Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to the doco on DV - It was shocking that Andrea Pickett went to police so many times in fear for her life and they did either nothing or very little.

Didn't they say that about 50% of all murders in Aus are domestic violence situations Rational? I'm sure that was the figure, which is just outrageous!

Yes Laura that was the figure. Outrageous is the word!! So so terrible sad!

I really hope so Marly. I know several of you that live in Brookfield saw the activity there the other week. If anyone sees any evidence of the Dickies getting things for the girls, I would love to know that. I feel worried that the BC's are planning ahead.

Someone last week said the place is now cleared out and flowers all gone. IF the BC seniors did plan to give the things to the girls, would they have taken them home to their place? is that what you mean Marly?

Have the girls settled back into the Brookfield school?

Have the girls settled back into the Brookfield school?

They are back at school and I have it on good authority that the house is slowly coming together. I have heard though, that the Dickies are having a difficult time.

I guess I have to say MOO

Ha Ha, silly me. I thought they were a pair of silver rings - as in love - think I need new glasses. :what:

You were close.....They are handy bangles......can be used for many things.

Hi Marlywizz, do you know what the green dots mean beside our user names. Usually they are blue. A couple of us have green ones at the moment. Its not like a naughty green dot is it???

The green dot means we are online alioop, blue offline, or logged in/logged out, well I think that's it anyway lol

Thanks Lauramars, at least thats one mystery solved.

They are back at school and I have it on good authority that the house is slowly coming together. I have heard though, that the Dickies are having a difficult time.

I guess I have to say MOO

Very, very difficult for them.

Unexpected occurrence of daughter missing - shock/stress
Body of daughter found (unexpected murder) - dealing with major shock and grief
Accused is son-in-law - major shock/anger.
Children are left without mother & father - trauma.
Children are now being cared for by them, elderly grandparents - major adjustment, combined grief and shock for all and burden of unexpected expectations of meeting their VERY fragile ongoing needs.
Dickies had to move - major stress and adjustment.
Dickie's have to deal with ongoing investigation and tidying up Allison's affairs - major stress.
Health problems - Dickies dealing with emotional fallout of grief that often creates havoc on elderly physical bodies.
Total life change for entire family of Dickies and Allison's children - anxiety.

Not to mention the many things I haven't had time to write here but feel sure you'd all get my drift as to how unfair, cruel and difficult this is for them and the girls.

I bet the senior BCs do feel awkward - and if GBC is guilty they should feel despicable if they were involved somehow.

Thanks for your insights pulp. I am sure you are spot on. A terrible situation for the Dickies to cope with. I have trouble trying to imagine their day to day lives and how they move forward for the girls' sake.

I just saw on other site that Mrs Dickies Mum has died. 91. Those poor poor darlings. Xxxxxx

I just saw on other site that Mrs Dickies Mum has died. 91. Those poor poor darlings. Xxxxxx

Oh no! More sadness:( Almost too much to bear. I feel that Mrs Dickie would find inner strength to battle on for the girls...but such grief. I hope there are many to help her with attending to daily chores whilst the girls are at school so she can just relax for those few short hours. She would need the peace and solitude to gather her energy and thoughts.

Being a busy mum myself I know that irrespective of money the thing I find I value most when I am stressed and sad is to have someone just help with the daily grind of shopping, laundry, housework etc. To me those little things are an ENORMOUS help and what keeps me going on days where I just feel like lying on the couch.

Just as a bit of food for thought I thought I'd post a little about Allison's hair....

As we all know, forensics found a blonde hair in blood in the Captiva. A local member mentioned Allison had her hair coloured at the hairdresser the night she went missing. Another member said she knew Allison through work association & said she was a red head.

If you recall the drawings the girls made when Allison was still missing, they were described in a report....

April 28, 2012

As hundreds of police and volunteers prepared for the ninth day of their search for Ms Baden-Clay yesterday, the sisters did what they could to bring her back. They drew pictures for their mum

They drew her with her long red hair inside the shape of a heart.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freuy9-1226341324546

The police missing person reports described Allison as having blonde hair....my question is... I wonder if the girls were in fact home that night to see their mum with blonde hair after she came back from hairdresser.

The only info I could find which mentions anything about the girls being home on the night are the texts from GBC saying they were still asleep etc.

Just as a bit of food for thought I thought I'd post a little about Allison's hair....

As we all know, forensics found a blonde hair in blood in the Captiva. A local member mentioned Allison had her hair coloured at the hairdresser the night she went missing. Another member said she knew Allison through work association & said she was a red head.

If you recall the drawings the girls made when Allison was still missing, they were described in a report....

April 28, 2012

As hundreds of police and volunteers prepared for the ninth day of their search for Ms Baden-Clay yesterday, the sisters did what they could to bring her back. They drew pictures for their mum

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freuy9-1226341324546

The police missing person reports described Allison as having blonde hair....my question is... I wonder if the girls were in fact home that night to see their mum with blonde hair after she came back from hairdresser.

The only info I could find which mentions anything about the girls being home on the night are the texts from GBC saying they were still asleep etc.

Marly
Great sleuthing! Depending on what the hairdresser's witness statement is, this could be crucial if she changed from red to blond and. A blond hair was found in the car, and she had a red colour until that night this could be a breakthrough, regardless of what the girls saw. I would love for things to be clear enough so that the girls don't need to be involved.

Marly
Great sleuthing! Depending on what the hairdresser's witness statement is, this could be crucial if she changed from red to blond and. A blond hair was found in the car, and she had a red colour until that night this could be a breakthrough, regardless of what the girls saw. I would love for things to be clear enough so that the girls don't need to be involved.

Perhaps our locals may know if Alison was red headed just before that night. Was the photo taken at the ball in ?April or ?January this year blonde or red hair?

April 28, 2012

The drawings are quite important. I do a LOT of this sort of work with traumatized children. Over the years my experience has been that children will frequently draw the parent prior to the event that occurred causing the trauma. I speak in terms of appearance. Whilst it is certainly possible they weren't home, however if they were and did see her new hair colour it is still possible that the hair was drawn red as that is their most dominant memory of their mother. What I would like to know is if all 3 drew the hair red ? Haven't seen the drawing you refer to so can't comment. Also, I wonder what colour the hair was drawn in subsequent pictures after her death and the funeral. It is possible also that the younger might draw red hair as typically the younger they are the less likely they are to notice things - but of course not always and if pointed out then that may negate my comment.

The drawings children do are critically important in managing trauma and in criminal matters. As a psychologist I have done much training in art therapy and play therapy. It is used as a non threatening tool providing a medium in which children may open up. The art and play are not directed...it occurs (or doesn't occur) completely as the child directs it. It cannot be a leading process. It must come from the child or not at all. Coercion is unethical and a breach as are leading questions.

Marly

It's most likely why the hair was sent for testing...to detect if there was any colourant. I've been through the affidavit info & there seems to be no other mention of the girls being home, apart from his rubbish texts to Allison. All of the "hope you slept well" etc are lies so I'm wondering if the rest of the texts re the girls being asleep etc are also lies.

Perhaps our locals may know if Alison was red headed just before that night. Was the photo taken at the ball in ?April or ?January this year blonde or red hair?

If I recall correctly that awards night was February....& looks like a red/blonde colour in the photo...

awards.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member