Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not forgetting to mention the black duck that swam by when I was under the bridge.
He's not talking either

Bomb threat at Brisbane court
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/06/21/bomb-threat-brisbane-court/

Interesting this wording: "That was the court where Baden-Clay's lawyers were making his bid for freedom a week after he was accused of murdering his wife Allison at their Brookfield home on April 19 and interfering with her corpse at Kholo Creek the same night."

... at Kholo Creek the same night??? Does this reinforce the placement rather than the washed down theory????

Kholo Creek is quite long. It doesn't say specifically "under the road bridge"....

I still reckon (and it's a pure guess, of course) that it would have been either somewhere up near the scout camp, or (perhaps more likely) just off the road on the upstream side of the bridge, and right at the point where Little Ugly Creek flows into Kholo Creek. Down the bank in the scrub right there. Then the rains came.........

Kholo Creek is quite long. It doesn't say specifically "under the road bridge"....

I still reckon (and it's a pure guess, of course) that it would have been either somewhere up near the scout camp, or (perhaps more likely) just off the road on the upstream side of the bridge, and right at the point where Little Ugly Creek flows into Kholo Creek. Down the bank in the scrub right there. Then the rains came.........

No Doc, the bridge isn't mentioned at all but I do recall that the bail hearing affidavit mentioned Allison being dumped at Kholo Creek where she was found or words to that effect. I'll have to find the link to that one. I do agree with you that placing Allison's body at the junction of Little Ugly and Kholo Creeks is feasible but surely there would be a strong likelihood of being seen at or near the bridge? Little Ugly Creek bridge stands out for me to be the place where a body could be dumped without being seen. The body could then have been washed into Kholo Creek by the floodwaters and came to rest where it was found but that doesn't seem to be what QPS are saying. :banghead:

I contacted the Mt. Crosby Historical Society a while back asking for information on the origin of the name Kholo as I couldn't find much about it on line. Below is the reply I received. What I was wanting to know is whether Little Ugly Creek was ever known as Kholo Creek. Were these two waterways ever referred to as one and the same.

Dear Makara,

I'm afraid the Mt Crosby Historical Society has not yet been able to ascertain the origins of the name "Kholo". This is the name of the surrounding parish, and it appears in the official records from the mid 19th century. Kholo Creek was also known as "Ugly Gully" - if you search for either of these terms on Trove (www.trove.nla.gov.au) you will find many interesting photographs and newspaper articles. Note that Kholo Bridge is some distance away from Kholo Creek - the bridge crosses the Brisbane River from the Kholo peninsula area, heading towards Ipswich. Kholo Creek is near Mt Crosby and is crossed by a bridge on Mt Crosby Road on the way into Brisbane.

I'm sorry I can't be of any further assistance, but best of luck with your researches.

Judy Nissen
Professional Historian
judith.nissen@internode.on.net

No Doc, the bridge isn't mentioned at all but I do recall that the bail hearing affidavit mentioned Allison being dumped at Kholo Creek where she was found or words to that effect.

Good point, Makara. Will be interesting to see it all unfold, albeit ever so slowly....

No Doc, the bridge isn't mentioned at all but I do recall that the bail hearing affidavit mentioned Allison being dumped at Kholo Creek where she was found or words to that effect. I'll have to find the link to that one. I do agree with you that placing Allison's body at the junction of Little Ugly and Kholo Creeks is feasible but surely there would be a strong likelihood of being seen at or near the bridge? Little Ugly Creek bridge stands out for me to be the place where a body could be dumped without being seen. The body could then have been washed into Kholo Creek by the floodwaters and came to rest where it was found but that doesn't seem to be what QPS are saying. :banghead:

Each report seems to have used different wording...

June 14, 2012

Court documents record he is charged with Allison's murder "at or about the 19th of April 2012" at their home address.

The charge for interfering with a corpse is registered at Kholo Creek in the suburb of Mount Crosby, also "at or about the 19th of April 2012".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...his-wife-allison/story-e6frg6nf-1226395232344

-----------------------------------------
June 27, 2012

He has also been charged with interfering with her body, by moving her to the creek where she was found

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz231yufm6I

If Allisons body had been dumped under the bridge, the evidence would be in the soil that was under her body.
Bodily fluids, decay would have seeped into the area directly beneath her, so I imagine forensics would be able to determine when her body was either put there as opposed to washed down.

All MOO.

There had been a lot of soil removed from under the bridge in places.

That was my observation too.

The same samples should match his clothing and carpet in the car.

Thats why I am not concerned about old blood, new blood in the car from previous use. Many other kinds of samples will overide this.

It must have been very unsettling to have been there, KTK, Poss, Indromum and all who have been brave enough. Thank you to you all and for the flowers on our behalves, from those of us who aren't or can't. *advertiser censored*

It must have been very unsettling to have been there, KTK, Poss, Indromum and all who have been brave enough. Thank you to you all and for the flowers on our behalves, from those of us who aren't or can't. *advertiser censored*

I could not go under the bridge.....I sent my husband...I am a woooooosey.

I will always remember placing the cross there ( with permission).
Just we opened the car door it was announced that he had been charged. How good was that?

I was glad to be able to tell her how sorry I am. And so pleased to see the flowers and know their story. Like a group of people holding hands in the ether.

The same samples should match his clothing and carpet in the car.

Thats why I am not concerned about old blood, new blood in the car from previous use. Many other kinds of samples will overide this.

Nothing has ever been mentioned about his clothing has it - it would be very interesting to know what he did with it.

Nothing has ever been mentioned about his clothing has it - it would be very interesting to know what he did with it.

Would also be interesting to see what happened to her clothing that she was wearing at the hairdressers.

Would be interesting to see what the tests revealed on all the drain pipes in the house as well.

Consider for a moment the evidence so far is weak. He might be guilty of a lot of things and is certainly accused of just about anything in this forum, but, he is on remand and is not convicted of a crime yet. What is the behavior anyone one in jail that really should not be there?

So what has not been offered up from GBC side of the story is a plausible excuse for who did it. Put yourself in his place, would you be screaming for whoever did it to flush them out?

What sort of turn up would it be to find that NBC is the one and was at the house to follow up on being called bwanna or something or was accused of covering up affair, and GBC won't dob him. Part of knowing someone is guilty is knowing that no one else did it. Possibilities are still there.

I so get what you are saying,What if.....?So often I have had similar thoughts too yours.I have tried too place myself in his shoes.....Want Dadda too take notice ,....Stand up, sit down, don't cry,blah, blah ,blah....What a nightmare,for a little boy ,that just wants aprroval.....
I do believe ,he did it,....although,...for some strange reason, I feel sorry for him...
I think he never got Dadda's approval..........Never got noticed,he loved his Dad ,looked up to him,maybe just wanted too be ,just like him.

I agree BigT. IMO the bomb scare had nothing at all to do with GBC. The Sica and bikie trials had the potential to attract some nut job wanting attention.

It does sound that way Possum. Perhaps the investigators have found evidence that Allison was actually dumped under the bridge as opposed to being washed down by floodwaters.

Possum, you've been to where Allison was found, do you think there is any possibility whatsoever for someone to conceal their car there and dump Allison's body where it was found? Let's say for example that this was actually how it happened and forget all other scenarios, how difficult would it be and what would be the physical aftermath on the perp? Firstly they would have to be reasonably fit IMO. From the photos I've seen of where Allison was found, the perp would more than likely have sustained scratches from foliage, had muddy shoes and clothing and could possibly have been bitten by insects etc. Maybe even a caterpillar or two. :floorlaugh: Mud and flora would have then been transferred into his vehicle. Could one person have disposed of Allison where she was found

I can't feel any sympathy for him. I do feel he killed Allison, but I believe he knew what he was doing, and may well have planned it somewhat. He certainly knew what he'd done after the fact (IMO), yet he can't/won't own up to it.

I do think it's likely that Big Daddy was involved, at least after the fact. I think Mama would know at least some of it also. So no, can't feel sorry for any of them. I think they've all acted in such a despicable way, they make me feel repulsed.

It's weird, because I think I can sort of feel sorry for some criminals, even if the crimes are horrendous, but with this one, the deception and cover up, the refusal to help, or talk, takes all of that away for me.

I do think it's quite possible he has a sociopathic personality, in which case he was either born that way, or made/raised that way, but they still know what they do, they just don't care. I can't feel sorry for him at all.

MOO

Agreed Tishy. I could drive that way to Ipswich but don't want to cross the bridge. And I lived in Karana Downs as a kid so am very familiar with that area and it's always been a kind of eerie place. Isolated and dark.

As for OW, maybe she was just totally naive, but seriously, if your family was acting like that, the awful way they did, and still do, then why on earth would you be supporting them?

Maybe she doesn't support him/them since the bail hearing though.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member