CA Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A few new tidbits of info from this article: https://ktla.com/news/california/search-intensifies-for-missing-southern-california-girl-15/

"The trip [from dad's house to aunt's house] should have taken about 20 minutes. However, around 8 p.m., Allison’s aunt called her father to say she hadn’t arrived."

This answers the question about whether the aunt was expecting Alison to come over. It seems she was. Alison left her dad's house at 6:20 p.m. and the aunt called at 8 p.m. to say she hadn't arrived.

“If she ran away, which I don’t think she would – she’s not like that, just come home,” pleaded Annie Chao, Allison’s mother. “It’s going to be okay. I just want to make sure that you’re safe. I just want to find her.”

Mom doesn't think Alison would have run away.

Does this indicate LE doesn't think it was an abduction by a stranger?
I think so too because if there was solid evidence of an abduction having taken place, we likely would have seen an Amber Alert issued by now, I suspect. MOO

Edit to add CA Amber Alert criteria:

A few new tidbits of info from this article: https://ktla.com/news/california/search-intensifies-for-missing-southern-california-girl-15/

"The trip [from dad's house to aunt's house] should have taken about 20 minutes. However, around 8 p.m., Allison’s aunt called her father to say she hadn’t arrived."

This answers the question about whether the aunt was expecting Alison to come over. It seems she was. Alison left her dad's house at 6:20 p.m. and the aunt called at 8 p.m. to say she hadn't arrived.

“If she ran away, which I don’t think she would – she’s not like that, just come home,” pleaded Annie Chao, Allison’s mother. “It’s going to be okay. I just want to make sure that you’re safe. I just want to find her.”

Mom doesn't think Alison would have run away.h

The first confirmed camera sighting was at 5:24pm (when she left) (via the alison tracker from alisonchao.com) not 6:20pm. So Aunt should have been expecting her before 6. But didn't call until 8?

The first confirmed camera sighting was at 5:24pm (when she left) (via the alison tracker from alisonchao.com) not 6:20pm. So Aunt should have been expecting her before 6. But didn't call until 8?

This article is where I saw 6:20 pm: Search for 15-year-old girl missing from Monterey Park for nearly a week continues

"Allison Jillian Chao was last seen on Tuesday at around 6:20 p.m. in the 4400 block of Collis Avenue in the El Sereno area, according to the Monterey Park Police Department."

If she was spotted on camera at 5:24, though, I'd be much more inclined to believe that time is accurate as we all know news reports can sometimes get mixed up. The news article may have also meant she was last seen on camera at about 6:20.

I also thought it was interesting the aunt didn't call the dad until 8:00, but perhaps the aunt invited Alison over "after dinner" or "this evening" or at some other non-specific time and then called the dad when Alison hadn't arrived by 8, without knowing her exact departure time.

Mom doesn't think Alison would have run away.

Well..if you really look at what she said, I’m not so sure.

This part, yes: “If she ran away, which I don’t think she would – she’s not like that“

But what about this part: “just come home,” pleaded Annie Chao, Allison’s mother. “It’s going to be okay. I just want to make sure that you’re safe.”

That sounds like something you say to a kid who ran away doesn’t it??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back