Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't have time? It takes 2 seconds - maybe less to verify that that revolver is unloaded. 2 seconds to ensure the safety of his crew, co-workers, and everyone on that set. 2 seconds. Didn't have time?
Ya that's pretty lame excuse.

Saying it takes too long to insure set safety so we just rush along to get the day's filming done is just not right. JMO.

Good article. Basically, actors are not expected to check guns. It should have been done by the armorer and in this case also by AD who declared the gun to be "cold."

"Added Corrie: “The reason that Alec Baldwin did not check the firearm is because… he’s not given time to do so. It is an understood that when the firearm is handed to him it is in proper working order. And that is the responsibility of the armorer prop master, whoever is in control of the firearms on set. So all the armchair quarterbacks that are sitting back and saying well, Alec Baldwin is responsible because he didn’t check the gun, that’s not the procedure that’s used on set — so stop with that. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the armorer or prop master or whomever is on set in control and responsible for those firearms being available and made ready for each scene.”"

'Rust': Armorers and Propmasters Talk On-Set Gun Safety, What Happened - Variety
BBM - this is my assessment until and unless the investigation finds otherwise.

I prefer to err on the side of compassion when I can. (I'd rather not be wrong after piling onto someone's grief by slinging undeserved mud in their direction during the most unfathomably difficult period of their lives). The armorer's job responsibility in this regard was clear. An actor's - not so much. I await the outcome of the investigation.

From the article:
The 37-year-old has not been seen publicly, but Baldwin was seen in Santa Fe on Sunday, embracing Hutchins' widower Matthew.

I realize we are discussing differing opinions here on AB’s level of responsibility in Halyna’s death, but I do have to give AB credit for personally going to see Halyna’s family.

That had to be a very emotional meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member