AL AL - Shanna McKee Peoples, 19, mentally challenged, Geneva, 8 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh me, I am ashamed to say I sorta forgot about this young lady, I assumed that she ahd come home:( hopefully this new searching will shed light on where she is

There is going to be a candlelight vigil for Shanna on Sept 8.

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/candlelight-vigil-for-shanna-peoples-35095

I am originally from Geneva. It's my hometown. I currently live about 20 miles away. I have been disappointed from the start over the lack of coverage on her case.

The neighborhood she disappeared from is an older,lower middle class neighborhood of modest frame homes. They are close together.

Geneva sits in the fork of the Choctawhatchee and Pea rivers. There is a very nice park where they fork. It's about a mile, maybe slightly more from Shanna's home.

Dothan is the nearest larger city and is about 40+ miles to the east, and Enterprise about 20 miles north, Panama City Beach about 70 miles south.

There has been so little publicity- what has been linked in this thread is about all we have seen. My heart breaks for these parents when I see them interviewed.

I can't help but wonder how much LE knows, but they lack enough evidence to proceed.

There is going to be a candlelight vigil for Shanna on Sept 8.

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/candlelight-vigil-for-shanna-peoples-35095

I am originally from Geneva. It's my hometown. I currently live about 20 miles away. I have been disappointed from the start over the lack of coverage on her case.

The neighborhood she disappeared from is an older,lower middle class neighborhood of modest frame homes. They are close together.

Geneva sits in the fork of the Choctawhatchee and Pea rivers. There is a very nice park where they fork. It's about a mile, maybe slightly more from Shanna's home.

Dothan is the nearest larger city and is about 40+ miles to the east, and Enterprise about 20 miles north, Panama City Beach about 70 miles south.

There has been so little publicity- what has been linked in this thread is about all we have seen. My heart breaks for these parents when I see them interviewed.

I can't help but wonder how much LE knows, but they lack enough evidence to proceed.

Killarney,Hi,I too am from Geneva,grew up there,still go shopping there..I find it difficult to believe she disappeared from that street,and no one saw anything..It is always busy..Was up at C&M grocery about a month ago..They told me she rode her bike up there every day..Sure hope they solve this !!

OMG... WTH is up with all the missing 19-22 yr olds in the last year? No witnesses of a damn DWT anywhere was there?

Killarney,Hi,I too am from Geneva,grew up there,still go shopping there..I find it difficult to believe she disappeared from that street,and no one saw anything..It is always busy..Was up at C&M grocery about a month ago..They told me she rode her bike up there every day..Sure hope they solve this !!

Hi! We still go down when we need to go to the bank on business and always stop in at C&M also . DH always likes to ride through the junction. He's a softie-thats where he proposed to me and we had many kids birthday parties there too.

I don't consider SHanna's neighborhood unsafe. Well, at least it wasn't when we still lived there- Bellwood RD(mid 90s). I know the houses run the gamut from run down to up and coming fixer uppers...My feelings have always been that whoever took her knew her and her routine and she would have felt safe going with them. Now I have read she lived on Campbell Ave and Morris ST. Do you know which is correct?

Hi! We still go down when we need to go to the bank on business and always stop in at C&M also . DH always likes to ride through the junction. He's a softie-thats where he proposed to me and we had many kids birthday parties there too.

I don't consider SHanna's neighborhood unsafe. Well, at least it wasn't when we still lived there- Bellwood RD(mid 90s). I know the houses run the gamut from run down to up and coming fixer uppers...My feelings have always been that whoever took her knew her and her routine and she would have felt safe going with them. Now I have read she lived on Campbell Ave and Morris ST. Do you know which is correct?
She lived on Campbell.Was told by a lady at the store that several guys would stop and talk to her frequently..I too believe she went with some one she knew.
I grew up on high St,on top of the hill..Beside of the water tower..I now live in Fl...Morris St. is very run down at the bottom of the hill.she would travel that area daily..going to C&M !!

Had to go to Geneva this morning. We drove the length of Campbell St. and by the church where the vigil will be held tonight. Thought there might be a sign or ribbon, or something out front of the house or church. Didn't see anything.

Added to NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12539/0

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/22650
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/22649

Video at links:

http://www.wtvy.com/wrgx/home/headlines/Missing-In-The-WIregrass-Shanna-Peoples-259445681.html

"The individual that she was living with at the house, he was at work, she was basically there by herself other than the second individual that came up and notified the parents that she wasn't there. He came up and seen the door open and knew it was unusual and when he called for her and got not answer he thought that she had walked down to her parents who were living down the road so he goes down there and shes not there, he knew that was very unusual, at that time they called us and said she was missing, " says Lt Ricky Morgan of the Geneva Police Department.

http://www.wtvy.com/wrgx/home/headlines/Missing-In-The-Wiregrass-Where-Are-They-Now-259590601.html

"With the assistance of the ABI and the FBI, we were able to pull the cell phone towers information and we searched some places in the edge of Florida that some calls were made to before the disappearance but basically it was like poof and she was gone. There were calls made to the boyfriend who was at work and all of that has been verified. We've checked every single call, we've had teams that have came in, search teams that have came in, we've basically searched the entire city limits of Geneva," says Lt. Ricky Morgan, with the Geneva Police Department.

This is the first that I have heard that Shanna didnt live at home with her folks. So she lived nearby with her boyfriend?

From the articles I have read I was under the assumption she went missing from near her parents home as she walked in the neighborhood.

Seems like this would put a different spin on things?

Remarks:
Shanna is mentally challenged and is described as having the maturity level of a 13-year-old girl. She takes prescription medications for a severe bi-polar disorder.

Details:
On September 8, 2011, (then) 19-year-old Shanna Peoples was last seen near her residence in Geneva, Alabama. At the time of her disappearance, Shanna lived about two blocks from her parents' residence. Shanna's daily routine consisted of her walking or riding her bicycle between her house and her parents' residence. Shanna also frequently rode her bicycle to a nearby store to purchase soda and candy. When Shanna was discovered missing, the front door of her residence was left open and the television was left on. Although there were no indications of a struggle in the home, those close to her indicate that Shanna was very routine about turning off the television and locking the door when she left home. Also, Shanna frequently spoke on her cellular phone which was turned off at approximately 4:00 p.m., on the day she went missing.

SHANNA GENELLE PEOPLES — FBI

@@screenshot.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024