Alec Baldwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By all accounts, the Court's first exposure to the tape was on TMZ.

I've not heard of the Court not taking action on any of the many many issues and pieces of evidence Kim and Alec have brought before it over the years.

The tape was presented to the Court on Wednesday and Baldwins visitation was temporarily suspended. TMZ posted it on Thursday.

By all accounts, the Court's first exposure to the tape was on TMZ.

I've not heard of the Court not taking action on any of the many many issues and pieces of evidence Kim and Alec have brought before it over the years.

Harvey Levin stated that TMZ recieved the recording legally and debated whther to run it since it involved a child. They made the decision to run it because Ireland Baldwin wanted it to to be public.

The tape was presented to the Court on Wednesday and Baldwins visitation was temporarily suspended. TMZ posted it on Thursday.

I had read/heard the opposite. That it was on TMZ Thursday and that precipitated an immediate emergency hearing at the Court.

However, that may not be the case - I've read/heard different things about its release.

I had read/heard the opposite. That it was on TMZ Thursday and that precipitated an immediate emergency hearing at the Court.

However, that may not be the case - I've read/heard different things about its release.

Every article I have read basically says this:

The recording, in which Baldwin called his daughter a "rude, thoughtless pig," and accused her of deliberately missing his scheduled phone call, was one of the subjects of discussion Wednesday at a closed-door hearing regarding the actor's visitation rights with the child.
Upon hearing the message, a family court judge ordered Baldwin to temporarily cease all contact with the child pending a May 4 hearing.

Though it was meant to remain confidential, the recording subsequently fell into the hands of TMZ editor Harvey Levin, who published it on his Website Thursday, while refusing to reveal how he obtained it

Every article I have read basically says this:

The recording, in which Baldwin called his daughter a "rude, thoughtless pig," and accused her of deliberately missing his scheduled phone call, was one of the subjects of discussion Wednesday at a closed-door hearing regarding the actor's visitation rights with the child.
Upon hearing the message, a family court judge ordered Baldwin to temporarily cease all contact with the child pending a May 4 hearing.

Though it was meant to remain confidential, the recording subsequently fell into the hands of TMZ editor Harvey Levin, who published it on his Website Thursday, while refusing to reveal how he obtained it

Thanks, Tybee! So the Court immediately revoked visitation before all the public hullabaloo. Seems the Court was doing its job. That's good to know.

I don't know that an 11 year old is capable of sending this tape to TMZ on her own - seems to me she'd need some help. If Kim assisted with this then I :clap: :clap: her!! Ireland must have been just terrified after hearing "I'm gonna straighten your a$$ out".

This is one bully that needs some serious therapy imo.

I switched on the car radio to hear this abuse and at first thought it was some crazy nut having a go at the radio presenter.....until I heard Ireland's age mentioned. It sounded very threatening even when I assumed it was being aimed at an adult, but when it was explained that this bully was aiming his abuse at his eleven year old child I was stunned.
I do hope that Irelands wishes are given priority at the next court hearing. Nobody should have to put up with bullying threats....least of all a child. JMHO
I think Kim probably endured this kind of treatment too while married to this poor excuse for a man.

I switched on the car radio to hear this abuse and at first thought it was some crazy nut having a go at the radio presenter.....until I heard Ireland's age mentioned. It sounded very threatening even when I assumed it was being aimed at an adult, but when it was explained that this bully was aiming his abuse at his eleven year old child I was stunned.
I do hope that Irelands wishes are given priority at the next court hearing. Nobody should have to put up with bullying threats....least of all a child. JMHO
I think Kim probably endured this kind of treatment too while married to this poor excuse for a man.

I hope Ireland's wishes are given ear at the next Court hearing as well.

However, it should be noted that the Court seems to believe and accept at least some of the allegations that the mother is trying to poison the child against the father, so I'm sure this will weigh on whatever decision is made.

In no way am a fan of Baldwin. I think he and Basinger have made a hash of parenting their daughter, and their very public battles are deplorable.

On the other hand, after listening to this, and I am ashamed that I listened to it, I think it is disgusting that anyone released this to the media. I have to guess it was Basinger, and I think it was a low and dirty thing to do, airing this publicly. I actually think that, other than the cuss words used, he was fairly calm, but unmistakeably angry.

I have 3 kids, and I have lost it with them, and said things I should not have said, or reacted in great anger. I am sure I have said things that rival his angry tirade. I have apologized later, and expressed my remorse at my lack of self-control, but I can't say this tape is any worse than my worst angry tirade dished out as a parent.

Do we know what had transpired betwee him and his daughter prior to this phone call?

imho

Great post and very clearly expressed! I too think we are jumping the gun by blasting Baldwin for his response when we don't know the entire story leading up to his phone call.
For those who are ready to hang Baldwin after hearing this message to his daughter, stop first and see if you can't remember how you too got to a point where you lashed out at your child.
To me I hear more frustration in Baldwin's than anger. The games played in post divorce by both parties are wicked.
JMO
JMO

Maybe the Judge should just offer to chop the daughter in half, and let each parent have half of her. :rolleyes:

Ireland is reaching the age where her choices will hold impact with the Courts.

Maybe the Judge should just offer to chop the daughter in half, and let each parent have half of her. :rolleyes:
That won't work because they would argue over which half they would get.

Ah - the wisdom of Solomon!
You caught that. :)

I still blame both parents for this. At 11 or 12 years old, It is up to the mother to be sure her daughter is available for dads preplanned phone calls. Just like she should be sure the daughter remembers her fathers birthday, Fathers Day, etc. You would think ONE of these parents could take the high road, and stop fighting each other every step of the way. But that won't happen, because they hate each other more than they love their daughter.

I've already stated how I feel about this recording:razz: :loser: :razz: , but I wanted to add one more thing that's bothered me about it. I'm being extremely picky, but it's something that my daughter experienced and hasn't forgotten.

Does Alec Baldwin know his daughter's age or not? I don't know her age myself, so I can't say if she's 11 or 12 yrs old. Did she recently have a birthday or is one coming up where I could understand him screwing up her age?

My daughter once rec'd a birthday card from my ex/her dad saying "Happy 8th Birthday!" when she was 10!!!!! We laugh about it now, but she didn't get why he didn't know how old she was back then.

I heard Bo Dietl :sick: on Geraldo last night try to defend Baldwin's actions and he was practically run off the set. He said that the release of the recording to the public was more hurtful to Ireland than anything else. :doh:

Anyone care to wager which parent this child will choose?

Maybe she'll do what Drew Barrymore did as a character in "Irreconcilable Differences" and divorce her parents!

Anyone see a book coming out of this in say, 20 years, ala Tatum O'Neal? "Father Dearest"? :silenced:

This may not come out exactly right, but I'm going to give it a go.

I think, in the limited scope of what I know, that neither mom or dad is doing a bang up job of raising this child. One of the main tenents of a custody order and choosing where the child will go in an initial determination or modification of custody is something along the lines of "the willingness of the parent to nurture the child's relationship with the other parent". Both of these parents, lost in their own venom and spite, have let Ireland down in this department.

I'm kind of ambivelent in who is right in this. Let me explain why. As someone who has been involved in the whole custody thing over the years, I'm not really suprised at this tape.

Your children reach an age where you expect all of the love you've showered upon them and all of the things you've done for them to mean something. You break your back to make their worlds a little better, and you think that it really means something. Then, as soon as they get back in the other home, you are bashed beyond belief. It's not suprising---children sometimes have to mentally survive by identifying with whom they're with at the time, and if one parent is peeved at a loving relationship between the child and the other parent, the nastiness is then passed onto the child.

But there's that age thing again. They're grown up enough for this and that, but when it comes to standing up to the offending parent, they just slump and give in. It's extremely frustrating.

There are conversations I've had with my kids--not custody related-- where I would probably be mortified to see a transcript of or hear a tape of. Teenagers and pre-teens can make you want to bang your head against a wall. Yes, dad went overboard here and let his anger get the best of him, but sadly, I know where's he's coming from.

Sometimes I feel like I've been made a fool of also.

For what it's worth,
FLMom

Aww, poor kid. :( I'm glad you're both able to laugh about it now.

It was SO hard to bite my tongue back then. I only said one negative thing about him in front of her and that was a big mistake! Boy, she got on me! She figured him out by herself in her late teens, and now we talk about it all the time. She's a great kid but is still hurt by her father's actions...or inactions.

That's why I feel sorry for Ireland at this point. If this were a first, I highly doubt we'd have heard about it. I think this is one of many instances where Baldwin has taken his anger out on the little girl. It didn't work with Kim (divorce), so he's trying it out with Ireland. :razz:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom
Back