CA Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AnyNameIWish

Reaction score

A 15yo child has been missing since Tuesday evening in a suburb of LA.

Last seen leaving her home around 5:30pm on her BLUE mountain bike, on her way to aunt's house about 3 miles away.

It's not dark until much later these days so I hope neighbors will check all their Ring doorcams- it's a neighborhood where I think many homes would have such technology set up so I am hopeful they'll find leads.

Last edited:
it's already been 3 days? this is not good
It's 11pm on Thursday in California, so technically it's been 54 hours, not fully 3 days yet. No word on her cell phone, online activity. I am still hopeful she ended up meeting up with an online BF her age or something innocuous.

Mom sounds frantic on the news report and it's hard not to get emotional just watching that. I don't know why it took so long to get the word out, there were flyers posted online but no news reports/official until today.

First news report aired on local news was the local FOX affiliate around 10pm on Thursday night. (SOMEONE pls Remind me how quickly we all heard of Madeline Soto's disappearance?)

Last edited:

A 15yo child has been missing since Tuesday evening in a suburb of LA.

Last seen leaving her home around 5:30pm on her BLUE mountain bike, on her way to aunt's house about 3 miles away.

It's not dark until much later these days so I hope neighbors will check all their Ring doorcams- it's a neighborhood where I think many homes would have such technology set up so I am hopeful they'll find leads.
She was riding a bike. Do we know what route she took? We need to ask people for any home/business camera footage along the most likely routes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719_001410_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240719_001410_Maps.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3
She left home on her bike around 5:30 to go see her aunt who lives about 3 miles away. Agree that she surely could have made the trip to her aunt's house without it even beginning to get dark. If she had had trouble with her bike (flat tire, brakes or gear problem, etc.), or if she had a bad spill, surely someone would have seen it and helped her -- or if she had a phone, she could have called home or called her aunt.
Where is she?
Hoping that we will see good news soon. I don't like this.
Too many days missing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about San Gabriel Valley, CA - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The San Gabriel Valley, often referred to by its initials as SGV, is one of the principal valleys of Southern California, with the city of Los Angeles directly bordering it to the west, and occupying the vast majority of the southeastern part of Los... Wikipedia
At the 2010 census, the population was 39,718.
County: Los Angeles County, California
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the Monterey park Police Department

I'm not from that part of LA but it's a ways from the city itself- I can't imagine being able to leave by train or plane or bus from the San Gabriel Valley (public transit isn't that efficient.) Also... where is her bike????? It's not been found, right? Any mention of a cell phone? By age 15 I would be shocked if she didn't have one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719_002831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240719_002831_Chrome.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 7
She was riding a bike. Do we know what route she took? We need to ask people for any home/business camera footage along the most likely routes.

Assuming Alison was really going to her aunt's house (and at this point there's nothing to suggest she wasn't), it looks like there are hundreds of different routes she could have taken.

But in every case it appears she would have needed to cross the San Bernadino Freeway. So getting any CCTV from the freeway under/overpasses would be a good start to see if she made it that far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back