Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw NBC and EBC yesterday down near our local shopping centre. We are nowhere near Kenmore, being in the inner Northside, but I am positive it was them. They were on foot, waiting at traffic lights and we were in the car. It was him that really stood out to me at first - quite tall, and just looked exactly like him. The woman looked slightly slimmer than some of her photos, but it looked very much like her too, even down to the polar fleece vest. He seemed to almost have a limp, walked very slowly when they crossed in front of us.

I could be wrong, but I sure took a huge double take. I had the crane neck totally going on lol, my partner must have wondered what the hell I was looking at.

Well spotted LM. Where was your camera???

NBC - Dragging his feet or the proverbial ball and chain? another little boy act. (apologies to all the men out there)

Lol Mountain Misst, I must admit part of me wanted to jump out of the car and take a closer look, but I guess that would have been a bit stalkerish hehe.

Maybe limp isn't quite the right word, but there was something about his gait.

Just been looking at some of the old video clips and photos.

The nerve of them to lower their Australian flag to half-mast the day Allison's body was found, all the while they're refusing to co-operate with police.

Have any locals seen them around lately? I would imagine they're keeping a very low profile.

Maigret, I remember thinking what a b****rd GBC was when his father stumbled. He just looked back and kept walking.......didnt attempt to help his father.....cr**p

Lol Mountain Misst, I must admit part of me wanted to jump out of the car and take a closer look, but I guess that would have been a bit stalkerish hehe.

Maybe limp isn't quite the right word, but there was something about his gait.

He might be a little bit hurt, but maybe he will be OK.

I was wondering about something...a 'handed down' knowledge from the time I was young was that people that are cruel to animals turn out to be abusers and worse...Just curious to know if GBC ever had pet's when he was young and what he was like with them. Did the family have a pet for the 3 girl's?

Ollijack, I have read that they didn't have cats or dogs as one of the BC girls was apparently allergic. I think they may have had a guinea pig at one stage?

The sociopath I was involved with 20 odd years back had a cat, who he appeared to adore latterly, even to point of seeming to be really upset when the cat eventually got run over and died. However when we were together, I came home one day to find a moving sack on our back lawn. The cat had pooed inside the house, so partner had put it in a sack with said poo, and tied up the sack. I was horrified to say the least.

In saying that though, one of my brothers was quite cruel to our cat as a boy/young teen, but he absolutely adores all animals now, and has always been a lovely 'pet parent' as an adult, and is definitely not an abuser in any way.

I was wondering about something...a 'handed down' knowledge from the time I was young was that people that are cruel to animals turn out to be abusers and worse...Just curious to know if GBC ever had pet's when he was young and what he was like with them. Did the family have a pet for the 3 girl's?
We know 'Bid Daddy The Great Game Hunter' killed animals for trophies !

Hi Observer, your comments about EBC are pretty strong and I have no idea if what you say is true. What is your basis for saying these things? Do you know the family?

I don't know the family, no. But I have known several families with similiar dynamics. I'm merely assuming by her body language and what we've seen and read of her. He is the first born son too. IMO he is very much a mummy's boy. IMO he is her 'favourite'.

I still think it was strange she didn't visit GBC when NBC and OW did they would surely have allowed three visitors as they have since

I must admit I did too, at first. I thought she might have been disgusted by what came out at the bail hearing, etc. Wanted nothing to do with him. Whilst that is still plausible, Im leaning towards the idea that I don't think she can be trusted to keep her mouth shut IMO. I think especially with visits being recorded and observed. I think EBC and GBC are very tight. IMO it would gut her seeing her can-do-no-wrong baby in prison like that. That place is beneath him in her eyes. JMO.

what's with the "Tags" on this WS page - 4+ years, and pregnancies???? Is just above the 'quick reply' box. There might be a 'pregnant pause' going on but no 'pregnant paws' here...

Maigret, I remember thinking what a b****rd GBC was when his father stumbled. He just looked back and kept walking.......didnt attempt to help his father.....cr**p

Yes. The father always walks behind like he is the tag-a-long. Never did I see them walk actually together. IMO that is also a tell of their relationship.

what's with the "Tags" on this WS page - 4+ years, and pregnancies???? Is just above the 'quick reply' box. There might be a 'pregnant pause' going on but no 'pregnant paws' here...

Lol, I've been wondering the same thing Mountain Misst

I wondered that too MM, if you click on one of the tags it takes you to another part of this thread about Allison, but not as far as I can see, to anything that mentions "4+ years" specifically.

I do recall somebody posting a comment recently that referred to TM having been involved with GBC for 4+ years, and that their relationship was therefore a relationship rather than an affair, or words to that effect.

However I can find no conncection between that post and the tag at the bottom of the thread page??

Very mysterious, but then I am no expert on this technology, lol

:dunno:

JMO MOO

Marlywizz (and I hope you don't mind my little nickname for you), I have had a look at the reforms called the Moynihan Reforms, which were made law in November 2010 by legislation called Civil and Criminal Jurisdiction Reform and Modernisation Amendment Act 2010 QLD

They are intended to "deliver key efficiencies and improvements to the QLD justice system". One of the implementations is to reform the committal process to try to speed up that process.
Here is a link to the explanatory notes to the legislation if anyone is interested in the detail.
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Bills/53PDF/2010/CivilCrimAmB10Exp.pdf

Thanks for the info alioop...will check it out. It seems one step forward & two steps back with news this morning about courthouses marked for closure.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/newman-takes-axe-to-courts/story-e6freon6-1226441795124

Looking into it, I don't think it's anything to do with Allison's case at all... seems to me they're just a couple of WS most searched words...

I wonder which car GBC claimed he drove last and which one he claims Allison drove last? I wonder if he thought to return the drivers seat to its proper position, and if he attempted to return the rear view mirror to its previous position if he drove her car and pretended he didn't. Even if he tried to return the mirror, he probably wouldn't have put it in the right spot

Just been looking at some of the old video clips and photos.

The nerve of them to lower their Australian flag to half-mast the day Allison's body was found, all the while they're refusing to co-operate with police.

Have any locals seen them around lately? I would imagine they're keeping a very low profile.

Haven't seen them out & about at all in Kenmore and I've been paying way more attention than usual. I was interested to read they were seen in the north side but it would make sense that they are shopping elsewhere, as they are infamous here and not in a positive light. I would imagine they are also trying to avoid Allisons's friends and bumping into the Dickies.
Moving here for the Dickies must have been very hard especially when everything/one they see will remind them of Allison. To do that for their grandchildren again underlines how unselfish and loving they are.
I stopped to water the flowers at the bridge & several cars slowed down to look, I wondered if it was any of the WS team & was smiling I might be sleuthed.

The Tags feature at the bottom of the page is like a search facility. You are permitted to add 20 tags per thread. I added the 4+ years and pregnancies the other day because it may come in handy if we want to go back and read that particular post again for whatever reason.

In simple terms, if you think that a particular post holds something of interest that you may want to refer back to later, add a tag for it while you are in that thread. Don't add things like caterpillar, bwana, etc. but words that will stand out and when you click on the tag it will take you directly to that post.

ETA: I've just added a tag for Alioop's post with the links to the criminal code definitions.

The following is from the FAQ page and explains more fully about tags.

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This complements the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).

This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

Who adds the tags?

Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags.

How do I use tags?

Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.'

This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.

The following is from the FAQ page and explains more fully about tags.

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This complements the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).

This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

Who adds the tags?

Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags.

How do I use tags?

Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.'

This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.

Thanks Makara... it sure is a steep learning curve we are on together. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member