All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I think they will put the blame for Casey's odd behaviors & check cashing on a drug addiction.

Judge Karen Mills on JVM saying Jose's motions are not correct based on FL law, JVM says Jose "shaking his head" off camera but doesn't want to respond. LOL, wonder who is right?!

Let's see Judge Karen Mills ooooorrrrr, JB. I'll guess the judge from Miami. JS must be banging his head against the wall.

Oh, I agree with you completely. The really sad thing is IF, by some miracle, she were to get off, she would be free to sell her story to the highest bidder. She would be the one raking in the money rather than her parents. And I don't think for a second she would share a penny of it with them. She would be laughing all the way to the bank and probably wouldn't give two hoots about who thought what about her....

JB SHOULD be telling her all the things you stated in your post, preparing her for what might be to come. That's what I always thought a defense attorney should do - prepare their client for all outcomes.

That laugh thing is creepy, isn't it?

BBM-After she serves up to 45 years for the check fraud convictions.

Judge Karen Mills on JVM saying Jose's motions are not correct based on FL law, JVM says Jose "shaking his head" off camera but doesn't want to respond. LOL, wonder who is right?!

I heard same thing and just posted about it on motions thread.

Here is a link to the Williams Rule Karen Mills was referring to, in regards to Motion of Prior Bad Acts (of DEFENDANT, not WITNESS!)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Rule[/ame]

Three Cheers..... finally someone on JVM speaking their mind, instead of tip-toeing around......Judge Karen Mills-Francis asked why Jose B. even bothered coming on the show, where he basically couldn't answer anything, and then she alluded to his "Grand Standing":croc:

hahahahha - JB - a motion in limine means "M..O..T..I..O..N T..O E..X..C..L..U...D..E.." that was priceless from the Judge on JVM. Also, it is a prosecutorial move to file a motion to admit prior bad acts for a DEFENDANT....never has she seen it done for a witness and she was also a criminal prosecutor for 14 years before taking the bench.
JB is a J......O.....K....E

OK, I had skipped out on JVM, didn't want to hear Joses mouth...but now I think I'd better catch the rerun on You tube ! This would be worth hearing !

Search4truth, yeah, you gotta watch it. I was pleasantly surprised. I've never been a fan of this show (why does Jane have to keep yelling at me??), but she *did* ask the hard questions. He didn't answer them, of course, but she did.

Blaise

OK, I had skipped out on JVM, didn't want to hear Joses mouth...but now I think I'd better catch the rerun on You tube ! This would be worth hearing !

Definitely worth it, ....I don't think Jane hit him hard at all. It was only at the end when Judge Karen Mills-Francis took him down...

I missed the Judge's part on JVM, I was so furious I had to turn the show off listening to JB. But THANK GOD someone is saying this on TV! JVM isn't a lawyer, right? Explains why he'd go on her show but not NG.

Also, the show wasn't live. I bet that was a condition of him appearing.

The whole spiel about the Bella Vita tatoo by JB was nothing but comical....uhhh...Who knows why anybody does anything...I can't speak for my client as to what or why....uhhhhh......

I missed the Judge's part on JVM, I was so furious I had to turn the show off listening to JB. But THANK GOD someone is saying this on TV! JVM isn't a lawyer, right? Explains why he'd go on her show but not NG.

NG would chew him up and spit him across the room

He sure does pick and choose which questions he wants to answer...it's infuriating ! Just looking at him made me so mad I turned the channel. I noticed, when I was listening to him today question one of Roy's
ex-wives, just the sound of his voice made my blood boil. He wasn't even on camera and he irritated me so badly !

He sure does pick and choose which questions he wants to answer...it's infuriating ! Just looking at him made me so mad I turned the channel. I noticed, when I was listening to him today question one of Roy's
ex-wives, just the sound of his voice made my blood boil. He wasn't even on camera and he irritated me so badly !

And believe it or not...that alone can make or break a jury verdict. People are human, and if the attorney is unlikable, it plays a huge part on how successful his case will be. :D

I heard same thing and just posted about it on motions thread.

Here is a link to the Williams Rule Karen Mills was referring to, in regards to Motion of Prior Bad Acts (of DEFENDANT, not WITNESS!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Rule

And FWIW, the Rules of Evidence (laws enacted by each state governing evidence law) specifically separate defendants and other witnesses. Example:

404. Character Evidence Not Admissible to Prove Conduct; Exceptions.
(a) Character Evidence Generally...
(1) Character of Accused. ...
(2) Character of Alleged Victim. ...
(3) Character of Witness. ...

JB thinks its "chose your own adventure" instead of "follow the applicable law"

And believe it or not...that alone can make or break a jury verdict. People are human, and if the attorney is unlikable, it plays a huge part on how successful his case will be. :D

Exactly. The best advice I've received thus far was from a senior partner on my first day of work who told us baby lawyers: "Litigation is theatre. When you are in the courtroom, you want every juror to fall in love with you. You want to be George Clooney or Julia Roberts. You want to be impeccably polite to everyone from the judge, to the court officers, to the security guards at the entrance. You must be cognizant at all times that your demeanor affects what the jurors hear you say, and how they hear it. Jurors are people. And people, subconsciously at least, are partial to who they like."

does anyone know if this is up on Youtube yet (the JVM interview)?

Exactly. The best advice I've received thus far was from a senior partner on my first day of work who told us baby lawyers: "Litigation is theatre. When you are in the courtroom, you want every juror to fall in love with you. You want to be George Clooney or Julia Roberts. You want to be impeccably polite to everyone from the judge, to the court officers, to the security guards at the entrance. You must be cognizant at all times that your demeanor affects what the jurors hear you say, and how they hear it. Jurors are people. And people, subconsciously at least, are partial to who they like."

I think someone missed that speech....all eight times he was working towards the Bar exam....

Three Cheers..... finally someone on JVM speaking their mind, instead of tip-toeing around......Judge Karen Mills-Francis asked why Jose B. even bothered coming on the show, where he basically couldn't answer anything, and then she alluded to his "Grand Standing":croc:

I turned it off in disgust before that happened. Typical- I missed the only person who does any plain speaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487