Alabama - Four dead, dozens more injured after shooting, Birmingham, 22 September 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dotta

Reaction score

"At least four people were killed and dozens more left injured following a mass shooting in Alabama.

Two men and a woman were killed at the scene in the 2000 block of Magnolia Avenue in the Five Points South area near the University of Alabama in Birmingham,
while a fourth victim died at the university's hospital,
Birmingham Police said.

The fatal incident took place just after 11 pm.

Detectives are investigating whether the gunmen walked up to the victims or drove by.

Police believe there may be multiple gunmen responsible for the shooting but no suspects have been arrested.

This is a breaking news story.
More to follow."

"It is believed the shooting was not random
and stemmed from an isolated incident
where multiple victims were caught in the crossfire,
Birmingham Police said.

'We have dozens of gunshot victims from this area,
I'm told at least four of those gunshot victims are life-threatening,
the others have various injuries'.

'Rest assured,
we are going to do everything we possibly can to uncover, identify and hunt down whoever was responsible for preying on our people',
Fitzgerald added."

Last edited:
Police believe Glock switches were used. Those switches are machine gun conversion devices and have been the focus of a recent federal crackdown in Birmingham.

Birmingham Five Points South is an entertainment district with restaurants and nightlife.

Two men and a woman were found unresponsive with gunshot wounds when police arrived, and then more gunshot victims were found. Those three victims died on the scene and another died at the hospital.

At least four of the gunshot victims have life-threatening injuries. The rest have "various injuries," police said.

BBM
Fitzgerald said it appeared multiple shooters fired into a crowd but that it was not clear whether they were on foot or in cars. He said the shooting did not appear random and that officers were trying to determine who was targeted. No suspects were in custody.

1727033331824.png

"Glock switches' (pictured)
are modifications that transform handguns into fully automatic weapons.

They allow pistols to fire continuous on a single pull of the trigger.

They cost about $50, and are easily available.
They can be bought on websites and imported or increasingly manufactured domestically on a 3D-printer.

'These kind of switches make a whole class of weapons particularly lethal,'

said former ATF agent David Chipman.

'These are really catered to criminal and extremist buyers and owners'.

Police believe there may be multiple gunmen responsible for the horrific mass shooting -
but no suspects have been arrested as of Sunday morning."

Last edited:
Thurmond said the shooting was not random and may have stemmed from an alleged murder-for-hire against an individual in the Five Points South entertainment district at the time. No one is in custody, but police are asking for businesses and witnesses to report any information they have

"Police believe the shooting was not random and stemmed from an isolated incident. Multiple people were caught in the crossfire. The intended target was among the dead and police think it was a hit that did not have anything to do with nearby businesses.

A total of 21 people were shot. Police originally stated there were 22 people shot."

First person account here:

“We were kind of far back in the line,’’ said Eslami, who explained he was standing near 20th Street which is a half-block away from the lounge’s front entrance.

“All of the sudden, toward where the entrance is, there were just massive amounts of gunshots, definitely over 100 rounds for sure.”

“In my mind, when it first started happening, I thought they were just shooting at people in the front of the line, but they were shooting up the line,’’ he said."

Does anyone else think that the as-yet-unidentified person who died was the targeted victim?
I read two different names mentioned for him. No, sadly, I think the reason he is not named is he may not be easily identifiable. It was a bloodbath. Out of these 22 injured, some are critically. They may perish, sadly. So whoever was hired, didn’t care how many people he’d kill to get the target. Gangrsters.

This story is local to me. I had just drove through that area on my way home minutes before it happened. It is so scary and senseless. It's been all but confirmed that it was gang related.

Sep 23 '24​

• At least four people were killed and 17 more injured in Five Points South
  • Multiple shooters opened fire just after 11 p.m. on Saturday
  • No suspects are in custody
  • Eleven victims are being treated at UAB Hospital
  • Police believe the shooting was not random and stemmed from an isolated incident
  • Multiple victims were caught in the crossfire
  • Police have set up an evidence submission portal''

On Kyra Purvis’s from ABC News, Burmington, Alabama, Facebook, the fourth person has been named. It is Roderick Lynn Patterson Jr. of Birmingham, Alabama. RIP the victims. And I hope that everyone else survives. Many are in critical condition, it is horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back