CA Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most recent image on the tracker map shows Alison heading south on Lomitas Drive towards Via Marisol, but from there it's not yet clear if she turned east or west.

Turning left (east) at the junction of Lomitas and Via Marisol would have taken her south on Via Marisol, as you noted. Turning right would have taken her west towards Monterey Road, Debs Park, the Arroyo Seco bike path, the overpass towards Northeast Los Angeles, or any number of other places.

Which way she turned at the Lomitas/Via Marisol intersection is crucial.
Edited to say: That would indeed be a crucial question. Now I see that what I think was initially described as a sighting on Via Marisol was in fact an image in Lomitas Drive going southbound towards via Marisol.

From the photo, it looks to me as if she's about to turn left and go southbound on Via Marisol.

JMO

Thanks. That would indeed be a crucial question. But can you provide a link to that image? I see one for 6:23pm that's described as heading southbound on Via Marisol. I must be missing something, but I don't see one for after that.

JMO

RBBM

I don't believe any location images of Alison have been posted after the Via Marisol sighting.

I could be wrong.

JMVHO.

Is it possible Alison has a second phone that her parents don't know about? My coworker has a daughter similar in age to Alison, and she recently caught her with a "secret" phone after her phone was taken away/had strict parental controls put on it. Apparently the girl convinced her friend's parents to buy her the phone.
From her bike route, it seems like she has a destination in mind and isn't just biking around aimlessly. Unless the route she took is a route she's taken often/is very familiar with, it seems unlikely she took such a direct path without any navigation/from memory. It could be possible she's run away to a friend's house or something, but I'm concerned she's meeting up with someone she met online.
Definitely! More than likely, she has a burner phone.

RBBM

I don't believe any location images of Alison have been posted after the Via Marisol sighting.

I could be wrong.

JMVHO.
Thanks. I think my confusion is that what I think was initially described as a Via Marisol sighting was actually a Lomitas Drive heading south towards Via Marisol sighting. And then the question is, which direction did she go on Via Marisol? I still think it was southbound, but who knows.

Thanks. That would indeed be a crucial question. But can you provide a link to that image on the tracking map? I see one for 6:23pm that's described as heading southbound on Via Marisol. I must be missing something, but I don't see one for after that.

JMO

The 6:23PM image is the same image you're referring to, but Alison isn't on Via Marisol. She's on Lomitas Drive heading south towards Via Marisol.

downloadyy.png

Alison's Path Tracker

"WE NEED TO KNOW THE NEXT STEP"

But then they put a pause on the organization of further search parties.

The comments on the public helpfindalison page raise more questions tho...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_135438_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_135438_Maps.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 38
Kind of sucks how little it takes for people to become suspicious or turn on others. It is right and fair, IMO, to be cautious about trusting what a missing person’s family says. After all, they are strangers to us. But so too are the internet commenters strangers.

This isn’t as much of an issue on WS, but questions like “Why didn’t the family put out an Amber Alert” increase suspicion of the family without engaging with the actual explanation (families don’t put out Amber alerts and they require specific, unmet, criteria).

Some feel that it is suspicious that efforts to organize search parties have been paused. Maybe it is, but there are many other possible explanations. Here’s one: As Alison’s mother had said, there’s no instructions on what they should be doing. Organizing searches and constantly updating multiple platforms and fielding inquiries from some folks and tips from others all takes a lot of effort. I can’t imagine how taxing it would be to be doing all this while also being emotionally involved. You don’t know if it’s going to work, you don’t know if what you’re doing is the best use of resources.

To think all these updates and sightings are not in real time, but 5 days ago, makes me feel sad.

Ofcourse they are wonderful and super helpful facts and clues of her movements, and could hopefully lead to where she went, her destination etc .

Hoping very much that whatever prompted this bike ride she is safe and ok, the last 5 days and today...and the tomorrows.

The problem with knowing where Alison went after she turned onto Via Marisol, is that it's a wide road with only a few large apartment complexes dotted along it. And most of those are set quite a long way back from the road.

There's probably very little usable camera footage in that area.

Also, any "official" footage (if it exists) probably wouldn't be available on a weekend.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back