AL AL - Theresa Benn, 42, Talladega, 19 Oct 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Search party leader discusses effort to find Theresa Benn

"Miller said a volunteer found a body around 1 p.m. in the Choccolocco Creek near Jackson Shoals, about a mile away from the Superspeedway, opposite the side from where Benn was last seen, near the intersection of Eastaboga Road and Speedway Boulevard."

"Miller said he did not see any signs of trauma on the body, like bruises or bullet wounds."

http://wiat.com/2014/11/24/search-party-leader-discusses-effort-to-find-theresa-benn/

(sigh) still no arrests? Praying for Theresa, her family and friends during this difficult time. Hoping an arrest is made soon and justice will prevail.

(sigh) still no arrests? Praying for Theresa, her family and friends during this difficult time. Hoping an arrest is made soon and justice will prevail.

I keep checking this thread and trying to find updated news reports as well. Looks like it isn't getting much (or any) more attention in local newspapers, at least from my brief daily searches. I hope LE is able to determine what happened and, if applicable, who is responsible. So sad for Theresa's family!

Still praying there will be justice for Theresa.
Why no updates? Why no coverage? Is LE still actively pursuing this?
So many questions...so few answers.

Still praying there will be justice for Theresa.
Why no updates? Why no coverage? Is LE still actively pursuing this?
So many questions...so few answers.

The last article I could find was a local one that noted her body was being sent for an autopsy to try to determine cause of death. I haven't seen anything new that says if it has been confirmed as a homicide or not.

I imagine if/when it is, we will see something. I hope so, at least.

I've been checking on this frequently too! I was at the races that weekend and never saw anyone with pink boots.. I would remember that! I just have a funny feeling, and don't like the way this sounded from the beginning. I wish LE would give an updated interview on this. But I have a feeling they don't want to "tarnish" and keep people from going to the races. It is a big money maker! So I have my doubts if the truth will ever be known.

They are awaiting official results from autopsy, but I have it on good authority from someone that is IN THE KNOW that this was NOT a suicide. I edited this post because I had second thoughts about it getting back as to who was my source. I pray for the family during this hard time.

I hope more info is released. I am anxious to start discussion on some of them... but I can't because I know a tad bit more than they are releasing through the press. Although I am a strong believer in "Lateral Thinking" and looking at all possibilities... I can't help but believe this one is a tad bit obvious.

Family of woman who disappeared near Talladega Superspeedway wants 'truth, resolution' in slaying
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/12/family_of_woman_who_disappeare.html
LINCOLN, Alabama - The family of a woman who vanished near the Talladega Superspeedway during October's race weekend and was later found dead has released a statement following a police ruling that her death was a homicide.
Investigators have not said how Benn was killed and have not made any arrests. "We are conducting an active homicide investigation at this time and are pursuing all credible leads,'' Police Chief Darren Britton said in a press release issued Dec. 22.

Family's statement and more at link.

Im hearing things as well .... Right now all speculation at thus point. Theresa did not get to the place where she was found on her own .. In the end it is very saddening

Does anyone have a pretty good suspect in mind? I'm pretty sure we can't say any names... but just wondering who else is on my fairly obvious wave length here.

Does anyone have a pretty good suspect in mind? I'm pretty sure we can't say any names... but just wondering who else is on my fairly obvious wave length here.

It's a no-brainer, IMO.

Why is this case so quiet? I hope and pray that LE is still working on it and that it's considered an active investigation still. RIP Theresa. I pray an arrest will be made soon and justice will be served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back