.

So in the end, the jury should look at all the aggravating factors, and vote for death because it certainly meets the criteria and is just based upon the facts of the case.

I am holding my breath waiting for this precious child to receive justice due. However; I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the jury not only didn't find her guilty of first degree murder but picks a lessor charge.:(

I wouldn't even worry about that unjust outcome if the killer was a male defendant instead of a female. If they go with a lessor charge then it will show once again that women murderers are treated far differently than men by jurors in our criminal justice system.

This child had to go through a lot pain and suffering before she died.

If the jury looks at the cold cruel facts in this case and removes any gender biases.... I hope they are strong enough to do the right thing by not only voting guilty for first degree murder but giving her the death penalty too.

So I am hoping for First degree murder with cruelty.
And the fitting punishment of death.

Will the jury do the right thing by Savannah and value her life and death as they would if her murder had been done by her grandfather instead of her grandmother? Sadly. I don't think they will and gender biases will continue.

It seems if the innocent child is murdered by a female family member then their precious life doesn't matter as much as it would have if the perp had been a male family member doing the same acts.

We,(jurors) as a country send such a profoundly wrong message when it comes to most innocent victims among us. When a defendant is treated unequally due to gender only ...the message sent is.. 'it isn't as bad' to premeditatedly torture and murder a child if the perp is a female family member. If they are even found guilty at all the time served for females who commit same like crimes do not get the same punishment or even the same guilt verdict.

RIP Savannah. This beautiful child never had a chance with this woman and its heartbreaking to know she had to endure being around this grandmother who was so cold and unfeeling. I think this horrid woman is a full blown narcissist and a control freak.

Due to the extreme cruelty factor of this case I would have to vote for death for it the only just punishment that fits the crime. I ask myself if this had been done by her grandfather would I want him to receive the death penalty and my answer is a resounding 'hell yes, I would!' Once I ask myself that one question all sympathy goes out the window for this horrid human being.

But, I have stated many times females are rarely given the death penalty even though it is very much deserved. So I doubt we will really see a just punishment given.

I always so nervous during any murder case involving a child victim when their perpetrator happens to be a female. I have seen the many injustices play out simply because of the gender of the offender. And I have seen many cases when the murder defendant is a female the murdered child has less value for jurors since so many of them seem to get far less punishment than a male would receive for the same like crime.

So in the end, the jury should look at all the aggravating factors, and vote for death because it certainly meets the criteria and is just based upon the facts of the case.

I am holding my breath waiting for this precious child to receive justice due. However; I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the jury not only didn't find her guilty of first degree murder but picks a lessor charge.:(

I wouldn't even worry about that unjust outcome if the killer was a male defendant instead of a female. If they go with a lessor charge then it will show once again that women murderers are treated far differently than men by jurors in our criminal justice system.

This child had to go through a lot pain and suffering before she died.

If the jury looks at the cold cruel facts in this case and removes any gender biases.... I hope they are strong enough to do the right thing by not only voting guilty for first degree murder but giving her the death penalty too.

So I am hoping for First degree murder with cruelty.
And the fitting punishment is death.

Will the jury do the right thing by Savannah and value her life and death as they would if her murder had been done by her grandfather instead of her grandmother? Sadly. I don't think they will and gender biases will continue.

It seems if the innocent child is murdered by a female family member then their precious life doesn't matter as much as it would have if the perp had been a male family member doing the same acts.

We,(jurors) as a country send such a profoundly wrong message when it comes to most innocent victims among us. When a defendant is treated unequally due to gender only ...the message sent is.. 'it isn't as bad' to premeditatedly torture and murder a child if the perp is a female family member. If they are even found guilty at all the time served for females who commit same like crimes do not get the same punishment or even the same guilt verdict.

RIP Savannah. This beautiful child never had a chance with this woman and its heartbreaking to know she had to endure being around this grandmother who was so cold and unfeeling. I think this horrid woman is a full blown narcissist and a control freak.

Ocean, you should take a look at this case...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?195966-CA-Woman-arrested-in-shotgun-death-allegedly-killed-another-husband-in-same-house

IMOO she hornswoggled a jury with abuse claims and amnesia and walked away from a murder. I think her being a small soft spoken woman helped with that. Now she is claiming 'grey fog' to account for a 2nd murder, 30 years later. Neighbours are amazed!

nice to have you join in ocean.....:seeya:

i can only speak for myself..........i do not judge this or any other case by gender....

but i do agree with you that as a whole i see it happen unfortunately.........too often females are not held to the same standards as males in our court systems by juries and i find it repulsive..........

i cannot comment further due to my profession, but believe you me there is no difference in gender in my eyes when it comes to the law........i look for justice in the courts everyday, here and in real life.......

i am praying this jury will truly see the forest for the trees...........

:rose:savannah

Ocean, you should take a look at this case...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?195966-CA-Woman-arrested-in-shotgun-death-allegedly-killed-another-husband-in-same-house

IMOO she hornswoggled a jury with abuse claims and amnesia and walked away from a murder. I think her being a small soft spoken woman helped with that. Now she is claiming 'grey fog' to account for a 2nd murder, 30 years later. Neighbours are amazed!

i now have a new word...........hornswoggled..........love it :D

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/19/they-ran-my-little-girl-to-death.html

Savannah's biological Mother speaks! Grab the tissues! Adorable pictures of Savannah and she looks like her Mom. I'm back to DP after reading this! Whoever said upthread (paintr?) that JG saw 'that woman' in Savannah was correct IMO. I have no words right now. Gotta reread to absorb the shock of this story but sounds like Robert Hardin has losts of $$$$ from his overseas contracting biz to spend on lawyers. That poor little girl never stood a chance....

Oh good, I'm glad you are here too! Yesterday I was firmly LWOP....not so much after reading that. I could easily vote DP. I wish the dad could be held accountable, too. He had a lot to do with this.

excellent link thank you.....dad definitely should be held accountable too.....it's beyond heartbreaking story....selfish dad and unspeakably evil grandmother stole this kid's life....I expect a speedy jury decision

This case hurts my heart.

Is there anyone in the courtroom from the biological mothers side of the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case hurts my heart.

Is there anyone in the courtroom from the biological mothers side of the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine too, always :(............nice to see you :seeya:

i haven't heard of any.....when i was reading the mom's story, i thought to myself i know everyone is different but as a mother i can't imagine not being there...........

i would be looking that murderer in the eye everyday :furious: even if it killed me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back