AL - Teen Kills Five Family Members, Limestone County, 3 Sept 2019 *mistrial, retrial 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Red bolding mine.
Could you link or elaborate (paraphrase) the bolded ?
Thanks in advance.
I have followed this horrifying case somewhat and I thought I'd read that Mason had spent time with his bio mom in his earlier years; or at least that he knew Mary was his step mom ?
Will try to catch up reading here.

The defense continued by calling Lola Holladay, Mason’s girlfriend at the time of the murders, to the stand. She recounted what Mason had told her about his birth mother. “He told me that his birth mother used to lock him in bathrooms and leave. Then his dad got remarried.”
Green bolding mine.
It sounds from this link that Mason knew he had a stepmother from early on ?
So, he didn't just 'snap' upon finding out Mary was not his bio mom.
More excuses.

I believe the jury got it right.
I do not think Mason should ever walk freely amongst us.
What possible anger could he have held against the two small kids and a baby, fgs ?
No matter what was going on with the parents, he could have asked to be placed in foster care if he wanted out so badly.
Or to be moved to a relatives' house ?

Bolding mine.
The dismissive words of his defense lawyers irks me mightily !!
"... and that's really what triggered the little boy..."

As if the victims were to blame.
:mad:

Rest in eternal peace to the five victims !
Omo.

That is the very reason I cannot stand most criminal defense attorneys- especially in high profile cases: their modus operandi: blame the victim- it turns my stomach and is not acceptable- is not tolerable and is totally disgusting, but sadly, not surprising

Yep, the money is in defense law. While prosecutors' jobs are to get justice for the victims, defense lawyers' jobs are for the paychecks. It's actually the reason many former prosecutors become defense lawyers, not to right a wrong but to make bank.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back