All Sauvie Island Searches

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait! Isn't Sauvie Island where one of Kyron's friends lived on a houseboat? And either his stepfather or step-grandfather is a retired police officer? No, no...not Mountain Dale.....aaargh. Must research files.

Help!
Wait?
Huh? School children usually have friends that live in dozens of different areas around their town. Having a friend that lives on Sauvie is not the best reason to be suspicious about Sauvie, IMO.

bump for information on Sauvie Island but please post about today's search on that thread. if it gets confusing we can always merge.

Well if that Time Oil Rd call is unrelated I just wasted an hour, because I have been sleuthing that location as much as I can from here at my desk. Heh. Looks like it's the Terminal 4 for the Port of Portland, and the big warehouse there is not in use right now, as it is up for sale. Eeenteresting...

How would we know anything about where one of Kyron's friends live? And what their grandfather did for work? Would that not be sleuthing a minor?

Wait?
Huh? School children usually have friends that live in dozens of different areas around their town. Having a friend that lives on Sauvie is not the best reason to be suspicious about Sauvie, IMO.

Ooops, sorry if that post was confusing.. Not saying that I'm suspicious about Sauvie (but apparently LE is,or at least has some concerns, since they're searching there again).

Just having a memory blip of how SI is specifically related to the case.Figured I'd grab the blip while it was on the radar screen. CRS syndrome does kick in!

How would we know anything about where one of Kyron's friends live? And what their grandfather did for work? Would that not be sleuthing a minor?

If memory serves Grandmaj, in the beginning, there was lots of talk about this very area, boat, friend,etc....I skipped over it but do remember hearing lots about it I believe even here. I could be wrong as usually I am:angel:

I was reading somewhere--or maybe it was a TV video? I can't quite remember. As friend Puf recently noted when she had a memory meltdown, sometimes--there's so much info--it's hard to remember just where we read something.

Aha! Here's one MSM link from KOIN:

He's also mentioned by KPTV, as well as other media outlets?

http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

Hi grandmaJ, I see you removed the link to the KOIN story. I'm sorry if I goofed. But hasn't that video been included in posts before? It is a MSM interview, aired on TV. I guess I'm not clear about using MSM if they interview a minor. And quotes from him have appeared in several media. Please clarify, TIA.

I have three grown kids and one almost-grown kiddo which have put over one hundred thousand miles on my old Jeep. This is definite proof that lots of kids have friends that live all over the city. :D

Well if that Time Oil Rd call is unrelated I just wasted an hour, because I have been sleuthing that location as much as I can from here at my desk. Heh. Looks like it's the Terminal 4 for the Port of Portland, and the big warehouse there is not in use right now, as it is up for sale. Eeenteresting...

Please tell us about what you know about Terminal 4 and the big warehouse. Were they ever searched? Is the big warehouse private or public property? Has anyone seen evidence markers anywhere on Sauvie Island, Hillsboro, or near Skyline School? TIA

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5357879&postcount=48"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here[/ame]

Houseboat

Do NOT mention minors other than Kyron. Not his classmates, his family or any other minor in the whole wide world. You can link to a major news media site and discuss what is written on the site, but do not copy over the minor's name or pictures to this forum.

They are kids!!! Respect that. I have zero tolerance when it comes to minors. Please know that.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5312059&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here[/ame]

We repeatedly removed information from the forum about this particular minor other than what he said in MSM.

The rest was promptly removed.

I am feeling that this search is just a follow-up on earlier seaches, and that LE really has no idea where Kyron may be...but it does not give me confidence that they feel he is alive.

I don't know much about search and rescue. Would it be unusual to be able to pull together an effort involving 100+ people with a couple hours' notice? Or would that typically be something that was in the works for days if not weeks?
My hubby saw it happening at 7am...said he saw SAR crews from many counties...not just MCSO. This had to have been somewhat planned.

It's difficult to tell how quickly this could have been put together; free & I just spoke about this.
Like Cyclemama says, there are multiple counties out there. Yamhill and Columbia are two mentioned specifically.
SAR personnel are all volunteer, but they are volunteers 'on the ready'.. it's not like when I don't feel like going to do neighborhood cleanup with my group. When they get the call, I imagine they go.

Keep in mind, the waters are very very recessed right now...at the end of summer. The waters will be at their Lowest for the year and lowest tide on October 8th. They may have had a tip or are coming back to go back over areas that were previously submerged.
This could be because the water is so very low out there right now...what used to be small lakes now looks like mud flats...maybe they are just giving it one last massive look.
I mentioned your posts to her; she wanted you to know the searches are more interior than river and more road based than field.

OK Kat. Let's review. I know this is confusing.

We can use MSM if a minor says something. We have from day one. We cannot identify the minor with full name. We can link to the article. We cannot bring the picture of the minor here.

Embedded videos with the picture and name of the minor are not to be linked.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm just glad they are searching. Whether it is from new info or not. Whether it is just SOP and a follow up on previous searches.

So many of our missing children, once the initial searches are completed, don't have further searches.

Kyron could come home today. He might not. But each and every single search tells them where Kyron is more than likely not located. IMHO, it narrows it down just an iota.

Boy! I sure do hope they find him today. If they don't I hope that a hunter or fisherman finds something soon. I can't bear to think of another child out there never to be brought home again :(

Prayers for Kyron and his family. Come home soon baby boy.

OK Kat. Let's review. I know this is confusing.

We can use MSM if a minor says something. We have from day one. We cannot identify the minor with full name. We can link to the article. We cannot bring the picture of the minor here.

Embedded videos with the picture and name of the minor are not to be linked.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for clarifying. And I keep forgetting--CRS syndrome again!--that if I use a YouTube link it embeds. AAAARGH! I should have remembered to use links as were done in this prior mention:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106904&page=15

BeanE, as always, gives us a great list of resources--and does it right. I gotta remember: no YouTube! No! No!:woohoo:

Just some thoughts re: Big Picture as a result of this latest search.
1) The case is not cold.
2) At least *some* of the MSM reporting (cell phone pings) and unsubstantiated rumors (can't list those here) might be true.
3) LE and numerous volunteers are devoted to solving this case.
4) WS has some kick-*advertiser censored* local folks "on the ground" willing to spend one of the last beautiful blue days in the PNW keeping us up to speed. (Do I need to add "IMO" to that?)

Please tell us about what you know about Terminal 4 and the big warehouse. Were they ever searched? Is the big warehouse private or public property? Has anyone seen evidence markers anywhere on Sauvie Island, Hillsboro, or near Skyline School? TIA

Can I just say this, about that?

puggles.. thank you so much for reporting that over here and having a look.
However, if one thinks about that *area*, doesn't the waterfront make much more sense to you?
My uh-oh about it was not for a building, but for being directly across the river from previously heavily searched beach areas.

Pensfan, there is search tape all over NW Portland now, all colors of the rainbow.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5392105&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sauvie Island[/ame]
just thinking that Kaine said SI had happy family thoughts.............

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon86
Back