CA Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm feeling a bit out of the loop, but it seems like the vibe initially was excitement over the family's website efforts to track her to....not being as impressed about family efforts to find her??

I'm lost.

jmo
Speaking for myself, I’m starting to feel uneasy because there feels to be major family division that is affecting the search.

Latest Help Find Alison IG post

Speaking for myself, I’m starting to feel uneasy because there feels to be major family division that is affecting the search.

Latest Help Find Alison IG post
Forgive me if it's in this thread, I tried to look through and read all the pages, but what is the division within the family? I know that the parents are not together, and my understanding is she was leaving her Dad's house for her Aunts how.
What information has come out supporting the idea that the family was having problems?

I also have a few other questions. Not directed at you, but if you know please feel free to reply to them. I don't want to clog the feed with a bunch of comments.

1. Do we know where she lived most the time?
    1. Did she split time 50/50 or did she stay with one parent/family member more than the other?
  2. Why was she traveling to her Aunts house?
  3. What was her attitude when leaving the house?
  4. Has the Father provided a written statement?
    1. I understand he has not spoken to media for a recorded interview, but has he provided any information to either LE or media via another method.
  5. What, if anything, has LE said about this missing person?

Thank you all in advance, please again forgive me if any of these questions have been answered.

What, if anything, has LE said about this missing person?

Here’s the link to the official Monterey Park Police Dept’s Instagram page.

In their latest, they themselves say “they are aware of two independent search groups being organized by the family of Alison Chao.”

That alone seems to say there is division…“Two independent search groups”. Yet both are organized by family.

Independent, to me, means they are not in unison or agreement about the search approach or something.

MOO

In their latest, they themselves say “they are aware of two independent search groups being organized by the family of Alison Chao.”

That alone seems to say there is division…“Two independent search groups”. Yet both are organized by family.

Independent, to me, means they are not in unison or agreement about the search approach or something.

MOO

My own interpretation of this, and this is completely MOO and my own speculation, is one parent/side of the family might understand the situation as Alison truly going missing. The other parent/side might have insight or information that leads them to believe she is missing, but is actually somewhere safe.

I'm recalling the recent case of Seraya Aung where she was missing but the grandparents, in their public statements, heavily implied they knew she was tucked away safe somewhere.

i think there’s a lot of speculation about this on social media that we can’t repeat on websleuths! so you didn’t miss anything in this thread. the other questions i unfortunately don’t have answers to.
Interesting, I sadly don't have FB or Instagram. If it's not allowed to be posted here at WS is that because the information lacks credibility? Or some other rule?

MOO
Thanks for the link, it's not loading for me, but I don't have an instagram so that might be the reason.

Thanks for the link, it's not loading for me, but I don't have an instagram so that might be the reason.
I don’t have Instagram or Facebook accounts, either, yet I am able to see some of the public pages.

Here’s the Mont Pk PD statement along with a message in red overlay from the Help Find Alison Instagram page:
IMG_0415.jpeg

I don't think I have ever seen such an effort to get camera footage in any missing case.

Kids don't navigate well without a phone or GPS, I wonder where Alison would know how to get to without those things?

I don't think I have ever seen such an effort to get camera footage in any missing case.

Kids don't navigate well without a phone or GPS, I wonder where Alison would know how to get to without those things?

In response to your BBM question..

Some ideas (MOO) on how Alison could have biked to the last confirmed location (and beyond):

1) Familiarity? Does Alison have any friends or family in that area? Is this area some place she's biked to previously? Or even been driven to multiple times? We haven't heard that Alison stopped or doubled back. Perhaps she was familiar with this location.

2) Requested/Coached? Could someone have asked Alison to come to a specific location? A friend or more concerningly an online person? Could they have given her details on where to meet them?

3) Random? Could Alison simply have set off riding and just gone where her bike led her not giving any thought to the end location?

4) Other? I've tried to think of other scenarios beyond the three above and haven't come up with others yet. We haven't heard about anyone leading or following her. Open to other ideas 100%.

All MOO

Please let Alison be safe.

Some ideas (MOO) on how Alison could have biked to the last confirmed location (and beyond):

1) Familiarity? Does Alison have any friends or family in that area? Is this area some place she's biked to previously? Or even been driven to multiple times? We haven't heard that Alison stopped or doubled back. Perhaps she was familiar with this location.

2) Requested/Coached? Could someone have asked Alison to come to a specific location? A friend or more concerningly an online person? Could they have given her details on where to meet them?

3) Random? Could Alison simply have set off riding and just gone where her bike led her not giving any thought to the end location?

4) Other? I've tried to think of other scenarios beyond the three above and haven't come up with others yet. We haven't heard about anyone leading or following her. Open to other ideas 100%.

All MOO

I've thought predator, but also what if someone accidentally hit her, panicked, and hid bike and her body. It could've happened in an area with no cameras.

All MOO

Well, I am ancient, and we used to have to navigate by an actual paper map book called The Thomas Guide. Everybody had one in their car. Since you can’t look at it while driving, I’d look up the route beforehand, then write down on paper the steps so I could do a quick glance at my written notes while on the road.

“Back in the day” (now I really sound old, lol :p) gas stations used to sell paper maps of the area. Or the Auto Club (AAA).

Coming back to today’s world, libraries have computers the public can access to look up information. Would she dare?

If she has a burner phone with data, she can look up routes.

JMO

Well, I am ancient, and we used to have to navigate by an actual paper map book called The Thomas Guide. Everybody had one in their car. Since you can’t look at it while driving, I’d look up the route beforehand, then write down on paper the steps so I could do a quick glance at my written notes while on the road.

“Back in the day” (now I really sound old, lol :p) gas stations used to sell paper maps of the area. Or the Auto Club (AAA).

Coming back to today’s world, libraries have computers the public can access to look up information. Would she dare?

If she has a burner phone with data, she can look up routes.

JMO
I am ancient like you and we had tiny magnets in our brains like carrier pigeons and could find our way home blindfolded ridding our bikes with no hands- starting in an old abandoned house somewhere.

But I have kids this age and none of them or their friends could walk to school if they had to without their phones. This is not an exaggeration.

This is pretty far for her to go without knowing where she was going. I am just guessing she looked this up on her (phone or laptop) since by all reports she did not have a phone with her, burner or otherwise. I know LE knows to look at those search histories and hopefully they have an idea what he destination might be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back