All Sauvie Island Searches

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recently-developed information led investigators to conclude there were areas of Sauvie Island that needed to be examined--and in some cases, reexamined--in greater detail.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-searchers-comb-Sauvie-Island-104215589.html

This makes it sound like the new task force has come up with something that wasn't looked at before. I was sure hoping that fresh eyes looking at this case, would come up with something, maybe they have. ?

Yes, me too, I hope fresh eyes see something that will help find Kyron. The island sounds bigger than I thought. The woman in the article said lots of people on the island are keeping their land mowed. She voiced the concern of the locals. Bless them. Nobody's forgetting Kyron.

The searches on Sauvie Island began around June 10 (according the WW article: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/ That article came out on June 17, and they talk about the cell phone pings. So I have a hard time understanding what this was all about a week later. Makes no sense to me.

On June 25, Kaine and Desiree gave an interview and Kaine's answer as to why they were searching Sauvie Island was because they had frequented there, he mentions the Pumpkin patch and then he says "both Terri & I have gone on field trips there". I just listened to that interview again the other day and that part stood out to me so I wrote it down.

Do you think Kaine & Desiree had not heard about the pings? Or did Kaine just not want to believe it? Or are they unsubstantiated? IDK

It has always bothered me that TH was said to be at either the Fred Meyer at Hillsboro or the one out in Beaverton on the day Kyron went missing, because last summer (2009) she darn near ran my husband and I over in the parking lot (accidentally) of the Fred Meyer on Highway 30 (nearest to Sauvie Island) in Scappoose.

The only reason I remembered this was because it was a new red Mustang with RDSQRL vanity plates, and I said to my husband afterward "look, she even has red hair to match her plates".

FWIW

The searches on Sauvie Island began around June 10 (according the WW article: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/ That article came out on June 17, and they talk about the cell phone pings. So I have a hard time understanding what this was all about a week later. Makes no sense to me.

On June 25, Kaine and Desiree gave an interview and Kaine's answer as to why they were searching Sauvie Island was because they had frequented there, he mentions the Pumpkin patch and then he says "both Terri & I have gone on field trips there". I just listened to that interview again the other day and that part stood out to me so I wrote it down.

Do you think Kaine & Desiree had not heard about the pings? Or did Kaine just not want to believe it? Or are they unsubstantiated? IDK

IIRC Kaine and/or Desiree mentioned in one of their interviews that one of the things that Terri had vented about was how her cell phone had pinged somewhere she wasn't. So they knew, IMO.

This interview was given before they came out with their suspicions of Terri so he was trying to answer the question without answering it, IMO.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5601537&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All parent/stepparent interviews[/ame]
Reporter: Let me ask you a little bit about one thing that y'all talked about on TV last night... Was her cell phone pinging in the wrong spot? Is that what they came up with?

Kaine: I don't know.

Desiree: Wellll... we got that from Terri, and Tony was talking about that on the show last night. Terri was venting to that fact, and we need to clarify that.

Reporter: Venting to what fact?

Desiree: That in her meetings with investigators she was indicating that her phone was pinged somewhere where she wasn't.

Reporter: I see.

Desiree: But that's the only way we know that. Investigators didn't tell us that. We have no concrete evidence to say to that.

Reporter: Okay. Allright. So that stays at one source. That's Terri.

IIRC Kaine and/or Desiree mentioned in one of their interviews that one of the things that Terri had vented about was how her cell phone had pinged somewhere she wasn't. So they knew, IMO.

This interview was given before they came out with their suspicions of Terri so he was trying to answer the question without answering it, IMO.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All parent/stepparent interviews

So Terri via Kaine & Desiree & Tony is the unnamed source who said her cell pinged on SI? Mind boggling.

You might already have this here, but it is a map that shows where I think they are searching today. At least it is one of the 4 areas in this new search.

Reeder Rd runs almost all the way up the east side of the island - and is where all the beaches are. Reeder road then intersects with NW Rentenaar Rd and it is a road one has to have a permit to drive on. It is in that area where they want to do further searching.

Here is a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&expIds=17259,26781,26885&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=14&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sauvie+island+farms&fb=1&gl=us&hq=sauvie+island+farms&hnear=Portland,+OR&cid=0,0,12871792931898302516&ei=UQCpTPPMKZDAsAOn7YDQDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQnwIwAQ

PS: You have to move the cursor to locate Reeder road and then follow it up on the map. Just don't stop at the nuddie beach. LOLOLOL

ETA: I just read this on our Scanner thread, Thanks to PDX:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5651155&postcount=510"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Gee, I have to learn how to do that one post thingy. ;}

Reeder Rd runs almost all the way up the east side of the island - and is where all the beaches are. Reeder road then intersects with NW Rentenaar Rd and it is a road one has to have a permit to drive on. It is in that area where they want to do further searching.

Respectfully snipped. BBM.

Does Retenaar Road have an access gate? Or is the permit to which you refer a Wildlife permit purchased upon entering the Island and displayed for day use? How restricted is the access? TIA

(((((hugs to Desiree)))) I feel she knew about the big search this weekend.
Funny though t was scheduled over a Sat/Sun.
Doesn't this cause overtime for SRV services???
On a tight budget?

SBM

The vast majority of SAR work in this country is done by volunteers. Most planned searches take place on weekends so that most volunteers won't have to take time off work to participate.

Sorry for the OT, but I just noticed this error, and it's too late to edit.

Billylee, I am so sorry that I misspelled your name in my earlier post. Ugh...:doh:

Ahhh, that's okay, it's not my real name anyway you know. LOL

free report:
Multnomah County Sheriff is taking down their 'search in progress' sign from the SAR base/SI school.

Does Retenaar Road have an access gate? Or is the permit to which you refer a Wildlife permit purchased upon entering the Island and displayed for day use? How restricted is the access? TIA

I don't know but will try to find out - might not have an answer till tomoz.

I don't know if this article has been posted here yet about today's search, but it is a honey, packed with info and has a great pic of the locale where they are searching today. You can see a big ditch which must hold water and so many of these connect to others, to where you have these swirling shaped water filled areas going north from the tippy top of Sturgeon Lake. I'm still looking for a good detailed map of those 2 ponds off to the west of Rendenaar Rd:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/searchers_will_return_to_sauvi.html

8937062-large.jpg

free will post a photo for you later.
April-October requires a hunting permit to enter the area at the end of Rentenaar.

free report:
Multnomah County Sheriff is taking down their 'search in progress' sign from the SAR base/SI school.

Thanks PDX, Looking at that photo of today's search area it looks like it could be grueling, eh?

free will post a photo for you later.
April-October requires a hunting permit to enter the area at the end of Rentenaar.

Thanks again PDX. I don't know what we would ever do without you here. ;}

Even tho' they say the search is not a result of a new tip or lead, common sense says that there is indeed *something* that prompted it. If not a new tip or lead, perhaps merely a re-focusing on existing info that was missed by the original investigators. They did not go out there for no reason.

It has always bothered me that TH was said to be at either the Fred Meyer at Hillsboro or the one out in Beaverton on the day Kyron went missing, because last summer (2009) she darn near ran my husband and I over in the parking lot (accidentally) of the Fred Meyer on Highway 30 (nearest to Sauvie Island) in Scappoose.

The only reason I remembered this was because it was a new red Mustang with RDSQRL vanity plates, and I said to my husband afterward "look, she even has red hair to match her plates".

FWIW

That's very interesting to know that she used the store in Scappoose, I always wondered about that.

Thanks PDX, Looking at that photo of today's search area it looks like it could be grueling, eh?
Thanks again PDX. I don't know what we would ever do without you here. ;}

Grueling indeed. :( At least it is all dry out there right now, it was really awful in the spring.
heheh.. what you'd do without me is wait a few for free to get home, I think she's on her way now. I'll let her post the rest of the report. :)

Interesting. In this video there is a quote where they say Police say they are not searching for any one piece of new information just being thorough.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-searchers-comb-Sauvie-Island-104215589.html

OK after the video is over and the Newsperson comes back on she ends the segment like this...

"Reliable sources tell news channel 8 that the investigation recently uncovered information that prompted them to examine new areas of Sauvie Island and go back over areas they already searched."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back