Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OSHA, OSHB? Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe?
To federal OHSA, or the New Mexico agency OHSB that prepared this report?
Hope I don't sound picky, in general I am The Grammar Police. jmho ymmv lrr
@Laughing Picky? Mos' def' not too picky. If that's a serious question, maybe this prompted it - Atty Hannah, speaking on behalf of the Rush Prod. Co., iirc, referred to OSHA instead of OSHB. I believe he misspoke.

OSHA (Admin) = fed agency, part of US Dept of Labor.
OSHB = NM's state Occupational Safety & Health Bureau, part of NM's Environment Dept.

Okay. Got ^ it? So how did NM state's OSHB enter fed OSHA's
sphere --- investigating Rust Prod. Co. set in NM; issuing citations; assessing penalties for workplace violations?

- Oversimplified: Fed subcontracts work to some st's, pays $.
-Briefly: Fed. OSHA law authorizes fed OSHA agency to operate workplace safety & health programs; to conduct workplace inspections & investigations; to issue citations; to assess penalties against employers. The state's programs must be at least as effective as fed. program. Fed pays up to 50% of st. program.
- Not so briefly: See * below.
my2ct.

FYI: NM OHSB Rust Workplace Fatality Investigation
New Mexico Environment Department/
Citation and Notification of Penalty
https://www.env.nm.gov/occupational...22/04/2022-04-19-EHD-OSHA-Rust-Citation-2.pdf

Fun fact of the day;):
"According to a report by AFL–CIO, it would take OSHA 129 years to inspect all workplaces under its jurisdiction."**
* "The OSHA Act covers most private sector employers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and other U.S. jurisdictions—either directly through federal OSHA or through an OSHA-approved state plan.
State plans are OSHA-approved job safety and health programs operated by individual states instead of federal OSHA. Federal OSHA approves and monitors all state plans and provides as much as fifty percent of the funding for each program. State-run safety and health programs are required to be at least as effective as the federal OSHA program.
The following 22 states or territories have OSHA-approved state programs: ...New Mexico...[7]"
Occupational Safety and Health Administration - Wikipedia
** Occupational Safety and Health Administration - Wikipedia

Wayback Machine

(from a 2011 pub., not vouching for current accuracy)

Last edited:
New Mexico sheriff releases 'Rust' shooting case files, no decision on charges yet

Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza, who has previously indicated that criminal charges were a possibility in the case, said in a written statement on Monday that all files connected to the investigation were being made public.

He said those files included body-worn and dashboard cameras, crime scene photos, reports, witness interviews and other material.

Looks like his finger is on the trigger to me in those rehearsal shots. Pointing the weapon pretty much at the camera
It sure does look like his finger is inside the trigger and not outside, parallel to the barrel:

Assistant director Dave Halls has always maintained that Baldwin’s “finger was never in the trigger guard” when their cinematographer was killed Oct. 21 on the New Mexico set, his attorney, Lisa Torraco, told ABC News.
“The entire time, Baldwin had his finger outside the trigger guard, parallel to the barrel. [Halls] told me since day one that he thought it was a misfire,” Torraco said.
'Rust' AD backs Alec Baldwin, says he 'didn't pull trigger'

Alec Baldwin's first words to detectives revealed as cops release 'Rust' bodycams, crime scene photos

Alec Baldwin appears on bodycam video telling Santa Fe investigators he felt "no recoil" when he inadvertently fired a .45-caliber Old West revolve in the fatal "Rust" movie shooting that took the life of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in late October.

For some reason I find it hard to believe he felt no recoil from firing a live .45 LC round. Even a lighter load will produce recoil, especially when shooting one handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222