Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
really there was nothing to suggest that GBC was domestic in any sense of the word. Hooray he did the P&C and the Chamber of Commerce and the Scouts representation . But what did he do for his family that would have been seen as something worthwhile and conducive to improving their well being.

Let's not forget his week in purgatory minding his own children, whilst his dear wife was away enjoying some space, forever logged on his sanctimonious blog...:moo:

Marly don't you think his cooking BBQ was just his way of being in the throes of everyone and showing off? It wasn't for his family...

I absolutely agree Liaden...this "burger man" was just in puffed out chest look at me mode to the local community. Although I do think the actual cooking of these burgers was probably someone elses job...lol.

I wanted to ask Dr Watson if he had any thoughts about sociopaths and could enlighten us - I know this might not be his field but he, along with Strangeworld and Pulps might be able to fill us in on the Anti-social personality and whether people with this have the ability to feel pain as long as it is their own, not others etc.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the delay in replying - real world stuff again...! ;)

Psychiatry is not my field at all, and to be honest, my knowledge of it is based on what I recall from my general hospital days, and what I have learned by experience while dealing with patients. I wouldn't put myself in the position of having any greater knowledge than anyone else here who has just general life experience, except that perhaps I can put long fancy names on a couple of things.

I'll bow to the greater expertise of those trained in psychology and/or psychiatry.

I'm happy to contribute expertise in those areas for which I have it, or in those areas where I am in a position to find out. but psychiatry ain't one of those, I'm afraid.

Most of the time, I have related to my patients and their families using a combination of common sense, genuine empathy, and plain talking. I haven't tried to analyse their personality types apart from what may have been obvious.

So I won't even attempt to spoof my way through an answer to your question Mani..... sorry :blushing:

I absolutely agree Liaden...this "burger man" was just in puffed out chest look at me mode to the local community. Although I do think the actual cooking of these burgers was probably someone elses job...lol.

Oh Marly give the poor man a break. You know how it is when you are on call 24/7 running from house to house

Oh Marly give the poor man a break. You know how it is when you are on call 24/7 running from house to house

Yes that's right he was ever so busy with houses. But continue the sentence ..."with his girlfriends"...lol..

I'm not pro GBC. I'm anti rumour and comments making fun of people involved in the case. I'm anti assumptions made on feelings of people who have never stepped into the BC house let alone having met them. I'm anti making assumptions based on flawed information with personalisation.

I agree about never having stepped into the BC house or met them. Have you?

I wonder how you know this is 'flawed information with personalisation'?
These days his false sounding texts on that morning about making lunches are very real and you are confusing me.

Speaking of DNA/forensics, I was looking through some old reports today & remembered this interesting info & I've bolded the parts which are interesting although he may be just speaking generally about bodies in water.

May 01, 2012

Now forensic investigators must try to determine what killed her and how - something made much more challenging by the 11 days her body has spent submerged in water.

With the weekend's heavy rain prompting concerns the body had washed downstream to its final resting place, it has almost certainly suffered through harsh environmental conditions.

One of Queensland's leading forensic experts, Dr Paul Bennett of Queensland University of Technology's clinical school, said the biggest obstacle for officers was the body's level of decomposition.

He said that even though the case was now being treated as a homicide, all potential causes of death must be considered.

"The body's got to get there one way or another so there's always an entry point and an exit point," he said.

"That's really where a lot of it will start. The scenes-of-crimes officers will spend a good deal of time breaking down the natural environment to look for the entry and exit points -that's very critical.

"Typically, there'll be attempts to look at the site for trace evidence in and around it."

Dr Bennett, who works for Queensland Police Service as a forensic consultant and was involved in the Daniel Morcombe case, said the investigation would take weeks, possibly months, to conclude and the water temperature would make it more difficult.

"Part of the reason the body's put in the water is to conceal as much trace evidence as possible," he said."

But then getting in and out of the scenes where evidence is going to be left - everywhere from the premises to the scene and in between - will be assessed pretty much.

"Any of those investigations are going to take a period of time for the pathologist to really analyse the body and get a really good understanding of the cause of death.

"Sometimes it's obvious and other times it's painstakingly slow."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343152532

Thanks for this Marly. I don't recall reading it before.

I find the following snippet from the article very interesting. I would also reckon on evidence from the scene being found at the premises. I wonder if forensics have checked drains and water pipes in the house. If GBC allegedly dumped Allison's body, he would probably have had a shower to remove mud, flora etc. I'm not too impressed with the last part of the quote though. "- will be assessed pretty much". It shouldn't be "pretty much", it should be entirely.

BBM and IMO.

But then getting in and out of the scenes where evidence is going to be left - everywhere from the premises to the scene and in between - will be assessed pretty much

On that note, I wonder if GBC WAS actually dressed for work as claimed in that text, when the police showed up? I wouldn't put it past him to have forgotten that, upon sending such a text, he should actually appear to be dressed for work.

Yep, this is something I've thought about from the start, long before we'd learned that GBC mentioned in his text to Allison that he was dressed. If he was in fact dressed for work, did police ask him what he was wearing the night before? Did they confiscate this clothing as well as shoes? If he was dressed casually when police arrived, the text message to Allison (when accessed by police) would have been one more nail in the door of his jail cell!

MOO.

I find the following snippet from the article very interesting. I would also reckon on evidence from the scene being found at the premises. I wonder if forensics have checked drains and water pipes in the house. If GBC allegedly dumped Allison's body, he would probably have had a shower to remove mud, flora etc. I'm not to impressed with the last part of the quote though. "- will be assessed pretty much". It shouldn't be "pretty much", it should be entirely.

BBM and IMO.

I took this to mean that yes, pretty much everywhere will be assessed. Not that it will just be pretty much asssessed. at least, I hope that's what he meant, surely a forensic guy...??

Good Evening Everyone. After reading the many thousands of posts since the beginning I am very excited to finally be amongst you.

This case is extremely tragic with so many people affected. The six degrees of separation to the parties involved is just crazy. It is amazing the amount of people who have crossed paths with these ordinary Brisbane families involved in some way over the years.

I commenced my Accounting Career with KPMG at the same time as Gerard did. Even though I worked in the Gold Coast office, all our training was together in Brisbane. We had a great group of Grads that year and got to know each other quite well.

Up until recently I have always held Gerard in very high esteem and honestly believed he was one of the "good" ones who would make it in this world. He was a charasmatic "big picture" guy whilst I am a little "worker bee". It would not have surprised me in the slightest if he had ended up in Politics. His life seemed so full of promise.

After conferring with some of my former colleagues, not one had any idea that he never finished his Chartered Accountant qualification like the rest of us. He managed to fool us all.

Our paths crossed again in the late 90's when I joined Flight Centre to have a change from the long hours of Corporate Finance. In hindsight, it was probably Allison who employed me. It was lovely to run into Gerard again and he appeared to be very successful - just as I had always thought he would be. I didn't really know Allison, other than as Gerard's lovely fiance.

I am still struggling to come to terms with the possibility that the man I once knew & held in high esteem many years ago could possibly be capable of doing something so horrible. Power, money, greed & pride are terrible things and truly do corrupt. Keeping "face" becomes more important than being real and just admitting one's struggles. It could have all been so different.

My heart constantly goes out to their precious girls, but thankfully they are now in the loving care of Allison's family.

RIP Allison, may your love continue to shine on your precious girls from heaven.

I find the following snippet from the article very interesting. I would also reckon on evidence from the scene being found at the premises. I wonder if forensics have checked drains and water pipes in the house. If GBC allegedly dumped Allison's body, he would probably have had a shower to remove mud, flora etc. I'm not to impressed with the last part of the quote though. "- will be assessed pretty much". It shouldn't be "pretty much", it should be entirely.

BBM and IMO.

They were on to the sceptic systems very early on. First place they would have looked for the phone is in the plumbing at the scene. IMO. It would have been done carefully

6. Send 'loving texts' to my angel wife.

7. Try and have my daily constitutional before the cops knock at the door. (oh no but better ring the Dickies and say 'Allison went for a walk and didn't come back"

They were on to the sceptic systems very early on. First place they would have looked for the phone is in the plumbing at the scene. IMO. It would have been done carefully

BBM

I have to LOL at this one.....

Good Evening Everyone. After reading the many thousands of posts since the beginning I am very excited to finally be amongst you.

This case is extremely tragic with so many people affected. The six degrees of separation to the parties involved is just crazy. It is amazing the amount of people who have crossed paths with these ordinary Brisbane families involved in some way over the years.

I commenced my Accounting Career with KPMG at the same time as Gerard did. Even though I worked in the Gold Coast office, all our training was together in Brisbane. We had a great group of Grads that year and got to know each other quite well.

Up until recently I have always held Gerard in very high esteem and honestly believed he was one of the "good" ones who would make it in this world. He was a charasmatic "big picture" guy whilst I am a little "worker bee". It would not have surprised me in the slightest if he had ended up in Politics. His life seemed so full of promise.

After conferring with some of my former colleagues, not one had any idea that he never finished his Chartered Accountant qualification like the rest of us. He managed to fool us all.

Our paths crossed again in the late 90's when I joined Flight Centre to have a change from the long hours of Corporate Finance. In hindsight, it was probably Allison who employed me. It was lovely to run into Gerard again and he appeared to be very successful - just as I had always thought he would be. I didn't really know Allison, other than as Gerard's lovely fiance.

I am still struggling to come to terms with the possibility that the man I once knew & held in high esteem many years ago could possibly be capable of doing something so horrible. Power, money, greed & pride are terrible things and truly do corrupt. Keeping "face" becomes more important than being real and just admitting one's struggles. It could have all been so different.

My heart constantly goes out to their precious girls, but thankfully they are now in the loving care of Allison's family.

RIP Allison, may your love continue to shine on your precious girls from heaven.

Thank you Fly on the Wall for your personal insights about your connections with GBC. Very interesting how you worked with him in 2 different organisations.

BBM and IMO.

I agree re the "pretty much" although I do think he should have just left that out or used, as you said, "entirely". But yes that was an interesting report...one point being, by the way it's worded, her body was in water for the 11 days & not in a dry area near or next to the creek.

I think forensics would have checked out the whole kaboodle...drains, tanks, shoes, floor of car as well as vacuum cleaner bag for any evidence of mud, flora etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius