CA Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OR…perhaps she was counting on returning in a short time. Leaving it behind may indicate that she shared her location with someone and wanted them to think she was still at the house. Puzzling for sure.
Re: Alison and a cell phone.

There has been no mention in MM about a phone being left at home or elsewhere. She did NOT have one on her bike ride through Monterey Park toward the neighborhood of Fremont Villa in LA. I don't think she had one officially. Whether she had a burner phone is another question. But, mom has never mentioned a cellphone. As a reminder, we have never heard from dad and reports says "father's house" so it's inferred that mom and dad live separately.

"Chao was last seen on Ring video on the evening of July 16 ... from her father’s house in the 200 block of North Ynez Avenue, headed for her aunt’s house in San Gabriel ... "

It's unusual that she left her phone behind. I don't know many 15 year olds that can part with their phones on purpose or on accident.
I wonder if her aunt was expecting her, because if she knew she was coming it would give Alison a small window of time to run away (if she did) before they start worrying.
This has been bugging me too. But if she was communicating with someone online, could he have sent her a cellphone? One she uses to just communicate with him. He tells her to not let anyone know she has it.

I can't remember the exact case, but I remember a child predator doing something similar with his victims.

She may have thought she was communicating with someone her own age, and was going to me him.

I hope I'm wrong. But the passing time is making me nervous.

Apparently people in the area and who know the family said that the mother doesn't let Alison have a phone. This is based off of anecdotes on social media, so I would take this info with a grain of salt. I'm keeping an open mind.

But it's entirely possible if she did have a phone, she left it because she knew exactly where she was going to, didn't want someone specific to track her, and she also knew that she wouldn't really need a phone there (if she was trying to stay with her dad's side of the family, which is what I suspect. Not confirmed though). jmo.

According to Google, turning left on Collis Avenue onto Via Mia, and then turning right (north) up Via Marisol to Fremont Villas is 0.6 miles. Going all the way up Collis Avenue to S Ave 60 before heading south on Lomitas drive and Via Marisol is 1.9 miles.

Aside from being a much longer ride, the route Alison may have taken is also a more dangerous ride with lots of left turns across traffic. Other than perhaps wanting to confuse people who were tracking her, the route doesn't seem to make much sense.

It's terrifying to think that a child can no longer safely go out on a bike ride.
It’s always been that way, unfortunately. Fortunately also rare, but totally horrific. Stranger danger has not actually increased. And I truly, truly, hope to God this is not a case of stranger danger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back