All Sauvie Island Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey scandi, can you get me some fresh berrries? :D Thanks!

OT:angel:

Thank you Scandi and all involved in this little side track! I just went and got some fresh ,ripe Strawberries to eat.

Sorry-now back to your regular programming....:angel:

Are there private properties on SI?

Yes, there are farms, businesses, house boats, etc. There is quite a bit of info. on Sauvie that was on the search threads here in the first weeks, and a number of maps have been posted, so I assume there are some of those in that thread, also. There is also a media interview from the first week, done with a well known owner of a Sauvie Island farm who also is a parent of a student at Skyline. Other than his interview, he has not been named in connection with this case in any way, so it would be best to locate the website for his farm by Google search, if anyone is interested.

jmo

Info on Sauvie Island
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauvie_Island[/ame]

Pix from Gwenabob:
http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Sauvie Island/

Photos of what island looks like; pulled from:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=411"]Kyron Horman Reference Forum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

cb9f4060.jpg

72177402.jpg

SIFig5.jpg

They are saying she did bank transactions that morning?If so,I wonder how much was taken out,it was a Friday,maybe payday.So,they're looking at grocery store video,also,I don't get why they didn't have that already.Or did they,but they want it put out in public they're looking at some things.SI is where they'd go to the pumpkin patch.

BTW
All you girls living around Portland,I'm so jealous of you.I've seen so many blogs where they get great antiques and refurbished cottage furniture at shoppes in that area. :)

I think I understand that she pinged there, lied about where she was, and failed lie detector tests.

I do not understand why searches stopped. There must be a lot we don't know.

Is it true your cellphone pings even if you're not using it?So she was last seen in the classroom at 8:15 by Zimmerman and was at home when Kaine got home around 1 to 1:30.I wonder if she has any friends in the area of the Island and isn't one of the fitness gyms around there,also?He said she had her gym outfit on and had the baby with her.I wonder if they looked under the truck and checked tires to see if there was anything on it that could be from the Island woods and such. They sure searched that Island for quite awhile.

Is it true your cellphone pings even if you're not using it?

Yes, absolutely. It even can provide ping information when it's turned off. As long as the battery is in the phone, the phone is 'broadcasting' its location to a cell tower.

The only way to not have a phone pinging your whereabouts is to

1. Leave your cell phone somewhere stationary and not anywhere on you or in your car (like leave it @ home) or

2. Don't have a cell phone in the first place!

I had no idea it was that close to the Columbia Rver. yikes.

My heart just sank :( Columbia River is huge and although I know Portland is right there, I just never thought of it before until you mentioned it.

*REPORTEDLY* cell phone pings tracked Terri to Sauvie Island that morning.
WHAT is on SI that would connect Terri?

Interesting info on Sauvie on this site http://www.littlesongs.com/myth.html

For untold millenia, men and women were born here to be free, have families and put down roots.
Time was spent trading, fishing or harvesting native potatoes, berries and wild tobacco.
They were an ancient, generous and loving nation, but it was to be their undoing.
Two-hundred years ago, the people of Wappato shared dinner with a starving Lewis and Clark expedition.

Before long, the land gave way to a new name and different kind of citizen.
One sick sailor on a trading ship killed almost the entire Multnomah tribe.
By 1845 or so, all of the Willamette Valley was without many Natives, because of illness, not war.
Thousands of years of history came to an end.
Perhaps it is only a dark coincidence, but after a few years of sending the world west,
Meriwether Lewis commited suicide.

Beyond the sacred oaks, a successful dig near Sam's Cracker Barrel and a few isolated finds,
the last remnant of Wappato is a huge block carved from granite.
A magical monolith illustrated with the powers of the gods.
One day, it was pushed over the bank into the channel by an impatient farmer.
Never to be found again.
You can still feel troubled spirits on Sauvie Island.
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
There are other stories and articles online about the native amer. on Sauvie: The settlements date back 5000 yrs or longer according to one archaelogists. There was a lot of death there acc. to archaelogical evid.
During the previous two subperiods, a portion of the population was buried in the shell middens, in both residential and nonresidential sites. In some instances at least, these interments appear to have been immediately behind the dead's household.

Read more: The Northwest Coast of North America - Early Period (11,000–5500 b.p.) http://www.jrank.org/history/pages/6377/The-Northwest-Coast-North-America.html#ixzz0tQMyFkPU

I feel in my heart Kyron is either on the Island now or was when the event of betrayal occurred.

These musings were inspired by Tuba's star charts for TH and Kyron.
I feel the universe shifted around this event.

*REPORTEDLY* cell phone pings tracked Terri to Sauvie Island that morning.
WHAT is on SI that would connect Terri?

1. Kyron' body

2. Physical evidence

3. A place to go to throw LE off knowing her cell would ping there (having already disposed of Kyron closer to school & home).

4. Vegetation/Soil under her vehicle, tires, shoes.

5. Video Surveillance (remote chance but, possible)

There's five that I can think of...

We just went out to Sauvie for a couple of hours, poodling around & went to a couple of nurseries we like. Naturally we were chatting about Kyron's case... for one thing, you pass several of the billboards on the way; his face is everywhere.

A couple of things of note: The roads are SO narrow, on most of the island. There are not ample places to pull over on the side of the road. In fact, very few. The other thing is a reminder of how busy it is out there. Naturally on a nice weekend day, but there's working farms out there, there are people around, even on week days. While it is a way from town, it's by no means deserted.

We just went out to Sauvie for a couple of hours, poodling around & went to a couple of nurseries we like. Naturally we were chatting about Kyron's case... for one thing, you pass several of the billboards on the way; his face is everywhere.

A couple of things of note: The roads are SO narrow, on most of the island. There are not ample places to pull over on the side of the road. In fact, very few. The other thing is a reminder of how busy it is out there. Naturally on a nice weekend day, but there's working farms out there, there are people around, even on week days. While it is a way from town, it's by no means deserted.

I was thinking this too, but I wonder how deserted it would be on a rainy Friday.

I've been out there a couple of times since this all started. Once I drove around the main roads trying to decide where I could quickly dump something I wanted to secretly get rid of. There are lots of places with high brush on the side of the road. It might work if you were in an area without much traffic. Of course, if you knew the island, you could find a more deserted place.

Overall, the island kind of creeps me out. Last time I was there, I could not wait to get off of it. Probably just because of this case, since I used to pick berries there all the time as a kid and loved it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back